BTB vs one longer cruise

CRUISERMOMX3

I would recommend doing one longer cruise if possible.

Main reason, I dont want to be woken up with all the announcements on the turn over day. I would rather just have 14 days of normal cruising and only be bothered in the morning on the last morning.

That being said, if you cant find one that you like that is longer, then B2B might be your only option.

What I like about the B2B is having the whole ship to yourself for a few hours. It wasn't an inconvenience at all to get off and back on the ship. We were walked off they rechecked our passports and we were right back on. Being treated like royalty was nice too. You get a photo with any of the other B2B guest (in our case we were it) and guest services, a complimentary mimosa and a bottle of wine and a fruit basket in your room. I think everyone should try it at least once. That said, a longer cruise if it's cheaper has it's appeal too. Also if the B2B is going to the same places than the longer cruise might be more appealing.

My deciding factors would be the timing and ports to be visited. The first reason is obvious, are there at least 2 or more choices for the the time I wish to travel. If the B2B is visiting the same ports on the first voyage as the second voyage, I would be bored on the second half of the vacation as it would most likely be an exact carbon copy of activities and choices as the first half. As long as the B2B has a different itinerary for each portion to me it would not be much different than the 1 longer voyage.

I've done both, and if really forced to distinguish between the two, I would pick the longer cruise. There'll be an extra day or two cruising over returning to the home port.

There's nothing wrong with a home port turnaround, but compared to a regular 7 day cruise, it is fantastic. This question is like choosing between a lottery check written out for you or having the lottery winnings electronically deposited.

I'll take either or both!

If you're a Shareholder you'll get $250OBC for cruises 14 days or more, only $200 for the B2B ($100/7 day cruise)

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

On a B2B, everything will be repeated, except maybe, the comedians. Shows and menus do repeat.

On a longer cruise you'll have almost no repeats. Each night you'll have a different MDR menu, only seen the Peruvian and Indian lunch buffets on the longer cruises (both very good). Depending on how many seadays, you could have breakfast/lunch instead of brunch. Lunch menu changes each time.

Longer cruises are usually Journeys cruises. These have special events not going n the weekly cruises.

What I like about the B2B is having the whole ship to yourself for a few hours.

NOT on all of them. Last year on the Breeze, we were 12 B2Bers. The wedding parties almost passed us on the gangway.

It wasn't an inconvenience at all to get off and back on the ship. We were walked off they rechecked our passports and we were right back on. Being treated like royalty was nice too. You get a photo with any of the other B2B guest (in our case we were it) and guest services, a complimentary mimosa and a bottle of wine and a fruit basket in your room. I think everyone should try it at least once. That said, a longer cruise if it's cheaper has it's appeal too. Also if the B2B is going to the same places than the longer cruise might be more appealing.

I have to agree with everything else you posted. We did ours because one was planned and then the second was an Ultra. I couldn't pass that invitation. Only one port was a repeat. I got to see shows and try food I missed the first week.

We've done one long cruise (12 days) and one b2b (8 day and 6 day). I definitely prefer the long cruise. On the b2b, everything repeated-shows, movies, comedians, trivia. The CD's jokes were all the same. The friends we made on the first cruise were gone the second week. Turn-around day was a long process of waiting in the Library Bar for everyone else to get off the ship. The ports were different which was nice, and we did have the ship to ourselves for a good couple of hours because they were working on the elevators and weren't letting new guests on. We also got champagne when we boarded the second time, a picture with fellow b2b guests, and a fruit basket in our room. That was nice.

On our 12 day cruise, we had new things to do every day and night. We made a lot of friends and hung out with them most nights. We didn't have to get off and get back on, which isn't difficult, but it can take a while. I would prefer longer cruises, or like someone else suggested, going on a different ship for the second cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I like about the B2B is having the whole ship to yourself for a few hours. It wasn't an inconvenience at all to get off and back on the ship. We were walked off they rechecked our passports and we were right back on. Being treated like royalty was nice too. You get a photo with any of the other B2B guest (in our case we were it) and guest services, a complimentary mimosa and a bottle of wine and a fruit basket in your room. I think everyone should try it at least once. That said, a longer cruise if it's cheaper has it's appeal too. Also if the B2B is going to the same places than the longer cruise might be more appealing.

