Royal Caribbean vs. Travel Agent -- Finger pointing.

We've seen posts here time and time again where someone logs in and find their cabin has been changed. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same situation and your TA knew nothing about it.

RCI could just be covering themselves by saying they made the call to your TA, whose info they have on file.

It's a he said, he said but I wouldn't assume RCI called because they have your TA's name. That name is right on their computer and easy to make up the story.

And there's the reason they are in business - making nice with customers comes after. As long as you understand and accept that, you won't have any further disappointments.

Biker, who in this case would have a chat with the TA and potentially sever ties if the outcome is not favorable.

I agree because RC would have spoken to them as they made the booking for you.

Hmmm...So you think RCI is in the business of upsetting (alienating) a paid in full customer just to appease the needs of someone else and then some one in the executive office lied about it....interesting assumption :rolleyes:

It's happened in the past, I'm surprised people are quick to blame the TA.

It's happened in the past, I'm surprised people are quick to blame the TA.

.....and it's usually the most uninformed ones who jumped to this conclusion.... stating "without a doubt"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was back in the fall of 2013, On a Princess cruise, I checked my booking and noticed a change in my cabin #. I called my TA ASAP who had just got off the phone with the cruise line rep and told her I was to be placed back in my cabin Now. It was done. My TA told me she got the call about the change which wasn't authorized because they needed my room, saying they were upgrading me to which she told the rep if they were going to upgrade me then move me to a suite and not a forward cabin. I rechecked my booking and I was back in my original cabin.

Thank you everyone for your insights.

The move was from a 3-bed stateroom to another 3-bed stateroom in the same category. The TA said RCI needed to move us so that they can accommodate another family that needed to be together. I'm all for helping another family out, just wished that the notice would have made its way to me earlier on during the change so I would have other room choices. The sailing is now completely sold out so I'm stuck with the new cabin assignment.

After talking to both RCI and the TA, I think RCI comes out a bit more credible on this one.

I think I would find out if the TA is working for the people put into your booked cabin.

A few cruises back we were bumped out of our paid in full, midship balcony cabin to one a deck lower at the back. We complained and eventually were told that RC had gone to upgrade us but then changed their mind. When they went to put us back in the original cabin they found it had been sold. We said, bump them out then. RC said they couldn't as they had already left their country to start the trip so couldn't be informed. Anyway, long story short, after a lot of complaining from us they put us ( just me and DH) in the Royal Family Suite. But , no, they shouldn't move you from the cabin you have chosen and paid for.

. Anyway, long story short, after a lot of complaining from us they put us ( just me and DH) in the Royal Family Suite. But , no, they shouldn't move you from the cabin you have chosen and paid for.

Please RCI move me any time you want if I end up in a family RS.

The finger-pointing between RCI and the TA continues.

RCI issued a $100 OBC as a goodwill gesture. Asked for chocolate covered strawberries for the stateroom and they said yes.

TA offered nothing, only repeated apologies.

I'm satisfied. However, if I had a choice, I would rather just have my original stateroom back!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Keep an eye out for any cabins that might open up in your category in a location that you might prefer. Check every day and even multiple times a day.

Glad you got a little something for the trouble. Have a wonderful cruise!

Out of curiosity, what stateroom number were you in originally? And which ship?

Glad you are satisfied mostly with the outcome. I think it's telling that Royal offered compensation.

I think the only thing "telling" is that RCI was concerned to keep you happy....your TA could have cared less...that is "telling" to me. They both should have offered a bit of something...regardless.

I think the only thing "telling" is that RCI was concerned to keep you happy....your TA could have cared less...that is "telling" to me. They both should have offered a bit of something...regardless.

I don't know...RCI makes a heck of a lot more money than a TA does. Seems like if they're offering something, perhaps they are the guilty party.

The finger-pointing between RCI and the TA continues.

RCI issued a $100 OBC as a goodwill gesture. Asked for chocolate covered strawberries for the stateroom and they said yes.

TA offered nothing, only repeated apologies.

I'm satisfied. However, if I had a choice, I would rather just have my original stateroom back!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

I apologized if I missed it, but did your TA admit to allowing them to change your cabin? I know in the beginning you were led to believe from your TA that they did not authorize any change. Did you tell them RC told you it was the TA who authorized the change?

I do hope you have an awesome cruise!

Seems like if they're offering something, perhaps they are the guilty party.

Of course they are guilty, for the cabin move and that is why they gave the OBC. However, the main issue here is with a TA that didn't tell the customer about the move.

Hmmm...So you think RCI is in the business of upsetting (alienating) a paid in full customer just to appease the needs of someone else and then some one in the executive office lied about it....interesting assumption :rolleyes:

So you think the TA is in the business of upsetting (alienating) a paid in full long time customer just to appease the needs of someone who isn't even a customer?

In my experience a large corporation is amoral and will say pretty much anything that helps it accomplish its raison d'etre, profit.

So you think the TA is in the business of upsetting (alienating) a paid in full long time customer just to appease the needs of someone who isn't even a customer?

In my experience a large corporation is amoral and will say pretty much anything that helps it accomplish its raison d'etre, profit.

EXACTLY! It would hurt the TA much more than Royal to screw a customer.

Sadly an issue that could easily have been avoided with better communication.

Agreed, but the TA says he/she wasn't aware of the change before the client called. That could very well be true. We may sit and monitor our individual bookings, but a TA doesn't have time to check every booking every day to watch for changes that shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Agreed, but the TA says he/she wasn't aware of the change before the client called. That could very well be true. We may sit and monitor our individual bookings, but a TA doesn't have time to check every booking every day to watch for changes that shouldn't be happening in the first place.

I agree thats why usually i check on my C&A cruise planner page on my phone internet usually once a week.