Seniors and the Pregnancy Questionnaire

Tiger0613

Does anyone else think it is absurd that a woman that is past menopause is still required to complete the pregnancy questionnaire?

Can someone please explain the rationale behind this?

Consider it a compliment and move on. Its like being carded at Walmart buying canned air for my pc. They still have to ask, I give them a hard time and say shhh its our little secret they look at me like a crazy old lady. Makes my day.

If that ruffles your feathers I would hate to see when you get up set.

Consider it a compliment and move on. Its like being carded at Walmart buying canned air for my pc. They still have to ask, I give them a hard time and say shhh its our little secret they look at me like a crazy old lady. Makes my day.

If that ruffles your feathers I would hate to see when you get up set.

One, I wasn't asking for me. I am nowhere near menopause. Two, my feathers are not ruffled. I'm not losing any sleep over this.

Is Carnival asking every 13+ female just to avoid singling out a particular group, for the rare times when someone older does get pregnant, or for some other reason?

One, I wasn't asking for me. I am nowhere near menopause. Two, my feathers are not ruffled. I'm not losing any sleep over this.

Is Carnival asking every 13+ female just to avoid singling out a particular group, for the rare times when someone older does get pregnant, or for some other reason?

Standard procedure. That is all it is.

Does anyone else think it is absurd that a woman that is past menopause is still required to complete the pregnancy questionnaire?

You know, it took longer to complain here about it than it does to check "No" on the form.

Well since there's no standard age for menopause, it's easier just to have every female fill it out.

Even women that have already have gone through the change with the help of science can still get pregnant.

It's better to answer a yes or no question than to have to explain why this question doesn't apply to you such as had a hysterectomy, post menopausal, haven't had sex in 9 months, etc. You get the picture. [emoji849]

Well since there's no standard age for menopause, it's easier just to have every female fill it out.

Even women that have already have gone through the change with the help of science can still get pregnant.

It's better to answer a yes or no question than to have to explain why this question doesn't apply to you such as had a hysterectomy, post menopausal, haven't had sex in 9 months, etc. You get the picture. [emoji849]

OMG, what a picture... :o

Just laugh and move on. That is what I did when I needed to do a checklist that asked if I understood that having breast implants could interfere with breast feeding a child. I was post menopausal, had bilateral mastectomies because of breast cancer, and was opting to do delayed reconstruction with implants.

These days 65 year old women are giving birth, as menopause has no impact any more if you want to get pregnant.

So, no, I don't think it is ridiculous, and I would rather just check "no" instead of having to give a female health history and desires and future plans and oopsies thought I was in menopause....

What is the exact age of menopause?

Is Carnival asking every 13+ female just to avoid singling out a particular group,

Do they only ask 13+ females? I think is on every question sheet regardless of age or sex. It is just a standard form to make them easy to reproduce and catalog. Nothing more.

Do they only ask 13+ females? I think is on every question sheet regardless of age or sex. It is just a standard form to make them easy to reproduce and catalog. Nothing more.

The health questionnaire is all ages and both sexes, but the pregnancy questionnaire is only females 13+. I can't think of a reason to ask a man if he is pregnant.

The reason I asked this question is that when something seems illogical, I need to understand the reasoning behind it. I won't lose any sleep over this, but it does still annoy me a little bit. I don't like having to deal with what comes across as unnecessary. ADHD and bipolar are sometimes an unfortunate combination.

Also, I don't always use the best wording when posting in the middle of the night.

I used to make a joke of it when I had to counsel a 75 y/o woman having a hysterectomy that she would not be able to get pregnant. Would tell her that you never know if she might meet a man named Abraham... EM

The health questionnaire is all ages and both sexes, but the pregnancy questionnaire is only females 13+. I can't think of a reason to ask a man if he is pregnant.

The reason I asked this question is that when something seems illogical, I need to understand the reasoning behind it. I won't lose any sleep over this, but it does still annoy me a little bit. I don't like having to deal with what comes across as unnecessary. ADHD and bipolar are sometimes an unfortunate combination.

Also, I don't always use the best wording when posting in the middle of the night.

Well hopefully you were given some answers to help it make sense to you.

I used to make a joke of it when I had to counsel a 75 y/o woman having a hysterectomy that she would not be able to get pregnant. Would tell her that you never know if she might meet a man named Abraham... EM

I had a hysterectomy last year at 52, I wasn't in menopause yet. I told the doctor that I wasn't planning on getting pregnant at my age and health, she was relieved that I was clear about it. She said some aren't!

I agree with everyone else, it's faster and more efficient to just ask all the question then try to figure out who to ask. And someone would get insulted if they weren't asked because an official assumed they were too old.

That didn't answer my question. My question was about the reasoning.

Also, the health questionnaire and the pregnancy questionnaire are separate.

The reasoning is it is easier to have just one version to keep track of and by having one version they do not have to pick and choose who gets asked what, which has been offered in this thread. Are you looking for some other reason because there really is not a simpler one.

The reasoning is it is easier to have just one version to keep track of and by having one version they do not have to pick and choose who gets asked what, which has been offered in this thread. Are you looking for some other reason because there really is not a simpler one.

No. My question was answered several times. I wanted reasons and opinions. I got them.

You know, it took longer to complain here about it than it does to check "No" on the form.

Exactly. Come on, if you're a woman you will get asked the same set of female-oriented medical questions for the better portion of your life. Check no and go enjoy your cruise. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Come on, if you're a woman you will get asked the same set of female-oriented medical questions for the better portion of your life. Check no and go enjoy your cruise. :rolleyes:

I wasn't complaining. In case you missed my responses, I said I just wanted to understand the reasoning behind the policy. I was already satisfied with the answers I have received.