"LIVE" - Aloha, Radiance of the Seas May 5, 2017 Honolulu to Vancouver

This was our view of Kalalau Valley, And I can tell you when you can see anything at all in front of you it's spooky to get close to the edge,

34434195931_7b4af09f63_b.jpg

34402638182_4271e4731c_b.jpg

33721607164_d94121c424_b.jpg

34523258246_d88b60dc18_b.jpg

I am tossing these in now to fulfill my obligations of at least three gratuitous Kaua'i chicken shot.

First dad

34564237705_af7e7bc1a6_b.jpg

Now mom and the kids

33721228964_14cf146a0f_b.jpg

Before heading back down in the town of Waimea for lunch we made a stop at the Puu HinaHina Viewpoint. At this one they say you can get the "Grand Canyon" viewpoint. It provides one of the most dramatic ways to view the canyon giving a more of a look at the length of the canyon which is over ten miles.

34433801631_37fb783bb4_b.jpg

34178625220_2098bf859d_b.jpg

34564284445_5f5fd08b27_b.jpg

34564275015_4b12e832b3_b.jpg

34434117041_41c89ecf6c_b.jpg

Wow, thanks for taking the time to do yet another review. They are great!

Happy Birthday to beautiful Marie.

These pics are absolutely beautiful.

I have this itinerary on my bucket list but we couldn't leave our dog that long. The last cruise we went on together the dog wasn't well watched and died while gone (very devastating). Since then hubby refuses to leave our new baby with anyone so we do short separate vacations so one of us can be with the dog or travel in our motor home where she can come along.

I read all of your reviews so I can enjoy the beauty of Hawaii through your wonderful reviews. Thanks for that.

Wow, thanks for taking the time to do yet another review. They are great!

Happy Birthday to beautiful Marie.

These pics are absolutely beautiful.

I have this itinerary on my bucket list but we couldn't leave our dog that long. The last cruise we went on together the dog wasn't well watched and died while gone (very devastating). Since then hubby refuses to leave our new baby with anyone so we do short separate vacations so one of us can be with the dog or travel in our motor home where she can come along.

I read all of your reviews so I can enjoy the beauty of Hawaii through your wonderful reviews. Thanks for that.

Ouch, that had to be painful. We were on a 7 day Med cruise when our 16 year old golden passed. The kids took care of everything but it was hard not being there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ouch, that had to be painful. We were on a 7 day Med cruise when our 16 year old golden passed. The kids took care of everything but it was hard not being there.

My golden is 10, I hope we have her for 6 years more too. Sorry to hear about that, it is tough to lose them.

And once again, thankyou for another fantastic review, we will be in Kauai (for a land holiday) and on the Radiance (Alaska) later this year. Happy Birthday to Marie too :D

Hmm, get a drink, load a picture. get a drink, load a picture. I think I like that pattern. :D;p

Our drink/post plan worked much better than the wifi ;)and this was when you paid by time blocks. ;) The bar crew got to know us over the Vancouver to Hawaii and RT Alaska cruise.

Edit to add: the shrimp look delicious, especially the coconut ones.

Thank you. I am so grateful for digital photography so I can throw out the 90% that don't look good, ;p

Bill,

Thanks for the great photos. Yes, very true about going digital. But you are getting some spectacular keepers!!!

:')Our Golden died 3 yrs ago at 15...so far we cannot replace him.

Love the pics Bill and kiss Marie for us Happy BDay Marie!

We head to Oahu in October to visit the folks, I am getting excited now due to your review!

I've thoroughly enjoyed your review - following both you and Eric. Happy to participate vicariously since my situation doesn't allow me to be there in person. Your time and effort is really appreciated 😀

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Good morning and thank you all for your wonderful posts. In an hour or two the ship will be anchoring in Lahaina, Maui where we will stay till tomorrow evening. They start passing out tender tickets at 6:30. Hoping to get off fairly early to go pick up our car.

I will post more this evening. We went up to the Maui Winery, it was beautiful up there. Ordered wine then ended up in Paia and had lunch at the Paia Fish Market. How predictable.

Blackened Mahi for Marie and sauted Opah for me and nice draft Maui Brewing bikini blonde

530696d2e2ad6481ef8bfbf783f5da60.jpg9cd18ea4f8ecc056077076cac524344b.jpg

We ended up back in Lahaina a couple hours so I am relaxing under the banyan tree enjoying an iced coffee and some good music.

1c82ba649fd19e475a1265d458581da7.jpg

This banyan tree is amazing.

3f09545623704c051a07dfeddd991c4e.jpg

b746d9ce357b61b54f6f80939752c7db.jpg

59b42e3298872d2a86a3860a4fa2d3b9.jpg

6a93808ab01e317aa658f65e8d4c3fc9.jpg

4cfc2ce55e2028951bcf24b7a12e3a53.jpg

Thanks so much PCW for the review and photos. We are seriously considering this cruise, or the reverse from Vancouver but are a bit concerned about reviews suggesting that the Radiance class has plumbing issues and generally needs some basic repairs. Have you heard or encountered any of these issues during your cruise? We spent our honeymoon in Hawaii and haven't been back since; a cruise to celebrate our 30th would be great, but really don't want to deal with maintenance issues.

Thanks so much PCW for the review and photos. We are seriously considering this cruise, or the reverse from Vancouver but are a bit concerned about reviews suggesting that the Radiance class has plumbing issues and generally needs some basic repairs. Have you heard or encountered any of these issues during your cruise? We spent our honeymoon in Hawaii and haven't been back since; a cruise to celebrate our 30th would be great, but really don't want to deal with maintenance issues.

To be honest I have heard of those types of issues on all the classes of ships. As for Radiance class we have had four cruises on Jewel and now four on Radiance and have never had a problem.

Been off air for two days. Back on. Our adventures haven't a patch on PCW's. just tendered into town, bought a few trinkets and went for a walk to check out the chimney.

It's what's left of some type of mill. Maybe sugar?

Back on the ship, enjoying the pool and a Stella or two...

Today we began our two day stay in Lahaina Maui. We had tickets for tender boat #2 but actually left on the first boat.

34203199160_94e2fa91d6_b.jpg

34547944656_d836f8293e_b.jpg

It looked like it was raining in the hills

33779187523_5e0cc9b9ef_b.jpg

There was a few surfers out already

34427425992_5ed151522d_b.jpg

We immediately headed to the shuttles for the rental cars and got a pleasant surprise. This year they allowed passengers and well as drivers on the shuttles. The past two visits they only allowed drivers so we had used a cab for $20 instead.

Once we got the car we head across the island and went upcountry on Haleakala to make a stop at the Maui Winery. Clouds were still clinging to the upper parts of the mountain so we had a few drops of rain during our visit.

We ordered six bottles of their pineapple wines and alsojoined their wine club.

34427421382_9e5a55db3e_b.jpg

34589319155_49f5552dd4_b.jpg