Room Service Service Charge

Just boarded the Liberty of the Seas . I am shocked and angry to learn that Royal Caribbean is now charging $7.95 for standard room service 24 hours/day! The only exemption is continental breakfast. Another Cut Back! Slowly but surely RCI is eliminating services one by one that made cruising special! I hope other cruise lines for not follow suit! This is my 40th cruise!

In addition we experienced the worst embarkation in Galveston. They did not board by groups. It was a free for all to the doors leading to the ship, followed by a long wait in a crowded corridor to get to the ship.

Just boarded the Liberty of the Seas . I am shocked and angry to learn that Royal Caribbean is now charging $7.95 for standard room service 24 hours/day! The only exemption is continental breakfast. Another Cut Back! Slowly but surely RCI is eliminating services one by one that made cruising special! I hope other cruise lines for not follow suit! This is my 40th cruise!

In addition we experienced the worst embarkation in Galveston. They did not board by groups. It was a free for all to the doors leading to the ship, followed by a long wait in a crowded corridor to get to the ship.

Room service charges fully covered here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2470926

I do not want to break the news of the room service fee to my husband. It was one of his favorite activities on the ship. Scrolling on the tv and picking food and our excursions.

To me, I would look at it as an automatic tip. Pretty large tip though($40.00 meal tip). I guess it keeps people from ordering just a chocolate chip cookie. Nothing is stopping people from ordering the whole menu though.

I am disappointed with RCI changing to charging for the hot breakfast option from the hangup menus too.

It was nice to occasionally have this option especially when having an early excursion.....I was never one to just order coffee or a single item.

Embarkation on Liberty on 4/30 was not good, they sent out a e-mail after we got there not to arrive till 2:30, they did credit every one 20 dollars for the hassle , suite and pinnacle starting getting on ship at 2pm, waiting room was packed, they gave away water and chips , would have liked to have seen a bar .

This has been discussed at length for two months. If you read CC, at least you wouldn't be surprised.

The delay for embark today was a computer outage. Have friends there. Hope you choose to embrace what's good the next week. Liberty is a great ship.

I am disappointed with RCI changing to charging for the hot breakfast option from the hangup menus too.

It was nice to occasionally have this option especially when having an early excursion.....I was never one to just order coffee or a single item.

We get the room service breakfast every morning and TBH the fried eggs chicken and pork sausages and better bacon make the charge worth it.

The cheese and ham omelette looked nice from the outside but the inside was white with no ham inside.

Embarkation on Liberty on 4/30 was not good, they sent out a e-mail after we got there not to arrive till 2:30, they did credit every one 20 dollars for the hassle , suite and pinnacle starting getting on ship at 2pm, waiting room was packed, they gave away water and chips , would have liked to have seen a bar .

Personally, I thought they handled the delayed boarding on 4/30 quite well, considering it was completely out of their control.

As for the OP remark about boarding not going in any order and being a "free-for-all", that doesn't make any sense, since they always board by C&A level.

As for the OP remark about boarding not going in any order and being a "free-for-all", that doesn't make any sense, since they always board by C&A level.

unless they didn't. Have to careful with absolutes -there seems to be someone with an example of an exception in most threads.

This has been discussed at length for two months. If you read CC, at least you wouldn't be surprised.

The delay for embark today was a computer outage. Have friends there. Hope you choose to embrace what's good the next week. Liberty is a great ship.

A computer glitch is no excuse at all for calling all passengers at once to board the ship.

Guests should have been called in an organized manner group by group. That is common sense. Even after they began this chaotic embarkation they could have requested all guests who were not behind the closed doors in the crowded hallway leading to the ship to return to their designated areas to wait for their group to be called. At least the guests would have been seated comfortably. Instead there was a rush to the doorways and guests remained standing until they entered the crowded, stuffy hallway where they continued to stand for a long time. Crowd management has NOTHING to do with a computer glitch.

And charging for room service is just another cut-back.

I hope that Celebrity, Princess and HAL do not follow suit.

Personally, I thought they handled the delayed boarding on 4/30 quite well, considering it was completely out of their control.

NOT on May, 14!

On May 14, after the first RCI shuttle from Hobby airport checked in around 11:30 they did NOT board bynC&A level. We sat in our designated area until we heard the announcement that they would be boarding from two doors.

Next they said that boarding was beginning. We remained seated waiting for the announcement to board for Suite guests, Crown and Anchor by loyalty level. It never came. Instead, as I mentioned everyone rushed to the two doors at once. This was worst embarkation in 40 cruises on 6 different cruise lines!

We remained seated waiting for the announcement to board for Suite guests, Crown and Anchor by loyalty level. It never came. Instead, as I mentioned everyone rushed to the two doors at once. This was worst embarkation in 40 cruises on 6 different cruise lines!

Wow, that's terrible. It really surprises me that they would do something like that. A computer glitch should not prevent them from boarding in their usual, organized fashion. Sorry that was so chaotic for you and your fellow passengers.

Then again, even when they DO try to do things in an organized fashion, that doesn't mean the passengers adhere to directions, either. When we disembarked on May 7, they asked people NOT to descend to the lower decks until their assigned times, per the directions handed out on the last evening. Guess what - practically EVERYONE decided to descend to the lower decks at first call ...... morons.

We get the room service breakfast every morning and TBH the fried eggs chicken and pork sausages and better bacon make the charge worth it.

The cheese and ham omelette looked nice from the outside but the inside was white with no ham inside.

Maybe "worth it" to you but my point was just another complimentary dining option that we have long had on RCI now gone :(

I thought it was per delivery, except for the continental bkfst. I agree - seems a little steep when one of the delights of sailing is enjoying a leisurely bkfst on your balcony. Oh well....

It is per order. Only continental breakfast is complimentary.

Please write to their guest relations department. We cruisers reversed RCI plans to implement dynamic dining fleet wide. Maybe we can have them reverse this 7.95/order charge for room service.

Very OLD news! Don't use the room service menu, so could care less....K.O.

Please write to their guest relations department. We cruisers reversed RCI plans to implement dynamic dining fleet wide. Maybe we can have them reverse this 7.95/order charge for room service.

So you're the one that caused the demise of DD. Shame on you.;p

email address for that please.