No AIBP or Soda & More sith Ocean Medallion??

reedprincess

Gosh I sure do hope Princess finds a work around with this issue.

My husband get the soda & more package. He drinks about 4 sodas a day and a milkshake every other night. He will have no problem switching to water.

I like the coffee card and sure hope that does not go away either. I do not drink soda much so I won't miss out on the Soda package.

When they brought those on to sell to their customers the idea was convenience for a price.

I think that if what you all say is true, then Princess just lost revenue from us. We will still cruise but our consumption of beverages will be the ones included in our cruise cost plus an occasional glass of wine (paid for by OBC).

Guest arowe6
This is what happens when you put a marketing person in charge of a cruise line.

As someone who works in Marketing... even I'm not THAT blind to the complete incompetince that is taking place with this Ocean Medallion fiasco.

-Andrew :)

As someone who works in Marketing... even I'm not THAT blind to the complete incompetince that is taking place with this Ocean Medallion fiasco.

Maybe the OP did not make a mistake in typing the title of this thread. Could a Sith Lord be responsible for these decisions?:evilsmile:

What if it's the exact opposite? Nowhere have they said they are trying to get the beverage packages integrated with Ocean Medallion - only that they are not available. If the plan all along was to phase out the BPs because they think they will generate more revenue without them, it's a supremely competent way to do it and there's no fiasco.

I think can all expect BOGOs to go the way of the dodo as well! :(:(:(

Guest arowe6
What if it's the exact opposite? Nowhere have they said they are trying to get the beverage packages integrated with Ocean Medallion - only that they are not available. If the plan all along was to phase out the BPs because they think they will generate more revenue without them, it's a supremely competent way to do it and there's no fiasco.

I think can all expect BOGOs to go the way of the dodo as well! :(:(:(

I'm hoping they'll start offering "cook in your cabin" packages. Each stateroom comes equipped with a microwave and bar sink. Bring your own TV dinners to enjoy on the comfort of your balcony. Mmm mmm good!

Plastic silverware included. But if you're elite, it's upgraded to stainless steel.

(Kidding of course)

Guest arowe6
Maybe the OP did not make a mistake in typing the title of this thread. Could a Sith Lord be responsible for these decisions?:evilsmile:

The force is strong with you.

I guess the good news is that you and I will be able to find seats at the bar in Crooners to sit and drink all day.:) The bad news is all of the people walking past us glaring at us.:(

Don't worry. We'll be sitting with you. It will give them more to stare at!

(Air Force Veteran)

Just received email from Princess UK stating that beverage packages will be available from midnight tonight on Ocean Medallion cruises. YAY!!!

Yay! That's is great news! Does that also apply to the Soda and More package?

I wish I got emails from Princess. I used to but they stopped.

I remember when Celebrity first came out with AIBP packages and started bundling them in promotions before Princess even had them. The discussion on this board now compared to then is strikingly different.

Then: 'AIBP will never work on Princess'. 'Princess passengers are too classy to drink that much'. Or 'Can you imagine the behavior on behavior on board if Princess offered AIBP?' (Quite different statements, if you think about it.)

Now: 'How will we ever live without our AIBP??'

I can't imagine Princess isn't making a lot of money on AIBP. We on this board have a wonderful spreadsheet to determine its value for us which often leads to the determination it isn't worth it, but Princess buys alcohol in massive quantities, pays no taxes on it and their bar staff basically works for tips. It costs them way, way less than a dollar per drink.

I think they are either going to eventually incorporate BP into the Medallion program because it is a huge profit maker or they've decided to abandon them for some other reason. Sharing, security concerns, customer dissatisfaction due to slow bar service...there is something else going on here if they do away with them all together.

I'm a bit surprised it took all the way to post 103 for someone to propose this idea. I really expected it earlier. :p

Just received email from Princess UK stating that beverage packages will be available from midnight tonight on Ocean Medallion cruises. YAY!!!

I made a "booking" a few days ago for a Medallion cruise in December. I don't plan to follow through but wanted to see if the AIBP was available. It wasn't.

After reading the above post I just now went to the Princess site and checked my "booking". (It won't time out until Monday due to the weekend.) It now shows the AIBP as available. However, it still does not show the Soda & More package. Hopefully that one will return soon as well.

AIBP and Soda & More are back on my OCEAN Medallion cruise on the Caribbean Princess in March 2018 (the first OCEAN Medallion cruise on the Caribbean Princess.

AIBP is available for purchase at $57.45 per person per day including gratuity. The note in fine print now says "Excludes in-room services, souvenir, mini-bar and vending machine items."

Unlimited Soda & More Package is available for purchase at $8.05 per person per day including gratuity.

Hi Christina, We're pleased to tell you that we've taken our guests' feedback to heart and will offer our beverage packages on OCEAN Medallion voyages. As of this morning, guests on OCEAN Medallion voyages are again able to purchase them for their cruise.

I also looked at the link to Beverage Packages & Culinary Delights under gifts and services.

The AIBP now has the note "Package is NOT available for purchase within 3 days of sailing. Package is NOT available for voyages 2 nights or fewer." There is no exception for OCEAN Medallion.

The Unlimited Soda & More Package also does not have an exception for OCEAN Medallion.

It looks as if Princess paid attention to our complaints.

Yay!!!! I'm so happy the drink packages are back! It would be been such a pain to check our folio to see if they charged the individual drinks correctly. Now I can look forward to booking a Medallion cruise!

It is back on my up coming cruise. I don't buy it , but I am happy it is back for those who want it.

We don't buy it either as it is too expensive for us. I did buy the Soda & More package once on a short cruise just to try it out. Excellent value there. We have the AIBP as a perk on our next two cruises and it is much appreciated but I would never spend that kind of money for the package. Heck, on our October cruise it is "worth" over $1,600 each. No way would I kick down $3,200 for drinks. :eek:

Like you, I am very pleased for those who do purchase the packages. It was very "unfair" to have the packages available on all cruises except the Medallion cruises.

Nice to see everyone is getting the option back...

For anyone who was curious, they have posted to their Facebook page that they reversed the decision after taking customer feedback to heart... which implies this wasn't actually a technical issue after all.

Whatever the reason, be it technical or taking feedback to heart, I am glad. I've already rebooked my next cruise on another cruise line, but because they reversed this, I would book again with Princess in the future.

Princess CruisesHi, Robert. We're pleased to tell you that we've taken our guests' feedback to heart and will offer our beverage packages on OCEAN Medallion voyages. As of this morning, guests on OCEAN Medallion voyages are again able to purchase them for their cruise.
Edited by GreyFox386
Link wasn't working