200,000 GRT World Class Rendering

cjknox

A couple other views. Sorry for the poor quality. She will have the split superstructure copied from the Oasis Class. Lately it seems MSC is emulating much of Royal Caribbean. The Royal Promenade, the innovative multi-level aft lounge, and now the split superstructure. Hey if you're going to copy something, might as well do it from something super successful. I just hope their versions feel as spacious as the Oasis Class.

34178299904_2f9bbef401_o.png

34211219933_3a5e963f2e_o.png

A couple other views. Sorry for the poor quality. She will have the split superstructure copied from the Oasis Class. Lately it seems MSC is emulating much of Royal Caribbean. The Royal Promenade, the innovative multi-level aft lounge, and now the split superstructure. Hey if you're going to copy something, might as well do it from something super successful. I just hope their versions feel as spacious as the Oasis Class.

I agree, it seems like MSC is poised to be the Italian equivalent of Royal Caribbean while Costa (obviously) is the Italian equivalent of Carnival.

I agree, it seems like MSC is poised to be the Italian equivalent of Royal Caribbean while Costa (obviously) is the Italian equivalent of Carnival.
For years, I've liked Royal Caribbean's ships and NCL's Haven the most. If MSC can combine RCCL with NCL while still keeping MSC's beauty and style (while beating the others in price)...I'm hooked.

MSC have gone backwards with this design from the Seaside class, very little outside space and it looks just like Meraviglia with a view wavy lines.

The back of the ship is Ugly compared to the Oasis class, Seaside is a massive leap forward in terms of design compared to this ugly ship.

you have to wonder how they went from this in the picture to that Ugly rendering!

ship%20of%20the%20future._zpsycdf9uya.jpg

I agree. I'll take the Royal Caribbean equivalent thank you very much!

MSC have gone backwards with this design from the Seaside class, very little outside space and it looks just like Meraviglia with a view wavy lines.

The back of the ship is Ugly compared to the Oasis class, Seaside is a massive leap forward in terms of design compared to this ugly ship.

I agree SEASIDE is the much more interesting design, and the far superior ship if you like outdoor deck space. It's enormous.

The main pool area on World Class looks small for a ship carrying 6000+ pax. Hopefully there are others. What makes the Oasis Class so successful is how the open decks are divided and spread out. Six pools to choose from, each with their own theme (Sports, main, beach, kids, Aqua, adult). It works really well.

From the looks of World Class, the split superstructure will only be in the aft area. On the Oasis Class it continues to midship and there are actually two different openings (Boardwalk aft and Central Park midship). The neighborhood concept works well and I see World Class will copy that from Royal Caribbean as well.

One major difference is lifeboat placement. On the Oasis Class they extend outward from the side the ship, basically hanging over the ocean. On World Class they are tucked into the hull, which provides more accessibility to ports around the world but takes up a great deal of space inside the hull.

In a first glance i can just imagine how hard will be to get one sunlounger. The middle pool looks tiny for 6000 pax. Seaside seems to have much more outside deck space, using a better concept. The "two blocks" in the aft are odd, they looks like a cargo ship, it doesn't match with the sleek and classy bow lines.

MSC doesn't seems worried about creating new things, they let this with RCCL and NCL, but they always add some "italian" style. But that's ok, you just copy what it is good, that's no problem for me :D

I think this looks fantastic. Nice to see differing ship designs. Once thing to note is that as this is an initial rendering, more features probably still have to be confirmed.

Congrats MSC. They really have come a long way.

The ship in that picture looks like an iron.

Sadly the world rendering looks like it has been drawn by an out of work car designer with a back end more commonly seen on a Container ship!