Pot of coffee from the International Cafe?

LSUGranny

We are on the Ruby Princess June 10 for the Alaska cruise. We're coffee drinkers and early risers. Can I go to the International Cafe and get a pot of coffee and two mugs for our cabin/balcony? That would be ideal!

We are on the Ruby Princess June 10 for the Alaska cruise. We're coffee drinkers and early risers. Can I go to the International Cafe and get a pot of coffee and two mugs for our cabin/balcony? That would be ideal!

Like a tea pot?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Room Service would be more ideal and free.

At the IC it's not free.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

If you really desire a lot of coffee how about bringing a couple of big thermal mugs and then you can take them back to your room. I have never seen anyone take away a pot of coffee from the IC. Not saying you couldn't, just haven't seen it done. I bring along a large Yeti, have it filled with coffee and have them add an espresso shot.

Plain coffee is free. Fancy drinks are not. Room service has pots and mugs. I like to order it and sit out on the balcony in the early morning.

Fresh brewed coffee from the coffee bar by the IC was NOT FREE on any Princess ship I have been on. Free syrup/concentrate coffee is available from room service or Horizon Court.

Fresh brewed coffee from the coffee bar by the IC was NOT FREE on any Princess ship I have been on. Free syrup/concentrate coffee is available from room service or Horizon Court.

That depends on your perspective. The fresh brewed coffee is free at the IC, IF you purchase a coffee card. So, since you have to have a coffee card, is it really free????

I think it depends on the ship. On the regal princess (and probably royal too), they have fresh brewed coffee in HC. The stuff they bring in room service tastes the same, so it's probably fresh brewed too. I drink Peet's major dickasons at home and it wasn't that, but still pretty good:)

On every ship I've been on over 20 years, there is a coffee shop with a free self serve area. There is a free self serve area in the buffet area. Plain self serve coffee is free/included.

On every ship I've been on over 20 years, there is a coffee shop with a free self serve area. There is a free self serve area in the buffet area. Plain self serve coffee is free/included.

Did you check out the title of the thread?

20 years ago there was no IC.

2 different places.

Free at the buffet.

Not free at the International Cafe.

Maybe not IC specifically, but there is always somewhere to get coffee on a ship without paying extra for it. And since I drink it black and am not picky as to brand, I don't need to spend extra on it. I DO spend money on premium water, however, and typically buy a water package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe not IC specifically, but there is always somewhere to get coffee on a ship without paying extra for it. And since I drink it black and am not picky as to brand, I don't need to spend extra on it. I DO spend money on premium water, however, and typically buy a water package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's pretty funny since the tap water in your cabin is likely more "pure" than what you are getting in the bottle. Most bottled water comes directly from a city water supply. "Oh waiter, I'd like a glass of that premium Fresno, CA water please!"

The fresh brewed coffee in IC tends to be head and shoulders above what is served free in other venues. Having said that, I have had some good cups of coffee in MDR. It depends on who made the stuff from syrup, how long it has been sitting around, etc.

That's pretty funny since the tap water in your cabin is likely more "pure" than what you are getting in the bottle. Most bottled water comes directly from a city water supply. "Oh waiter, I'd like a glass of that premium Fresno, CA water please!"

The fresh brewed coffee in IC tends to be head and shoulders above what is served free in other venues. Having said that, I have had some good cups of coffee in MDR. It depends on who made the stuff from syrup, how long it has been sitting around, etc.

Bottled water that comes from municipal supply is filtered. So it is as pure as ship water probably, likely more so.