Fort Lauderdale Port Area

We decided to fly in a day early for our cruise. We are going to stay at a hotel in the area. My question is, are there restaurants and bars in walking distance. We will probably Uber or Lyft to get to some places but we enjoy a nice stroll and hope that it will be fun stuff for us to do for the evening and night.

There are a lot of hotels on 17th Street and many of them are close to the Harbor Shops which has restaurants, a Publix grocery store (if you forgot anything), a Total Wine if you are allowed to take wine onto the ship and some shops.

There are also other restaurants on 17th Street.

There are a lot of hotels on 17th Street and many of them are close to the Harbor Shops which has restaurants, a Publix grocery store (if you forgot anything), a Total Wine if you are allowed to take wine onto the ship and some shops.

There are also other restaurants on 17th Street.

Thank you so much for the insight. I was hoping we would be close enough to enjoy the area.

As others have stated - 17th Street area is my favorite. Plenty of "last minute" shopping avbl, as well as eateries. If you're looking for a 5-Star establishment - then look elsewhere. Diners are good, friendly and easy to walk to. Close to the port, so not terribly expensive to get there. Some (but not many any) hotels offer shuttle service (most for a charge) - I would take a taxi.

Like others have said - look at the Florida boards for more info.

Good luck in your decision - have a great cruise.

I love Bistromezzaluna! I just walked across the Embassy Suites parking lot and I was there.

Roz

h,Ahh, yes, I ageree abou Bistro Mezzaluna. Delicious ! We never had a bad meal there ..