Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao ABC Islands off the beaten path

dan0377

Hello Everyone,

Going to visit the ABC Islands in November, and the 4 of us 50 year olds are looking for things to do off the beaten path.

Dan

NCL Norway 07/81

Carnival Tropical 09/83

(3 kids thru college back to cruising}

RCCL Grandeur 12/03

RCCL Jewel 01/06

NCL Pride of America 11/06

NCL Sun 01/08

NCL Star 02/09

NCL Jewel 01/10

NCL Gem 01/11

NCL Epic 01/12

NCL Epic 03/12

NCL Pearl 01/13

NCL Epic 02/14

NCL Jewel 07/14

NCL Gem 10/15

RCCL Radiance 10/16

NCL Escape 11/16

NCL Jewel 04/17

NCL Sun 11/17 6 months to go!

If you enjoy snorkeling, the snorkeling in Bonaire is FANTASTIC. I highly recommend Woodwind, but if they're full I'm sure someone else can recommend another group to go out with. People also say the snorkeling in Curacao is good, but I haven't been yet so I can't say for sure. When we went snorkeling in Aruba the visibility was awful, so I'm reserving judgement until we can try it again.

Not sure how off beaten path it is, but on Blue Bay in Curaçao there is a great snorkeling right off the beach...which is itself not so bad.

I'd have to double check, but Aruba is only like 6 miles by 8 miles. The tourist side is very busy and developed. The other sides not very much and quiet.

The other side has some ocean currents that make swimming there a concern.

Wish that NCL had more itineraries that included the "ABC's" instead of too many cruises that include either Tortola, St Marteen or St Thomas...Love to see NCL come up with an imaginative Southern Caribbean cruise that included...

Have a nice day,

Rob

We booked resort for a day in Curacao. The Santa Barbara Beach Resort is beautiful.

Included roundtrip transport, drinks and lunch. Price was $117.00.

Pool and beach were fantastic. Food and drink super.

As to Aruba, we spent five nights there. Highly recommend renting a jeep to tour the island. Easy driving, lots to see. "Baby Beach" is a great spot. The "other" side of the island is fascinating. Like driving through the desert.

Unfortunately, one of the main attraction, the natural bridge, collapsed a few years ago.

Wish that NCL had more itineraries that included the "ABC's" instead of too many cruises that include either Tortola, St Marteen or St Thomas...Love to see NCL come up with an imaginative Southern Caribbean cruise that included...

Have a nice day,

Rob

Unless the embarkation port is San Juan, itineraries need to be 8-10 days from Miami in order to go to the ABC's.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We took the ship excursion to the Plaza on Bonaire.

The floating dock they put out for people to walk on to get

into the water to snorkel is not that great unless it is a calm day and you

have good balance.

They look awesome......will be in Aruba on the Horizon in Feb of 2019. Will be doing this excursion. How many were in your group?

They have a total of six trikes available for guests. A driver and one-or-two riders per vehicle. Solid pre-trip instruction, humorous & informative guides>>>I felt very safe operating the trike (I'm not a motorcycle guy).

LOTS of envious attention from people as our small caravan rolled through town and Island.

Try a relaxing sunset cruise on the Black Pearl. A little snorkeling, a little food, a drink or three, on a small, cozy boat with a great crew. If you reserve online, you can save a few $$.

http://www.aruba-sailing.com/blue-melody-and-black-pearl.php

A sunset Cruise is kind of difficult to go on when your cruise ship disembarks at 400 or 500. It's a whole different thing if you're staying on the island though.

They have a total of six trikes available for guests. A driver and one-or-two riders per vehicle. Solid pre-trip instruction, humorous & informative guides>>>I felt very safe operating the trike (I'm not a motorcycle guy).

LOTS of envious attention from people as our small caravan rolled through town and Island.

How far in advance did you make your reservation? We'll be there on 2/14/19.

Unless the embarkation port is San Juan, itineraries need to be 8-10 days from Miami in order to go to the ABC's.

LOL and that would be a problem 8 days?😂😂

I too would love to see NCL do that in the spring. Had to book Carnival Vista to do a May cruise and go to Aruba, curaçao, Grand Turk, and D.R.