No AIBP or Soda & More sith Ocean Medallion??

reedprincess

We don't buy it either as it is too expensive for us. I did buy the Soda & More package once on a short cruise just to try it out. Excellent value there. We have the AIBP as a perk on our next two cruises and it is much appreciated but I would never spend that kind of money for the package. Heck, on our October cruise it is "worth" over $1,600 each. No way would I kick down $3,200 for drinks. :eek:

Like you, I am very pleased for those who do purchase the packages. It was very "unfair" to have the packages available on all cruises except the Medallion cruises.

The only package that I do buy is the water package. It is just easier for me. I like crystal lite (no caffeine flavors, like fruit punch) I will use them in the small water bottles. I am not a fan of Sprite or diet coke. DH will drink the diet coke in the mini bar. For me, I will drink the Crystal lite, one glass of Ice tea with caffeine, then I make caffeine free ice tea for the rest of the day. Once in a while I will get a frozen/iced caffeine free coffee.

Once I got the soda and more package form my TA. The whole week I was drinking some sort of chocolate and banana smoothie. It was great. The second to the last day I wait at the bar while they made it. I wanted to die when I saw all the calories that went into to making it then. The were using whole cream! No wonder why it taste so good. After that I ask for a skinny one, low fat milk. It was not the same, but my heart liked it better.

I am happy to see the package back.

Whoops, had not seen this, just created a new topic. I'll try to delete it.

So given that the soda and more and AIBP were not going to be permitted unless you had a promotion when you booked we switched to the Coral for our Panama Canal cruise. We got Cabin C727 which seems great! Princess called our TA back and said they would allow it now but we've lost the amenities we had, specialty dining and $510 in OBC. Coral is more $ but the cabin location seems better. Caribbean Princess is D623.

Similar itinerary except we swap Aruba for Jamaica, which is fine/better for us as we've been to Jamaica.

Wasn't sure about keeping the CB or sticking to our great location on Coral.

If the soda and more is still not available I think we will stick to our new booking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! Yes! I've just been reading the good news!

They just took it down again and it now says out of stock in your cart again. I called and they said web maintenance and back up tomorrow AM. I think this is to block the 2 night cruise option.

Hi Christina, We're pleased to tell you that we've taken our guests' feedback to heart and will offer our beverage packages on OCEAN Medallion voyages. As of this morning, guests on OCEAN Medallion voyages are again able to purchase them for their cruise.

Thank you for sharing this information with us. :)

They just took it down again and it now says out of stock in your cart again. I called and they said web maintenance and back up tomorrow AM. I think this is to block the 2 night cruise option.

Soda & More is still showing and they haven't reinstated the verbiage that was on the Gifts & Services page so I agree that it will be back soon.

just booked the AIBP for the 2 night medallion cruise and paid as it was offered!!! Get it now...it may not stay on the under 3 night cruises.

Wow. It has never been offered on cruises of less than 3 nights. Since you already paid for it I would guess they will "probably" end up honoring it. Best of luck. Somebody messed up good and you may well reap the benefit. :D

On our upcoming 28 day cruise there is no option for the $99 all inclusive photo package but, for a very short time, that option was showing and a few people jumped on it and paid right then. The option was quickly removed but those who had paid are having the package honored.

Edited by Thrak

Wow! You were lucky you snagged it when you did! I bet you're right...saw 2 nighters purchasing it and needed to make some correction. It will be interesting to see tomorrow!

Whoops, had not seen this, just created a new topic. I'll try to delete it.

So given that the soda and more and AIBP were not going to be permitted unless you had a promotion when you booked we switched to the Coral for our Panama Canal cruise. We got Cabin C727 which seems great! Princess called our TA back and said they would allow it now but we've lost the amenities we had, specialty dining and $510 in OBC. Coral is more $ but the cabin location seems better. Caribbean Princess is D623.

Similar itinerary except we swap Aruba for Jamaica, which is fine/better for us as we've been to Jamaica.

Wasn't sure about keeping the CB or sticking to our great location on Coral.

If the soda and more is still not available I think we will stick to our new booking

AIBP and Soda & More are both available on Caribbean Princess and other Medallion ships.

However, if this is your first Panama Canal cruise, I would recommend staying with the Coral instead of the Caribbean - not because of the ship, but because of the Canal. The Coral sails through the historic locks; the Caribbean sails through the new locks. The old locks have much more historical interest. I am sailing on the Caribbean through the new locks this January, but only because I have already sailed through the old ones.

Wonder why they don't just say "No deliveries on AIBP, except in MDR, you must go to the bar and collect it."

One can only assume they don't see delivery as a problem. :cool:

My cruise is still a ways out (Golden 2019) but the AIBP still is not showing. Soda package is up however....,

Bob

Have no fear. You know they love you and will return your AIBP option. :cool:

AIBP and Soda & More are both available on Caribbean Princess and other Medallion ships.

However, if this is your first Panama Canal cruise, I would recommend staying with the Coral instead of the Caribbean - not because of the ship, but because of the Canal. The Coral sails through the historic locks; the Caribbean sails through the new locks. The old locks have much more historical interest. I am sailing on the Caribbean through the new locks this January, but only because I have already sailed through the old ones.

Thanks! I do want to try the old locks

I'm thinking for a full transit

Thanks! I do want to try the old locks

I'm thinking for a full transit

Coral is a great ship for doing the canal as there are fore and aft viewing decks on Baja and Caribe decks. Just go all the way forward and then through the doors at the end of the hall. There will be a naturalist broadcasting from one of the forward viewing decks - probably Caribe. He is happy to answer any questions you might have.

Just be sure to not let the door slam when you go through as there are cabins right there and the slamming door is exceedingly annoying to the occupants.

Coral is a great ship for doing the canal as there are fore and aft viewing decks on Baja and Caribe decks. Just go all the way forward and then through the doors at the end of the hall. There will be a naturalist broadcasting from one of the forward viewing decks - probably Caribe. He is happy to answer any questions you might have.

Just be sure to not let the door slam when you go through as there are cabins right there and the slamming door is exceedingly annoying to the occupants.

Thanks!!