Classic Soda Package

Hi everyone.

Just a quick question. We are looking at getting the Classic Soda Package. I was just wondering if there is only one choice of flavour. ie. Coca Cola, or are ther different choices of flavours.

If it was just Coke, I think we would be fed up with it by the time our two week cruise finished.

(By the way, sailing from Southampton U.K.) Don't know if that makes any difference to what is offered.

Thanks

James

If you are on a ship with the Coke Freestyle machine, you will have a choice of over 100 flavors.

Otherwise, typical choices are Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water.

Thanks Bob. We are on the Independence of the Seas. Is the Coke Freestyle machine on all the ships, and to use them, do you need to buy a different package than the Classic Soda one?

Thanks

James

Thanks Bob. We are on the Independence of the Seas. Is the Coke Freestyle machine on all the ships, and to use them, do you need to buy a different package than the Classic Soda one?

Thanks

James

Unfortunately, no Coke Freestyle machine on Indy.

Thanks to you all for the answers. My wife has asked me to find out if soda water is complimentary on board, or do you need to purchase it. She is diabetic and drinks a lot of soda water.

If it isn't free, can we take some on board ship with us?

Thanks

James

Thanks to you all for the answers. My wife has asked me to find out if soda water is complimentary on board, or do you need to purchase it. She is diabetic and drinks a lot of soda water.

If it isn't free, can we take some on board ship with us?

Thanks

James

Nothing "fizzy" is free. If she drinks that much you might want to get a soda package. It is technically not allowed to bring it on but that is usually not enforced.

Thanks Geri. The cost of this cruise seems to keep going up and up with all the extras that have to be factored in. Drinks packages, Shore excursions. Not to mention gratuities at the bar. (we prepaid our gratuities, and assumed that would include the bars as well) (First time Cruisers) :)

James

Nothing "fizzy" is free. If she drinks that much you might want to get a soda package. It is technically not allowed to bring it on but that is usually not enforced.

Where would the soda water come from? Is it an option in the freestyle machines? Or would it be from bartenders? It's fizzy water.

The cost of this cruise seems to keep going up and up with all the extras that have to be factored in. Drinks packages, Shore excursions. Not to mention gratuities at the bar.

Welcome to cruising and this is just the beginning. The more you get to know RCI the more you will realised they will try to milk as much out of you.

Enjoy your cruise on Independence, the soda package is approx £8/day and that is quite a lot to pay just to have sparkling water. If she can cope with just water (no fizz) there will be plenty available and is free.

Club Soda is an option in the freestyle machines and it is also available on the gun at any bar.

Is Tonic water available in the freestyle machines too? My hubby drinks it and I wasn't sure if he will be able to get it or not with the soda package.

Is Tonic water available in the freestyle machines too? My hubby drinks it and I wasn't sure if he will be able to get it or not with the soda package.

I do not remember ever seeing it in a freestyle machine, but I always push the low cal options button. It might be under the sweetened beverages since tonic water has sugar added.

Tonic water is available on the bar gun, so he should be able to get it at a bar. I don't see why it wouldn't be included in the soda package, but I have never asked for it. I would check at a bar when you board the ship.

I do not remember ever seeing it in a freestyle machine, but I always push the low cal options button. It might be under the sweetened beverages since tonic water has sugar added.

Tonic water is available on the bar gun, so he should be able to get it at a bar. I don't see why it wouldn't be included in the soda package, but I have never asked for it. I would check at a bar when you board the ship.

I was thinking he could just get some at one of the bars if it wasn't in the freestyle. We will check once on board then. Thanks!

Just an FYI regarding the Soda package. I purchased for my 2 teens and they wound up not using it much because you had to carry around the large drink cup provided by RCL. they didn't like having to carry the large cup around all day.

Just an FYI regarding the Soda package. I purchased for my 2 teens and they wound up not using it much because you had to carry around the large drink cup provided by RCL. they didn't like having to carry the large cup around all day.

You can just go to the bar and get it from the gun in a glass when they want a soda. No need to take the cup. I got a collection of cups at home still in the cellophane as I'd rather get it in a glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Package" soda is "fountain soda"...whatever comes out of the "guns" at the bars.

That can vary by ship. On the Liberty out of Galveston, for example, the serve Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper from 2 liter bottles, which is included in the packages. I also observed, at more than one bar, people who complained that the taste of the fountain drinks was "off", being given cans of Coke, also at no extra charge.

But yes, as a general rule, it is only the fountain sodas.

Thanks for that information. I hadn't thought of carrying a cup around with us all day while we are on the ship.

We may decide to give it a miss.

Thanks

James

That can vary by ship. On the Liberty out of Galveston, for example, the serve Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper from 2 liter bottles, which is included in the packages. I also observed, at more than one bar, people who complained that the taste of the fountain drinks was "off", being given cans of Coke, also at no extra charge.

But yes, as a general rule, it is only the fountain sodas.

I believe Galveston is one of the only ports where they also bring Dr Pepper on board (since it's the state drink of TX, or so we'd have you believe ;p).

Thanks for that information. I hadn't thought of carrying a cup around with us all day while we are on the ship.

Thanks

James

Hi James - you don't need to carry the cup around (it is huge). Your room keycard is used for all purchases onboard. If you go for a drinks package, your card will have a sticker on it, and you just get this swiped when you order a drink from any bar. They will serve draft fizzy (coke, diet coke, sprite etc) from a gun into a glass. If they don't have what you want on draft (eg sprite zero), that is poured from a can into a glass. They don't give you the rest of the can to take away. If you don't take a drinks package, you can buy cans of fizzy for approx $3 + compulsory tip.

Hope this helps!

I believe Galveston is one of the only ports where they also bring Dr Pepper on board (since it's the state drink of TX, or so we'd have you believe ;p).

So I've heard, more than a few times. Lol

Works for us though, since Diet Dr is our soda of choice.

Thanks

James

You can get a soda in a glass from any bar.

If you want all the additional flavours that are in the Freestyle machine then you need the cup.