Bringing food on ship

fozzy1975

i was going to order my husband some caramel popcorn drizzled with chocolate from cherry on top and have it delivered when we board, but it's $8.00 for 7oz. I can get triple the amount at home for 1/2 the price. Can I take an unopened bag for him

On the ship the day we board! I know there is tons of food on the ship, but sometimes he likes a quick nibble on something sweet and the sweets on the ship stink! EXCEPT for room service chocolate cake!

i was going to order my husband some caramel popcorn drizzled with chocolate from cherry on top and have it delivered when we board, but it's $8.00 for 7oz. I can get triple the amount at home for 1/2 the price. Can I take an unopened bag for him

On the ship the day we board! I know there is tons of food on the ship, but sometimes he likes a quick nibble on something sweet and the sweets on the ship stink! EXCEPT for room service chocolate cake!

Yes, you can take onboard manufactured, sealed food items

I can not even comment on this, it speaks for itself. There are sweets all over the ship, never ate one that stank

do you know where i can get potato chips or pretzels on the ship? the fun shops on board the ship charges like 5 bucks for a can of pringles. i can get 2/3 cans for the same price at home.

Yes you can.

If you want chips bring them with you from home. We brought Pringles in a can so they wouldn't get all smashed. The only chips we saw onboard in the fun shops were CRAZY high. We learned after our first cruise to bring snacks for late night munching as there isn't much except for pizza.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

do you know where i can get potato chips or pretzels on the ship? the fun shops on board the ship charges like 5 bucks for a can of pringles. i can get 2/3 cans for the same price at home.

Then you should bring them from

Home!!

You can bring packaged food onboard. I always bring on protein bars and individually packaged snacks for a. Midnight snack in the room if I don't want to wait for room service or b. To take in to port.

Always bring some candy onboard. We've even brought Mom back full meals when she didn't want to go out to dinner with us. Only issue has been Security wanting to know where theirs was. We know of crew that rents out a few kitchens, cooks and brings it back onboard.

Really started to bring something at embark when we were delayed for about 6 hours.

We have only brought on things like granola bars to eat while in port. We have never had a problem with that.

You can get pretzels and potato chips from room service, though we have never tried that. The only late night food we usually eat is ice cream cone.

We have purchased the individual bags of peanuts, cashews and almonds at Costco and brought those along in backpack while doing port excursions. If gone all day out on a boat it was a nice protein lift to get us through the day. Never had a problem bringing them on.

You can get chips for free with room service. They are PLAIN like Lays. Just order a sandwich off the free menu and tell them you would like an extra large side of chips. No problem...we do it all the time. We do also bring our own assortment of snacks on board too. Pringles, cashews, peanuts, candy, etc.

According to the Carnival website, you aren't allowed to bring on non-sealed foods. See below:

• Food Items must be pre-packaged and unopened; homemade items or pre-cooked foods will not be permitted onboard. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items.

I also believe bringing gum to be chewed onboard is discouraged as there really aren't receptacles to dispose of it properly. I have seen John Heald post about gum several times.

A group we met brought on their own ice cream cones, I thought that was genius.

At times we've brought ice cream toppings. We usually bring a can or two of A&W, Orange, and Black Cherry sodas for floats.