Loss of some Elite perks

Plant

+++1

We just got off the CB a couple of weeks ago, and when we boarded the cabin steward flat out lied to us, and said that laundry would take at least 3 days because there was more than a 1000 elites onboard (?????) I knew 100% that couldn't possibly be true, and sure enough on the last day when we received the "log of the cruise" it listed only 197 elite's

And yes, the laundry averaged 3-4 days, so something is definitely afoot with the elite laundry benefits ( Btw.. the laundry form only lists 2 options --- "Standard next service" & "Rush same day" --- Nowhere is there a 3-4 day return option :mad:)

Srpilo

He lied? :eek:

Maybe he just made a mistake.

I've never eaten or drank anything in Vines but I don't how sharing seating between the IC & Vines causes any problems. I hardly ever sit there to drink coffee except in the very early morning when there's no one around.

I absolutely agree that in the morning there is no problem and the use of Vines seating for IC customers when Vines is closed is a great idea. The issue is when Vines is open (early afternoon if I remember correctly) and passengers want to buy a glass of wine and can't find a seat. During our extensive :D research on our 31 day cruise (with about 1/3 of those days being sea days), the problem was especially evident in the late afternoon (folks returning from excursions stopping by the IC and Vines) and early evening (cocktail hour/pre-dinner drinks). Our research will continue in October - we have 25 days on the Royal with the AIBP and 7 days at sea!

I absolutely agree that in the morning there is no problem and the use of Vines seating for IC customers when Vines is closed is a great idea. The issue is when Vines is open (early afternoon if I remember correctly) and passengers want to buy a glass of wine and can't find a seat. During our extensive :D research on our 31 day cruise (with about 1/3 of those days being sea days), the problem was especially evident in the late afternoon (folks returning from excursions stopping by the IC and Vines) and early evening (cocktail hour/pre-dinner drinks). Our research will continue in October - we have 25 days on the Royal with the AIBP and 7 days at sea!

I don't believe the problem is as great on the Royal since there are many more seats dedicated for IC use.

It's good to see there are such noble folks out there who will dedicate their cruising time to research of this magnitude. Many thanks for your heroic efforts to gather data pertaining to this important issue. :cool:

It's good to see there are such noble folks out there who will dedicate their cruising time to research of this magnitude. Many thanks for your heroic efforts to gather data pertaining to this important issue. :cool:

It's a tough job but someone has to do it! :D

Why not pack what one can and wear it twice. No one would probably know and look at the saving of laundry to send out.

You're kidding, right? We pack efficiently enough to cruise up to 30 days at a time with only one carry-on each. The included laundry benefit is hard paid for AND btw I can't keep flipping my underwear daily for more than ten days.

There are some people who wouldn't think of it, especially when they have free laundry. ;)

It's a vacation. Is there something wrong with that ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't believe the problem is as great on the Royal since there are many more seats dedicated for IC use.

I love sitting in Vines pre-dinner and enjoying a nice glass of wine and the selection of complimentary nibbles they bring. I have never seen the seating at Vines on the Regal or Royal being taken up by those not patronizing Vines during business hours. I agree that there is more seating on these ships both in the Piazza, adjacent to the IC and lots of seating in the bar next to the IC.

It's a vacation. Is there something wrong with that ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Absolutely not. Send in 5 bags a day if you like.

Others do.

My prediction is that laundry will be limited sometime in the near future. ;)

I love sitting in Vines pre-dinner and enjoying a nice glass of wine and the selection of complimentary nibbles they bring. I have never seen the seating at Vines on the Regal or Royal being taken up by those not patronizing Vines during business hours. I agree that there is more seating on these ships both in the Piazza, adjacent to the IC and lots of seating in the bar next to the IC.

I doubt if they would chase anyone out if they were only drinking coffee & eating items from the IC unless there were people waiting to actually order something from Vines.

Our only complaint was that it was sometimes too crowded to find a seat since some folks staked out tables without ever ordering anything to drink.

