When are cabins ready

been four years since saile RC can't remember what time cabin will be ready . On NCL they were strict on the 1pm time . Just want to drop off carry on. So we can explore the ship .

Most ships around 1pm. Adventure out of San Juan was 1:30pm or 2pm at times. If you mention the ship, some here might be able to report recent experience.

New to Royal Caribbean (not to cruising though): are full suite cabins available any earlier than 1pm or is carry-on drop-off allowed in a full suite...I'm hoping maybe one of those 2 choices is a 'perk' for a suite!

Ship is LOS.

OP: Thanks for allowing me to interject a question into this thread...not trying to highjack, but figured it's similar info needed and may also help others looking at your original query!

The hallway door is closed but not lock. When I went in at 12.30 pm the staff said rooms will only be ready at 1.00 pm. I said I just want to leave my bag outside the room but when I look in the room it was ready already.

The hallway door is closed but not lock. When I went in at 12.30 pm the staff said rooms will only be ready at 1.00 pm. I said I just want to leave my bag outside the room but when I look in the room it was ready already.

Can you imagine the interruption of the staff doing their prep work if all the passengers did that? :rolleyes:

Obviously some of the rooms are going to be finished before others, they can't complete them all at the same time. The staff asks that passengers stay out of the hallways (and out of their way) until all cabins have been finished.

New to Royal Caribbean (not to cruising though): are full suite cabins available any earlier than 1pm or is carry-on drop-off allowed in a full suite...I'm hoping maybe one of those 2 choices is a 'perk' for a suite!

Ship is LOS.

OP: Thanks for allowing me to interject a question into this thread...not trying to highjack, but figured it's similar info needed and may also help others looking at your original query!

With Suites you have access to the Concierge lounge and can leave carryons there. Or just chill out in the lounge like you are meant to :) Suites in my experience don't open up any earlier than other cabins, though the last few times I've been in one on RCI checked bags did arrive sooner than regular cabins.

Yes the staff was not too happy and I don't think I would do it again.

Was this your first RCI cruise? Didn't you notice the corridor door was closed...couldn't that have been for a reason? Not a good way to start off with the staff...glad you learned not to do that next time ;)

Was this your first RCI cruise? Didn't you notice the corridor door was closed...couldn't that have been for a reason? Not a good way to start off with the staff...glad you learned not to do that next time ;)

No not my first time. But since I just carry a sling bag there is really no reason to put it outside the room. If I have a heavy trolley bag then it would be cumbersome to move around with it.

No not my first time. But since I just carry a sling bag there is really no reason to put it outside the room. If I have a heavy trolley bag then it would be cumbersome to move around with it.

And the reason it's best to checkin your luggage before boarding...or don't board until you know the cabins are open ;)

Love sailing from Singapore and so disappointed that RCI has delayed again opening the bookings until next month.

Cabins where said to be ready at 2pm on the Adventure last week. But they were open at 1:45 when we walked by

It always varies ... but safe to assume between 1:00-2:00pm usually regardless of ship we've found and many times they open even before the announcement is made ;)

Why hell at the poster? He was just trying to drop a bag off!

I'm very aware of what the poster was trying to do :rolleyes:....The corridor doors are shut for a reason and they'll be opened when the cabins and hallways are ready and the staff and all their equipment is out the the way...Don't you understand why they prefer to not have passengers roaming around "just dropping off their bags"...apparently not :eek:

And the reason it's best to checkin your luggage before boarding...or don't board until you know the cabins are open ;)

Love sailing from Singapore and so disappointed that RCI has delayed again opening the bookings until next month.

The downside here is the luggage sometimes take hours before it is delivered and I and some others like to change into something casual and comfortable when I am on the ship. Waiting until the cabins are open means there getting into a crowd crush for lunch.

What booking delay are you talking about. I was on the Voyager last week and spoke to the booking officer at length. That is if the moderator can let us go off topic here.

Thank you ixian! Yes, knew suite lounge was an option & we'll go there for a bit; traveling with 4 others & thought if DH & I could drop our carry one, then could help others with theirs as we waited for their cabins to open. But we've already planned ahead & have small rolling cases so all will be well!<br>

<br>

We're just used to cabin open as soon as boarding begins or if not ready, always able to drop carry on stuff...will suite lounge have snacks & adult beverages available once boarding begins?? Realize that's not usual hours for concierge but hoping maybe embarkation day a little different! ;) :D

Edited by gotta cruise again

The downside here is the luggage sometimes take hours before it is delivered and I and some others like to change into something casual and comfortable when I am on the ship. Waiting until the cabins are open means there getting into a crowd crush for lunch.

Actually, the BEST time to head to the WJ for lunch is after the cabins open. That's when everyone heads out to their cabins. That's when we now prefer to board. In any event, I'm glad you realize how rude it is to bypass the closed doors and attempt to access your cabin before they are all cleared.

Unless you have a CLS then it's going to be around 1:00 PM before they open the fire doors to the hallways. My brother had a CLS and was able to walk right in at 11:00 AM. We had an OS and couldn't get in until 1:00 as they were in the same hallway with everybody else.

Actually, the BEST time to head to the WJ for lunch is after the cabins open. That's when everyone heads out to their cabins. That's when we now prefer to board. In any event, I'm glad you realize how rude it is to bypass the closed doors and attempt to access your cabin before they are all cleared.

Could you specify what time you board the ship. Most people would like to eat at about 1.00 pm or earlier. If you board and eat much later than this then you would not have a problem.