Is there still free hot chocolate with coffee card?

montgomeryfamily

In the past, the coffee card gave free (without a punch) brewed coffee, certain teas, and hot chocolate. This was in effect when we cruised last fall. However, the recent photos which have been posted of the coffee bar show free brewed coffee and certain teas, but don't say anything about the hot chocolate. Can anyone who has been on a cruise in the last three or four months confirm that the hot chocolate is still free with the coffee card? (no punch required)

Notice the language on the sign doesn't include any mention of hot chocolate being included in the free beverages with the coffee card. Is this just an omission? Last fall on our Princess cruise hot chocolate was included.

Does anyone have any recent experience from 3 months ago or sooner of getting hot chocolate with the coffee card with no punch?

23916400625_6471e901ab_z.jpg

Notice the language on the sign doesn't include any mention of hot chocolate being included in the free beverages with the coffee card.

I don't know if the wording ever included Hot Chocolate. Here is an old-ish promotional flyer and a copy of an older generation coffee card. Both mention coffee and tea and neither mentions hot chocolate. So I don't see that there has been any change in the way the written material is being presented.

enhance

s-l225.jpg

So the wording of the printed marketing material changes and its precision is often lacking. I don't think that there has been any change in policy. But that doesn't mean that there aren't inconsistencies from crew member to crew member depending on how they are trained and what they were told and by whom.

Not trying to hijack, but has anyone run into the IC punching your card for dark brewed coffee? DH bought a card for our recent TA on the Crown and got free regular brewed coffee as usual, but they also had a pot of dark roast brewed coffee. Just regular coffee, not specialty or espresso,etc. But they insisted on punching the card for that. Being a dark roast fan, he preferred it but didn't want to use up all our punches on it......

Just wondered if this was fleet wide or an anomaly on the Crown.

Not trying to hijack, but has anyone run into the IC punching your card for dark brewed coffee? DH bought a card for our recent TA on the Crown and got free regular brewed coffee as usual, but they also had a pot of dark roast brewed coffee. Just regular coffee, not specialty or espresso,etc. But they insisted on punching the card for that. Being a dark roast fan, he preferred it but didn't want to use up all our punches on it......

Just wondered if this was fleet wide or an anomaly on the Crown.

Sounds to me like a bozo working at IC. Personally I avoid the dark roast coffee as the darker the roast the lower the caffeine content. ;p

Thanks to everyone who responded with their recent experiences. It sounds like hot chocolate is still included with the coffee card.

While the promotional flyers never mentioned it, when the coffee card first was introduced and even for several years after that, the more detailed paperwork that the staff selling the coffee cards and other beverage pkgs had did state that hot chocolate was included with the coffee card. But I haven't purchased a coffee card in a few years now, trading in the minibar for the coffee cards. So I was concerned when I saw the new promotional signs and I appreciate the CC members response.

• 9 months later...
Thanks to everyone who responded with their recent experiences. It sounds like hot chocolate is still included with the coffee card.

While the promotional flyers never mentioned it, when the coffee card first was introduced and even for several years after that, the more detailed paperwork that the staff selling the coffee cards and other beverage pkgs had did state that hot chocolate was included with the coffee card. But I haven't purchased a coffee card in a few years now, trading in the minibar for the coffee cards. So I was concerned when I saw the new promotional signs and I appreciate the CC members response.

I was on Royal in mid Dec. Got Hot Choc with no punch in HC but not same as past. Tasted just like the packaged HC you can make yourself with water. Nasty! I had to ask them for whip cream.