Early Flight out of Seattle

SevenSeas1492

We just received notification from our airline that our return flight from Seattle to our home on the East Coast will now leave at 9:52 a.m. We will be arriving at Pier 91 from our cruise. The only other flights leave around 10:30 p.m. and later and get us home the next morning about 9:30. My question is, Is there any way we can make this flight??? We definitely would walk off that morning. If we cannot make this flight, we would book a hotel near the airport and fly out the next morning. We booked through Choice Air. Thanks! I am also posting this on the West Coast board.

We just received notification from our airline that our return flight from Seattle to our home on the East Coast will now leave at 9:52 a.m. We will be arriving at Pier 91 from our cruise. The only other flights leave around 10:30 p.m. and later and get us home the next morning about 9:30. My question is, Is there any way we can make this flight??? We definitely would walk off that morning. If we cannot make this flight, we would book a hotel near the airport and fly out the next morning. We booked through Choice Air. Thanks! I am also posting this on the West Coast board.

Having booked through Choice Air I'd call and tell them you can't make that flight and they need to find you another flight

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The early isn't even a faint hope. Airlines require passengers to be on board 10 min. At Seatac you'll need two hours to clear security . It can take over an hour just to get to the airport from the pier. Celebrity usually arrives mid week. Rush hour doesn't finish until 9PM .

Yikes....you could make it but that is just way too risky. Since you booked with Choice Air, they might be able to find you a flight on another airline. :

Last year, during the week, I was able to make it to the departure gate by 8:30 AM ... everything just worked out perfectly. Trouble is, our flight wasn't until 1:30 PM so it was a long boring wait but at least I wasn't stressed. A couple of months ago, we docked in Fort Lauderdale and barely made our flight and the airport is right there. There was some sort of trouble at the Port Everglades and we had to wait until nearly 9:30 to even have our number called to disembark. Our flight was at 11:00 AM. We'd have never made a 10 AM flight and we were one of the first groups off.

With that being said, the Port of Seattle is offering free luggage valet this cruise season. It might be fun to tour the city and fly back in the evening (that is, if you are one of the lucky ones that can sleep on a plane).

Either way ... once Choice Air sees that flight, they will probably cancel it and change it to something that fits within their guidelines (I believe the earliest recommended flight is at 11:45 ... and for good reason). They will probably not guarantee that they will get you onto a flight that early and whereas with a flight within their guidelines, the Celebrity insurance would cover this.

Seattle TSA is horrible. Don't risk it, security can take close to an hour (or over) even with TSA pre. Rent a car, or do some day tours. if your interested in how airplanes are made the Boeing plant is a great tour. Space needle and the exhibits around it are fun too. Enjoy the day and take a red eye or fly out the next morning with little stress.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the replies. Guess I will have to contact Choice Air, rather than taking a chance. If they put us on a flight that gets home the next morning, we will just stay overnight and fly out the next morning. This would be less stressful.

I echo the comments about TSA in SEA. Horrible, horrible, horrible. We decided to book a morning flight the day after our cruise to explore Seattle a bit post cruise. We arrived at the airport and when I saw the security line, I gasped. You couldn't see where it ended. It snaked around the counter area. Even though we arrived at the airport 2 hours early, we barely made it to our gate in time.

If you have a choice, definitely take a later flight or one the next day. Our post cruise stay in SEA was

very enjoyable and relaxing, and it was a great way to finish our vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did not have Choice Air & flew SW to ISP NY . Seattle Airport is not close to the port...

We took a cab at the pier & stayed over closer to the airport. Our hotel / motel shuttled us to & from a fabulous waterfront restaurant where we had fresh seafood, and also shuttled us to the airport the next day.

Extra day, extra costs but no stress, hurry or worry.

Called Choice Air today. The only flights they could put us on would leave very late at night and get us home around 10 a.m. the next day. We opted for an early flight the next morning, and I've already booked a room at Embassy Suites near the airport.

I'm going to agree with everyone that you shouldn't risk it, and looks like you've made the change (we do the redeye back from Seattle a couple of times a year; it's not that bad and you have all day at home).

The TSA comments really have me wondering how many CruiseCritic members are Global Entry or TSA Precheck? Global Entry is $100 for five years, includes TSA Pre, it looks like CBP is slowly rolling out Global Entry at cruise terminals, and even if you only make one domestic roundtrip flight per year, that works out to $10 per check-in and security check...

I do fly a lot, and travel internationally with some frequency. That $100 was some of the best money I ever spent!

I'm going to agree with everyone that you shouldn't risk it, and looks like you've made the change (we do the redeye back from Seattle a couple of times a year; it's not that bad and you have all day at home).

The TSA comments really have me wondering how many CruiseCritic members are Global Entry or TSA Precheck? Global Entry is $100 for five years, includes TSA Pre, it looks like CBP is slowly rolling out Global Entry at cruise terminals, and even if you only make one domestic roundtrip flight per year, that works out to $10 per check-in and security check...

I do fly a lot, and travel internationally with some frequency. That $100 was some of the best money I ever spent!

If you travel very often, check out the chase reserve credit card-- free lounge access at airports, and they cover the $100 for GE. THAT was the best money I've spent (for the fee)

If you travel very often, check out the chase reserve credit card-- free lounge access at airports, and they cover the $100 for GE. THAT was the best money I've spent (for the fee)

OK, I think United paid for mine for flying too much one year. The $100 I paid so my wife could go through Precheck with me was the best $100 I've ever spent! :D

Same here, and my platinum Amex actually covered the cost which was even better. Last fall I disembarked both Allure and Harmony at Port Everglades and while they don't actually have GE kiosks there (yet), those with GE who actually had their GE card with them (not needed when flying, but luckily I had mine anyway) were able to skip the very long line entirely and go right through customs. That, plus the GE benefits for going through immigration and customs at airports AND having TSA Precheck has made it well worth it, even if Amex hadn't paid for it.

Called Choice Air today. The only flights they could put us on would leave very late at night and get us home around 10 a.m. the next day. We opted for an early flight the next morning, and I've already booked a room at Embassy Suites near the airport.

Wonderful!!!!! :cool: