Live from The Radiance of the Seas 6/9/17-6/16/17

Announcing the Ms.Kk. The official name of vacation we are starting! My parents Mary and Stuart (Ms) and Kim and Kurt (Kk) are flying out of Michigan early Thursday to Alaska for a wonderful 7 day cruise to Vancouver. Please enjoy the trip with us as we will be sharing a lot of pictures and experiences while away. Questions are always welcome. As we will be starting the cruise on Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking forward to your review. As you get off the ship on 6/16, I'll be getting on. Wave to me lol, I will be a passenger with a big smile , until they make me leave on 6/23!;)

We have arrived in Anchorage, and stayed the night at Hotel Captain Cook, took a taxi for 20 dollars plus tip. Ate a very good meal in the hotel at Fletcher's. The bus picks us up to take us to Seward about 2:00 pm. We are using ACT Big bus. Our only issue is we are from EST time zone and started waking up about 2 am. We will have the ship to ourselves if this keeps happening. Lol

Breakfast in the cafe was also delicious! We had Ana as a waitress and she was fabulous! I had the crab omelette and highly recommend it. The hotel also has free wifi and it works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bus picked us up early and we are making our way to Seward. Currently picking up more guests at the airport. We like to fly in the day prior, one reason is we live in Michigan and we never know what the weather will be and 2 we like to explore a new city if we can. Anchorage was clean and everyone was friendly and helpful.

Looking forward to your review. As you get off the ship on 6/16, I'll be getting on. Wave to me lol, I will be a passenger with a big smile , until they make me leave on 6/23!;)

We'll wave to you as you get off on 6/23!

Bus picked us up early and we are making our way to Seward. Currently picking up more guests at the airport. We like to fly in the day prior, one reason is we live in Michigan and we never know what the weather will be and 2 we like to explore a new city if we can. Anchorage was clean and everyone was friendly and helpful.

Hi basballkurt, just got off well back on May 26th in Seward off the Radiance, had a great time, slipped & fell in the Windjammer, hurt my knee so take care in there. Will be waitin to see your posts an pictures. Took my photos in today will get them back in a day or two, if I can wait that long.:rolleyes: Had a great trip, beautiful weather in Ketchikan & Juneau. Cold, wet & windy in Sitka & Haines. Cloudy in Icy Strait & Skagway. Saw several times by the ship in Icy Strait, alot of humpback, in the middle of the day, also saw several eagles. Radiance was clean an sharp when we got on, am hopin to go again.

As w disconnect from tech when we cruise, I won't be able to follow while we're sailing with you but can't wait to read when we get off next week and relive it with you then

See you at the slot pull and M&M tomorrow

Erika

Hi basballkurt, just got off well back on May 26th in Seward off the Radiance, had a great time, slipped & fell in the Windjammer, hurt my knee so take care in there. Will be waitin to see your posts an pictures. Took my photos in today will get them back in a day or two, if I can wait that long.:rolleyes: Had a great trip, beautiful weather in Ketchikan & Juneau. Cold, wet & windy in Sitka & Haines. Cloudy in Icy Strait & Skagway. Saw several times by the ship in Icy Strait, alot of humpback, in the middle of the day, also saw several eagles. Radiance was clean an sharp when we got on, am hopin to go again.

Alas, gottagocruzn, no one else gets to go to Sitka or Haines on the Radiance. We had the 9 nighter, which got the ship on line for its 7 night schedule. ;)

Got off the Radiance this morning in Seward, following our NB Inside Passage cruise. Resting in Anchorage tonight before flying home tomorrow. Ship is generally in good shape. Sky Bar was not open during the entire cruise, and there is no more Rita's Cantina or Rita's Crab Shack -- it's now just basically an extended seating section of the Windjammer. Kids were allowed in the Solarium, which made the pool a bit crowded. My favorite area of the ship was the Colony Club, in the back of Deck 6 next to Schooner Bar. Only took two shore excursions -- Misty Fjord and Wilderness Explorer in Ketchikan, and White Pass & Yukon Route Railway in Skagway. Both excursions well worth it, as the scenery was spectacular. Rained first few days, and was told that most flightseeing tours of Misty Fjord were cancelled (we were on the catamaran excursion). Hubbard Glacier was magnificent, but it was shoulder to shoulder on the upper decks at the front of the ship. Still managed to get some excellent pictures. Ship's crew was friendly and helpful, and entertainment was very good. Bon voyage, and enjoy your cruise!