Coastal Kitchen - Oasis/Allure

I know Coastal Kitchen is open for breakfast and dinner.

1. Is Coastal Kitchen open for lunch, as well?

2. If so, is Coastal Kitchen open on embarkation day?

3. Must you make reservations for dinner?

4. If so, can you make reservations prior to embarking like you can for specialty restaurants and shows?

Thanks for the information - appreciate it!

Coastal Kitchen is open for lunch too, and I believe that includes embarkation day.

Reservations are not required or taken for breakfast and lunch. Not sure if they are absolutely required for dinner, but the did encourage reservations for dinner.

I don't remember Coastal Kitchen being open for lunch and definitely not on embarkation day.

On our cruise, it was quite busy so best to make a reservation. It worked ok for us to wait until we got on board and had a chance to look at the menus.

1. Is Coastal Kitchen open for lunch, as well?

2. If so, is Coastal Kitchen open on embarkation day?

3. Must you make reservations for dinner?

4. If so, can you make reservations prior to embarking like you can for specialty restaurants and shows?

On our last cruise on Allure, they offered a buffet lunch in the Suite Lounge.

Based on Oasis last week

1. Is Coastal Kitchen open for lunch, as well? Yes

2. If so, is Coastal Kitchen open on embarkation day? Yes but the lunch menus was about 75% of what it was the other days

3. Must you make reservations for dinner? They do not take reservations for breakfast or lunch - last week they were full most nights for dinner and we saw walk ups turned away on two different nights

4. If so, can you make reservations prior to embarking like you can for specialty restaurants and shows? We could not; I made them when we boarded

Based on Oasis last week

2. If so, is Coastal Kitchen open on embarkation day? Yes but the lunch menus was about 75% of what it was the other days

3. Must you make reservations for dinner? They do not take reservations for breakfast or lunch - last week they were full most nights for dinner and we saw walk ups turned away on two different nights

4. If so, can you make reservations prior to embarking like you can for specialty restaurants and shows? We could not; I made them when we boarded

Was CK full for dinner for all times or just earlier?

CK definitely open for lunch on embarkation day! It was great! Btw the concierges, Dexter and Elene are simply amazing.....and this is coming from a Type A luxe traveller! I would cruise in a suite on the Allure just to have the pleasure of these super competent and most engaging individuals. :)

Was CK full for dinner for all times or just earlier?

Hi Sherri! Our CK 7 pm reservations on Oasis was never full, in fact about 1/4 full only.

Just off MJ....and though it is indeed a cute little ship....will stick to Oasis as our local PC ship for

now anyway, (still hoping we get a mid size ship back again).

Just too many things missing on MJ for us. CK is a great perk that will keep us coming back to her.

Hi Sherri! Our CK 7 pm reservations on Oasis was never full, in fact about 1/4 full only.

Just off MJ....and though it is indeed a cute little ship....will stick to Oasis as our local PC ship for

now anyway, (still hoping we get a mid size ship back again).

Just too many things missing on MJ for us. CK is a great perk that will keep us coming back to her.

I think the heavier times for dinner in the MDR and Specialty restaurants has been early seating time -- 5:30 PM/6:00 PM but I don't know if that will change for a Summer Cruise in CK. I'm going to get 8 PM the first day for the all 7 nights.

I can see how MJ did not wow you. We can't work up the enthusiasm to book her. I agree about their bringing back a mid-size ship -- any remaining Vision Class would be great. For awhile, last year when 2017-2018 itineraries were announced, RCI had RH doing the 3 and 4 nighters but they moved her to Tampa and kept MJ in the fleet.

Spent 3 wees on the Allure in April and answers reflect our experience.

2. If so, is Coastal Kitchen open on embarkation day? Yes

3. Must you make reservations for dinner? No. We are late eaters (8:00 or 8:30 ish) and never had a problem. At that time the CK was more than half empty and this was for all weeks with Easter/spring break being at this time. Bhunnie (CK manager on Allure) was great. We'd tell her about what time we'd appear the night before. Note: all of my meals were special ordered due to dietary restrictions.

4. If so, can you make reservations prior to embarking like you can for specialty restaurants and shows? Unsure, didn't do it.

Have a great cruise.

I think the heavier times for dinner in the MDR and Specialty restaurants has been early seating time -- 5:30 PM/6:00 PM but I don't know if that will change for a Summer Cruise in CK. I'm going to get 8 PM the first day for the all 7 nights.

I can see how MJ did not wow you. We can't work up the enthusiasm to book her. I agree about their bringing back a mid-size ship -- any remaining Vision Class would be great. For awhile, last year when 2017-2018 itineraries were announced, RCI had RH doing the 3 and 4 nighters but they moved her to Tampa and kept MJ in the fleet.

We had dinner at the Captains Table on MJ with John Denton the HD. He told us that Empress took all of the good

sail dates for Cuba, but MJ is still marked to start the Cuba runs. From what I understand...they will be from PC. So, that still gives me hope for a mid size ship as a third ship in port to do the 3/4 Bahamas runs. But that is just still hoping on my part. Would be great if we got Rhapsody...but...alas...she is for sale. :(

Read on FB that JS were not welcome in CK on the Harmony. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Wasn't the Harmony the first of the Oasis class to start charging $19 to eat at Sabors, shortly thereafter Oasis and Allure did the same. Wonder if that will happen with CK as well??

That may have been just for that sailing. That was the only report I've heard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So what was so special about last week's sailing? I know I will be looking forward to that promised benefit when we sail Oasis this fall?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I though Sabor was always a fee venue?

On Oasis and Allure, it started out as an a la carte venue, and two people could eat some snacks there for much less than $38.

On Oasis and Allure, it started out as an a la carte venue, and two people could eat some snacks there for much less than $38.

And sadly now those days are gone. Guess I can cross that off our list of places to go next time we are on the OA.