When should I see TA perks appear in my Princess Account?

Lyndihop

Yesterday I booked a Panama Canal cruise. It included many perks, i.e. free drink package, gratuities,tips and free access to specialty restaurants. But in reviewing my cruise on the Princess site, it only has the cruise info. Just curious when the perks might appear??

If the perks were given by Princess they show up right away. If the perks are given by the TA, they may not show up at all. Group OBC usually shows up, but the others are not actually given by the TA until you board. They don't show up as prepaid because if you cancel, the value of prepaid gifts are not returned to you.

Yesterday I booked a Panama Canal cruise. It included many perks, i.e. free drink package, gratuities,tips and free access to specialty restaurants. But in reviewing my cruise on the Princess site, it only has the cruise info. Just curious when the perks might appear??

The drink packages should show in your booking under onboard reservations.

Some perks do not show up in the personalizer.

I always ask for a printout from Princess/TA with the perks listed.

Free access to specialty restaurants?? Do you mean 1 free dinner?

- Group OBC will appear in your Personalizer.

- Gratuities paid for by the cruise line and not your TA should appear under the "Gratuities" tab in the Personalizer. It'll have the amount you can prepay, but then a "0" and no way for you to pay them if they're pre-paid as part of a Princess promo.

- Tips are the same as gratuities.

- OBC from the TA's commission will not appear online or on the Princess invoice. As MCC said, it'll be on a card in your cabin.

Also -

- Specialty dining should be on your Princess invoice (not the TA invoice) in addition to the drink package. If you don't have a PRINCESS invoice, ask your TA for a Passenger Copy.

The only TA freebies listed in my personalizer is a paltry $37.50 each listed as "Travel Agent Grp Promotion"

Of course that doesn't reflect the $900 he is knocking off of the Princess fare... :*

You should expect some paper gift cards on the desk in your cabin upon arrival, or soon after. I have found that OBC from TA promotions comes in several various denominations, not in 1 amount that you might be expecting. Generally TA promotion OBC is not reflected in the personalizer prior to the cruise, but occasionaly there is some $ amount in the personalizer that is your TA OBC (but it seems to be partial). They make it a bit hard to see at a glance, but if you add up the numbers it comes out to what your TA promotion is supposed to be. At least this has been my experience (AndIhave never not received all TA promotion OBC) YMMV.

Oh, and it is wise to bring along with you a print out of proof of your TA promotion OBC, just in case.

My TA said she can see the promotions on Princess. But I cannot.. she said it was under "gifts". however i see nada. My problem is, had their not been these perks, I would not have booked the cruise. And I'm dubious about waiting till final payment or onboard.

Here's another tip. Take print-out of everything from your T/A. If you have any problems with any credit you can show those documents to the front desk. Whatever the T/A has on there records that's your record of what your supposed to receive so you need a exact copy of what there records shows.

I'm on a Caribbean cruise in January, on the Caribbean Princess, & the pre-paid gratuities, show us as paid. Under "Optional Gratuity Pre Payment". It shows PAID. That saved us $189 each.

Keep us posted as to how things work out.

Tom😎

My TA said she can see the promotions on Princess. But I cannot.. she said it was under "gifts". however i see nada. My problem is, had their not been these perks, I would not have booked the cruise. And I'm dubious about waiting till final payment or onboard.

Just ask for it in writing (e-mail). That should cover you.

I received the same perks for booking last Thursday. You will be able to find them all on your cruise personalizer. The AIBP and Specialty Dining will be listed at the bottom of the Onboard Reservation tab. The TA Promo, Gratuities and if you used a FCC, will be listed on the Payment/Credit tab.

Thanks Tweedy. I'm not seeing the tabs you referred to?? I'm not familiar with Princess site.

You have to log into Princess. If you haven't already setup an account, you'll need to do this in order to see your reservation and everything that pertains to it. Once you are logged in, you will see your personalizer listing all your pending cruises. Click on "Manage this Booking" for the cruise you booked. You will then be taken to the home page/booking summary for that cruise. Now you will be able to see Guest Checkin, Excursion Reservation, Onboard Reservations, Specialty Dining Reservations, Travel Arrangements, Calendar & Planning, Payment & Credits. Once you get into your booking, you will be able to see all the perks you received by clicking on the sections at the top of the page.

Hope this helps! :)

I was able to see that the gratuities were posted. But not sure if I'm looking at the right place for the specialty restaurants. Plus no info on the beverage package. I must be an imbecile.

Click on the link as if you were going to purchase the AIBP. If you have it pre-paid then it will show there.

The drink packages should show in your booking under onboard reservations.

Some perks do not show up in the personalizer.

I always ask for a printout from Princess/TA with the perks listed.

Free access to specialty restaurants?? Do you mean 1 free dinner?

Gifts are never shown in the Personalizer. Logic is that sometimes gifts are a surprise to the recipient and Princess does not want to spoil any surprise.

Their software has no option to display gifts that are not a surprise.

I did find on the Princess site our credit for the speciality restaurant as well as the beverage package. But having issues trying to find the credit for the gratuities. It lists the $$ for them, but no credits.

I did find on the Princess site our credit for the speciality restaurant as well as the beverage package. But having issues trying to find the credit for the gratuities. It lists the $$ for them, but no credits.

The gratuities won't show as a credit. Open up the payment & credits section of your reservation. You will see a section called 'optional gratuity pre-payment' and click where it says 'select'. Next to the passengers names it should say paid and where it says 'amount to pay now' should read $0.