Serenade of Seas Refurbishment

When is Serenade of Seas scheduled for refurbishment in 2017?

Dry dock is scheduled for Nov 1, 2017 to Nov 13, 2017. There has been no mention of any "improvements" or "refurbishment", so it may only be the required periodic marine maintenance and inspection.

Just returned from the serenade of the sea cruise, it needs some repairs the air duct in our balcony blew dust everywhere for about 6 days horrible bed was terrible sleep was minimal mirrors in bathroom backs starting peeling couch looked like it was bought at a yard sail worn looking

Dry dock is scheduled for Nov 1, 2017 to Nov 13, 2017. There has been no mention of any "improvements" or "refurbishment", so it may only be the required periodic marine maintenance and inspection.

Oh.....

That's the day we get OFF her.:*

We were told at the Captain's Corner Q&A that she is getting a major improvement in her laundry facilities. Big enough that they are going to have to cut a hole in the hull to remove the old equipment and install the new equipment. Other then that, they said just routine maintenance and the like.

We were told at the Captain's Corner Q&A that she is getting a major improvement in her laundry facilities. Big enough that they are going to have to cut a hole in the hull to remove the old equipment and install the new equipment. Other then that, they said just routine maintenance and the like.

Well I'm glad we're going on her before they cut the giant hole in the hull and seal it back up LOL

• 1 month later...
Hopefully some others members who have sailed recently will write about the ship's condition.

We are on her two weeks ago - in general, she was in very good shape for her age. The upholstery in the MDR and theater was a little tired, but the beds seemed fine, and everything was sparkling clean.

Planning to sail next year hope they do give her an overhaul especially in the maintenance dept. If areas like beds or sofa, and carpet need updates this seems to be an easy thing to update hope they do it. This is more important to me.

Short Dry Dock, not going give overhaul. To do that ships in past usually take 4-6 weeks. They did get all new mattresses and balcony deck chairs last Nov/Dec though. Spent about 200 nites on Serenade in last 3 yrs, up keep is pretty good.

• 3 months later...
Hopefully some others members who have sailed recently will write about the ship's condition.

Just sailed her last week (Bos-Halifax) for the second time in 5 years.

The Theatre could use new seating. Getting a bit threadbare.

Lots of little things are needing attention, like missing trim, several of the lighting machines in the centrum are missing, blown speaker making noise, lots of the usual dents and dings in the surfaces in the dining room, lots of little rust spots...

Overall, the ship is in pretty good condition, the bed was very comfortable (9062) but the couch was needing refurb, and the ship didn't smell as fresh as it could have.

We prefer the Radiance class ships, but they seem to be getting less TLC than the monster ships.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday was out on my boat and I noticed Serenade in port. Then around 1:30 or so, it's leaving port. I'm thinking "Why the heck is it leaving port so early?" - This makes sense now! Always good info here to satisfy curiosity.

I was on the Serenade in October on a 5 night NE/Canada cruise. The ship is older, but it was in good condition and clean. I loved my balcony cabin as it had a lot of storage and the service onboard and staff were just great. I booked another cruise on Serenade to Bermuda for 2018 when I returned home based upon my experience last month.