New to royal

Hello,

I am new to Royal Caribbean I am a Carnival girl, but I booked a Royal Caribbean cruise because I always wanted to try it. I am booked on Harmony of the Seas and I have so many questions. I booked a Central Park Balcony. I would like to get some feed back on how is those balconies and if people like to book them. It was a little cheaper than an ocean view balcony which is what we usually get??????

If you can swing the extra cost, I'd go for the ocean view balcony. There are many fewer places to see outside the ship on an Oasis class ship. The main advantage of the Central Park balcony is the lower cost, but it's hotter (less breeze) and you lose privacy.

Not exactly relevant to your question as we were in a Boardwalk balcony. We had no problems with it and it was pretty interesting but we just really missed our ocean view, so we will always go that way from now on. I would not have an issue if it was the only cabin available but as long as there is an ocean view we'll book that.

We were Carnival people too before our RC cruise this year. My wife said she'll never go back to carnival now after her taste of RC. Me, I'm easy. I'll go wherever on whatever but I will say RC seems just a little classier to me. But what do I really know, I'm a country boy from Fort Worth..

If your able to, get the Oceanview balcony, my daughter had the Central Park and wished she had the Oceanview, she never do the Central Park balcony again she said, I was in her room and I was glad I chosen the Oceanview balcony instead. It is warmer out on that balcony too!

Not exactly relevant to your question as we were in a Boardwalk balcony. We had no problems with it and it was pretty interesting but we just really missed our ocean view, so we will always go that way from now on. I would not have an issue if it was the only cabin available but as long as there is an ocean view we'll book that.

We were Carnival people too before our RC cruise this year. My wife said she'll never go back to carnival now after her taste of RC. Me, I'm easy. I'll go wherever on whatever but I will say RC seems just a little classier to me. But what do I really know, I'm a country boy from Fort Worth..

Yes we always get Ocean View Balconies and Carnival does not offer anything like this for they do not have inside atrium cabins, so I thought it would be different. We love ocean view balconies... I guess we will keep it and give it a try it always nice I guess to try new things??????

If your able to, get the Oceanview balcony, my daughter had the Central Park and wished she had the Oceanview, she never do the Central Park balcony again she said, I was in her room and I was glad I chosen the Oceanview balcony instead. It is warmer out on that balcony too!

Hmmm are you saying that because no air from the openness on a ocean view balcony. We are traveling in December so Im thinking the weather is warm on December Cruises..... Now I'm really questioning what to do. We may be able to switch later on to an Ocean View but we also did it for the cost it was a little cheaper than the Ocean view

Hmmm are you saying that because no air from the openness on a ocean view balcony. ...

Correct, there is much less airflow in the Central park area.

I had read about the heat on the balcony of these neighborhood balconies before we went. For us, unless the sun was blasting down on the balcony is was perfectly comfortable. Now of course there was not really any breeze but it was just fine. Air was not dead or overly humid out there at all. I always have to put this at the end.. FOR US.

Maybe another variable is we went in February.

I had read about the heat on the balcony of these neighborhood balconies before we went. For us, unless the sun was blasting down on the balcony is was perfectly comfortable. Now of course there was not really any breeze but it was just fine. Air was not dead or overly humid out there at all. I always have to put this at the end.. FOR US.

Thank you I appreciate this. I definitely want to hear everyone's opinion. I think we will be fine, just missing seeing the ocean but if we want to see the water I think we can find a spot on the cruise to watch it??????

Thank you I appreciate this. I definitely want to hear everyone's opinion. I think we will be fine, just missing seeing the ocean but if we want to see the water I think we can find a spot on the cruise to watch it??????

Sure, the Solarium has nice views.

The central park view will be a new experience for you. Think of it as a condo overlooking/in the middle of a park. That's literally what it is. I think if you go in with the right perspective you will be fine.

I would keep an eye on the OV balcony prices. If they happen to drop to something ur willing to pay go for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

There is a nice spot with chairs just off the running track (just under the aqua show) aft of the ship as well. When we went in September, the weather was hot and humid everyday so a breeze was a plus.

We stayed in an inside cabin which is usually OK for us; however, if we do an Oasis class again, it will be in an ocean view balcony. On sea days, Central Park was quite noisy from the loud music on the pool deck -- other than inside our cabin, there weren't too many quiet spots.

Another thing to consider, if you want to get out and go right on the balcony many people will see you so you may want to watch what you have on....also, you pretty much can look into the room of the neighbor across from you and when dressing its wise to shut the curtains....these problems don't exist when you have an Oceanview balcony, you never see anybody but the sea.

Seems the majority of comments and posts on these "park view" balconies are negative. I'd instantly choose ocean view over that but then again we'll never sail on that class of ship, too large.

Seems the majority of comments and posts on these "park view" balconies are negative. I'd instantly choose ocean view over that but then again we'll never sail on that class of ship, too large.

Well I usually sail on Carnival and I have had Balconies before Carnival do no do Atrium Cabins so I just trying it to see. I love to people watch so it may not be as bad.....

We did Boardwalk balcony on Oasis. My suggestion would be to book as high a deck as possible thus avoiding noise and having better air flow. We were on deck 12 port in the very last cabin. I would without a doubt book oceanview balcony if I choose to cruise Oasis class again. There really isn't that much of a difference in price. Maybe a one time experience will work for you, but don't let it be a negative view of Royal. Enjoy all of the great activities on the ship and have a wonderful cruise.

The central park view will be a new experience for you. Think of it as a condo overlooking/in the middle of a park. That's literally what it is. I think if you go in with the right perspective you will be fine.

I would keep an eye on the OV balcony prices. If they happen to drop to something ur willing to pay go for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Thank you I appreciate your opinion... Its what you make out of it and were easy to please... I will keep watching the prices but I think we are going to keep it. We got a lot of positives regarding it......

I like the Central Park balconies that are right where you can see the band play. Deck 14 middle. Sit on the balcony and enjoy the reggae band. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you I am excited we are on Deck 12....

I have not had one before, but do have a boardwalk balcony (farthest back overlooking the aqua theater) for spring break next year. While I am sure an OVB would be better, I just could not justify 2k more (the minimal difference) plus paying for pop packages, plus the johnny rockets meals. I am sure some times there is little difference, but that is a large jump imo. I guess we will see what we think.

There is a nice spot with chairs just off the running track (just under the aqua show) aft of the ship as well. When we went in September, the weather was hot and humid everyday so a breeze was a plus.

We stayed in an inside cabin which is usually OK for us; however, if we do an Oasis class again, it will be in an ocean view balcony. On sea days, Central Park was quite noisy from the loud music on the pool deck -- other than inside our cabin, there weren't too many quiet spots.

Ok Thank you.. Where is the pool deck located.. We are on Deck 12...

We're going in December....

I like the Central Park balconies that are right where you can see the band play. Deck 14 middle. Sit on the balcony and enjoy the reggae band. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you... I'm excited....