Pricing Help for OV Balcony Oasis of the Seas - RC Newbie here

Good afternoon!

Hubby and I are planning our next cruise for Sept 2017. We've sailed on Carnival three times, but never on Royal Caribbean. We've been looking at Oasis of the Seas as a potential option and we want an ocean view balcony.

I have a question about RC's pricing structure. The "normal" price of a Deck 14 Ocean View Stateroom is going for about $3,100 for this Sept 10, 7 day ailing from Orlando and RC is advertising a 30% each guest plus a $250 special Oasis class savings promotion right now, bringing the total (with prepaid gratuities and tax) down to $2,382.

Of course I am thinking "Gee! Look at all these savings, lets book NOW!" But wanted to do my due-diligence first to see if this is as great of a deal that I think it is. For example, some companies make things look like they are on "sale" even though it is around "normal" price because they are always having sales.

So, in your opinion, is this a good deal, or a flop? Any thoughts around Deck 14's noise factor?

Virtually all of RC's promos are fake sales. However, if you do book now, and you see a price drop before final payment date, RC will usually give you the lower price.

Good afternoon!

Hubby and I are planning our next cruise for Sept 2017. We've sailed on Carnival three times, but never on Royal Caribbean. We've been looking at Oasis of the Seas as a potential option and we want an ocean view balcony.

I have a question about RC's pricing structure. The "normal" price of a Deck 14 Ocean View Stateroom is going for about $3,100 for this Sept 10, 7 day ailing from Orlando and RC is advertising a 30% each guest plus a $250 special Oasis class savings promotion right now, bringing the total (with prepaid gratuities and tax) down to $2,382.

Of course I am thinking "Gee! Look at all these savings, lets book NOW!" But wanted to do my due-diligence first to see if this is as great of a deal that I think it is. For example, some companies make things look like they are on "sale" even though it is around "normal" price because they are always having sales.

So, in your opinion, is this a good deal, or a flop? Any thoughts around Deck 14's noise factor?

I just spent a week on the Allure (same ship as Oasis) on Deck 14 in a jr. suite. Directly above us was empty space near the aft elevator, but there's always someone running up there. If you go to bed early or get up late it might bother you; also depending on where your cabin is located. Right under the pool you could hear chairs scraping very early in the morning. After the late night noise (and it didn't really bother us), it was really quiet.

Look at the schematic and see what's directly above you. Aft on 14 is great location if you "need" coffee. Coffee pots are out in the corridor on Deck 16.

IMO, $2300 is a pretty good price for seven days on an Oasis class. We have sailed on Oasis/Allure a half dozen times and always in an ocean view balcony. I usually watch for a few months and target $2200-$2400. Now, I would not necessarily be a fan of deck 14 for the reasons previously posted but pricewise you've found a good deal that I would seriously consider

Price may go down further. That's hurricane season. But that sounds like a fairly good deal to me.

It's only hurricane season when you live in Florida and they make us crazy staring in June. Last hurricane we had was in 2005. They have nothing much to talk about here so they weather us to death.

If the price goes down before final payment, you will get a reduction. Your booking number will stay the same, and you probably will keep the OBC.

The OBC can only be kept if RC is running the same OBC promo when the price goes down.

You are close enough to final payment (90 days out) that I would wait till after that to book this Last year the lowest prices were about 60 days out at about $200 lower than now (X GTY rate which is what I'm assuming you are looking at now). Given her move to PC since then and somewhat lower prices, I'd say it will go at least that low or lower.

Good afternoon!

Just my opinion, but I would not book on Deck 14. You are under a lot of activities going on and I would think you might have some sleeping issues.

We have sailed the Oasis twice this year and about to sail her again in August. Don't miss the shows, the 70's Dancing in the Street party and the parade.

You will love the Oasis!!! Have a wonderful cruise!!

We paid $1413 with all fees and taxes but not gratuities for 2 people in an oceanview balcony guarantee for the august 6th sailing. It was a crazy sale a few weekends ago- it may have even been an error! We were immediately assigned mid-ship balcony cabins on deck 7 (even before I had to make the deposit). I thought this was a fantastic price but I think anything all in for 2 people under $2500 is a pretty good deal for a week's cruise.

A new sale starts on May 3rd so you can compare. As others have said, you can adjust or just cancel and re-book up until final payment is due.

Just as a point of reference, here are how the prices on our Oct 1st Allure cruise have changed since we booked in on Feb 12th. This is an Ocean View Balcony room.

Oct 1 - 8 Allure Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Booked Feb 12th: $1,793.32

2-22: $1834.32

2-24: $1874.32

2-28: $1856.98

3-2: $1981.32

3-8: $2032

3-14 & 3-22: $2304 & $200 OBC

4-2: $2303 & $200 OBC

4-27: $2,615

5-1: $2,583

And here is our Feb 2018 Oasis cruise price history. Also an Ocean View Balcony.

Feb 2018 Oasis Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Booked Feb 5th: $1932

2-12 & 2-22: $1926.82

2-28: $1992.82

3-2 & 3-8 & 3-14 $ 3-22: $1992.82

4-2: $2093

4-27: $2,420

5-1: $2,099

The only way I know to determine if it is a good deal or not is to do what many of us do... track the prices so you know when there is a REAL SALE - not the misleading marketing gimmicks they use.

That price sounds high to be for a Sept sailing. We usually sail from Sept thru Nov and if you add back in our balcony discount it is never more than $2000 total for 2 for an OV balcony

Also add me to the list of folks that would never book one on deck 14. We prefer decks 8-11

That said I have been watching the prices for Sept-Oct and are surprised at how high they still are

Also add me to the list of folks that would never book one on deck 14. We prefer decks 8-11

Me too. But unfortunately when the only cabins you can use are on deck 14, there are no other options.

A few days ago I booked an ocean view balcony on Oasis for two for a total of $1822.76. That includes taxes but not tips. It is on the 11th deck, and sailing date is Sept. 3.

I just checked and the Sep 24th Western Caribbean sailing on Oasis for Superior Ocean View is $1947.22 today. Adding in $189 for pre-paid gratuities would be $2,136. About $250 better than the $2,382 you mentioned.

Wow, a big thanks to each and everyone one of you for your insights! My boss hasn't confirmed my vacation days yet (Ugh!), so I haven't bought the cruise. Thanks also for the tip to stay away from Deck 14! =)