Totally agree. I can't remember the name of the bar on the other side of the international cafe but one night around 6:00 we stopped for a drink. We found the only table was one by the window so i sat down. My husband was at the bar getting drinks for us and a woman came up and said " you need to leave and give me this table. My friend can't sit at the bar so I need this table." I told her my husband was getting us drinks and I was not moving so she stomped off. I watched her friend come with sandwiches for both of them and she had no issues getting on the stool. Most of the tables were full of people eating with no drinks and half the people at the bar didn't have drinks. I feel sorry for the bartenders. People who want a drink walk away and the poor bartenders are getting screwed out of business and tips.

We found the only table was one by the window so i sat down. My husband was at the bar getting drinks for us and a woman came up and said " you need to leave and give me this table. My friend can't sit at the bar so I need this table."

"You need to leave".....That's a good one. :D

I think I would have stayed longer just to annoy her.

I wonder if she would say the same thing in other venues? Princess theater? Horizon court?

• 7 months later...
No, I didn't expect an expansion of the laundry! I do understand the lack of the laundry perk. What I expected was that Elite passenger's would be given free laundry tokens to do their own laundry. In our 29 day's I did enough laundry to cost about $100.00 US. ($3.00 per load to wash and $3.00 per load to dry, plus buying laundry soap and dryer sheet's that I didn't plan on having to buy.)

Again, it's not a big problem, just aggravating when you expect the perks that are promised... .

I am just curious how you can go on a 29 day cruise and not have enough clothes for the 3 to 5 day turn around on free laundry?

Pay for next day service......Problem solved !

I have never ever understood why people actually do loads of laundry on trips....tokens would certainly not benefit me....

Prior to being Elite we paid for laundry....and I must say after having a few items ripped, others faded and a favorite dress go missing(I knew I should have hand washed it) I think twice before using the perk.

My favorite elite benefit is having afternoon tea delivered to the cabin....

We have been Elite for over ten years already, we are going on the Mexican Riviera Feb. 3 for a back to back to back and the only Elite benefit I am looking forward to is having hot fries instead of the cooler ones sitting in the basket. The mini bar and and free laundry and priority tendering don’t even come close to the fresh hot fries. Looking forward to my new Elite hot fries benefit, not to mention the extra butter in the Dining Room

We have been Elite for over ten years already, we are going on the Mexican Riviera Feb. 3 for a back to back to back and the only Elite benefit I am looking forward to is having hot fries instead of the cooler ones sitting in the basket. The mini bar and and free laundry and priority tendering don’t even come close to the fresh hot fries. Looking forward to my new Elite hot fries benefit, not to mention the extra butter in the Dining Room

:DYou really have the connections....

We have cruised for 30 days a few times. The only way I can pack for that many days is to pack for a week and recycle clothes. Who brings 30 outfits? We are elite and use the laundry but would do it ourself if necessary.

Karen

We were also notified that the priority debarkation at the port's wouldn't be available (not a problem for us as we get off late), but it must have messed up some people's non-cruise excursions.

AFAIK, there has never been priority disembarkation at ports, except tender ports, where Elites are allowed to board the next tender out. Is that what you're talking about?

We are going to be Elite after our New Years cruise. What exactly is in the Minibar setup? It wasn't clear in the Captains Circle info.

From Princess:

Elite Mini-Bar FAQ

Elite Mini-Bar Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following:

Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson

Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson

Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.

Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

From CC Posts:

The Mini Bar setup consists of two of each of the following:

Courvoisier VS

Beefeater Gin

Skyy Vodka

Dewar's Scotch Whisky

Dos Equis Beer

Coke

Sprite

Tonic Water

Perrier

Bottled Water

Any alcohol can be traded for any other alcohol or non-alcoholic beverage...

AFAIK, there has never been priority disembarkation at ports, except tender ports, where Elites are allowed to board the next tender out. Is that what you're talking about?

When there is a large number of elite on board, the priority tender benefit is not offered.

Sometimes they do have a special elite area in the room with the tender tickets so there is still some benefit. Sometimes the elite just are treated as the non-elite are.