Does the wine and fruit come on first leg?

B2B = 2 musters. No bueno.

I agree. Unless there are distinct advantages to the B2B (ports you like better) I think two musters is the biggest factor I can think of in choosing. That plus one of your days is spent listening to all the announcements, dealing with a ship that is in reset mode instead of fun mode.

I agree. Unless there are distinct advantages to the B2B (ports you like better) I think two musters is the biggest factor I can think of in choosing. That plus one of your days is spent listening to all the announcements, dealing with a ship that is in reset mode instead of fun mode.

Back in the late 80's or early 90's you used to see trips that went deep into the Caribbean from Miami. You either flew home from there or bought the return trip to Miami.

Much like the Radiance trips to Alaska.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Opinions please on doing back to back cruises vs one longer cruise. Do you do it for price, itinerary, or other perks? How inconvenient is it to get off and back on the ship?

I know this is a carnival forum, but I am sailing a B2B on Disney this January and thought I would add my two cents.

My cruise to the Southern Caribbean, If I took it as an 11 night "long cruise" leaving and coming back to the same port would cost me 10k bc it's only in the summer. But since I am taking a shorter Southern Caribbean cruise (it's only shorter bc there's not as many sea days and but it goes to the same ports) as a B2B leaving out of Puerto Rico and coming back to the same port. Then the second half is leaving Puerto Rico and coming back to Port canaveral (7 nights for cruise one and 4 nights for cruise two) it's only going to cost me 6k and that's with the one way flight to Puerto Rico. We sail home to where we fly from in Orlando so no need to fly home. Not only is this cheaper, but it's a bucket list thing for me and a different kind of adventure! I don't know what the big deal is about a second muster. They're 30 minutes out of your day (at least they are on DCL). No big deal. My only advice if you were to choose a B2B is try your best to get the same room for both legs of the cruise. That way you won't have to pack and move dirty clothes. That would be a bigger inconvenience than the muster drill IMO. Plus, you would have the laundry room all to yourself on the first day of the second leg and can wash all your clothes, which means less packing and your room smells better. (Assuming Carnival has laundry machine access). Plus you might get something special in your room or a special cocktail party for everyone sailing B2B on the ship, which is always fun. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few years ago we sailed the last two sailings of the Conquest out of NOLA. First cruise we were in a port cabin. Our side was last to be released from Muster. Changed cabins for the second leg, to a starboard cabin. Also called last. Lol

I think there are both positives and negatives for both choices.

B2B will repeat menus, shows, movies, day time activities, etc.

Bad: can feel like, "this, again?" or "I already did that, saw that, ate that....isn't there anything else?"

Good: can feel like, "this is great because last cruise I went to the movie, this cruise I'll go to the show - and I really loved that, so I'll get it again but I wasn't a fan of that so I'll try this instead."

We did a B2B on Magic with a 7-day Western and 8-day Southern. With that we had different comedians and different Port of Call items on the menu. We had Dr. E for CD and for those who like his style, I'd think the muster drill would be tolerable. We never felt like, been there, done that because there really is a lot to see and do on that ship.

Back in the late 80's or early 90's you used to see trips that went deep into the Caribbean from Miami. You either flew home from there or bought the return trip to Miami.

Much like the Radiance trips to Alaska.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

They still have those on DCL. Leave port canaveral and go down to st Lucia for 10 or 11 nights and back.

For me, it's itinerary that matters, not "longer, or B2B" being of any consequence to me. Are you just "cruising" and don't care where you go? There are a lot of people who do just that, especially if only "loyal" to Carnival, since they go to so few places.

I have done both numerous times. Depends where I want to go is the deciding factor- itinerary only.

Edited by Budget Queen