Website issues??

The unreliablity of Royal's website is probably an excellent argument for starting the online check-in process right at the 90-day mark.

Ironically, that is exactly what I've been trying to do ;) At least I still have 88 days to go. Still down this morning.

Edited by BillOh

Try reloading the page when that message appears. I was/am having the same problems but I did hit reload and it went on through . Good luck [emoji256]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This worked for me. < At least a little, I got my checkin stated when I went to save my info, it puked.

Try reloading the page when that message appears. I was/am having the same problems but I did hit reload and it went on through . Good luck [emoji256]

Hmmm, interesting. That worked for me, too!

Hmmm, interesting. That worked for me, too!

How odd!!! After clearing cache, changing browsers, waiting a day, etc THIS worked for me too! I was able to cancel my beverage packages and re-order at a better discount. When I got to the Cruise Planner portion I had to do the reload several times, but it did finally work.

WOW! Thanks so much for posting this suggestion!

Lisa N.

Thanks for the tip - worked for me, too.

I made a final payment. It showed $0.00. Today, after reloading the page and clearing the cache and all the other stuff so I can see my planner, and I discovered, I have a negative credit of $5.50. What does that mean? Do they refund it? My prepaid tips were re-priced. They were lowered. What does that mean? Will I get on the ship, will I be charged for the correct amount? (I don't care, but I do want to know). How do I get my $5.50? Will I get to final payment date, and cruise is canceled because of my balance jumping all over the place? I did send an email for a receipt for final payment.

Today's my last day to do online checking in I've been trying to do it on my Internet for the last two days and still having problems

I couldn't get into my reservation last night until I cleaned out my browser cache. After that I had full access.

Me three.... you have to keep reloading at each obstacle, but eventually....... thanks.

Same for me, unfortunately I got to the place for my passport and its at home. Oh well, something to do tonight.

So the refreshing of the page seems to work at times, but not always. And I was finally able to at least see the credit that is listed and it is the exact amount of the excursion we still have booked?? Any idea why it does that? The excursion is still listed on my calendar as being booked.

In Chrome try accessing the web site in an Incognito window. In IE Explorer and Edge start InPrivate browsing. In Mozilla Firefox open a Private window. You will likely have to reenter your login information.

In these windows there are no associated cookies or browser cache on startup and any created during the session are discarded when the last incognito/private window is closed.

I made a final payment. It showed $0.00. Today, after reloading the page and clearing the cache and all the other stuff so I can see my planner, and I discovered, I have a negative credit of $5.50. What does that mean? Do they refund it? My prepaid tips were re-priced. They were lowered. What does that mean? Will I get on the ship, will I be charged for the correct amount? (I don't care, but I do want to know). How do I get my $5.50? Will I get to final payment date, and cruise is canceled because of my balance jumping all over the place? I did send an email for a receipt for final payment.

print out a copy of the page which shows negative balance. then call reservations dept so you can have the credit put back on your credit card. they may tell you it will show up as OBC on your sea pass.

I'm having issues today with My Cruises. It is not able to load my reserved cruises. If I manually enter the info for my cruise, it will give me the planner page but when I exit, it takes me back to the itinerary page but finds no cruises. I have cleared cache and history. It says I have no active reservations. Frustrating.

We rarely buy anything from Royal Gifts but I wanted to for our next cruise. I tried on & off for weeks and the web site could not find my reservation. I finally gave up yesterday & called to place the order. I told the rep I tried to do it online and she said they get a lot of calls like mine. "IT is working on it." We had a good laugh. I also had issues with My Cruises yesterday on both my reservations. Eventually I got to them. RCI has had issues with the web sites for a long time but it is getting worse. I posted this before, but I am an IT developer for a large bank and I know people who have worked for RCI's IT department before, usually as contractors because that is what they mostly use. I have never heard a lot of good things about it from the inside.

Clearing cache may help as some have found. If you have two browsers (Chrome and Internet Explorer for example) then try closing one and open up the other. That sometimes helps, depending on the problem. Sometimes it is an issue with your session variables and logging out and back in may help. Sometimes you just have to let the session expire which takes a while. An hour is more than enough. In some cases, they just have issues with the code and it is not going to work until they update the site with a fix.

As for the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" strategy. It departments are constantly "upgrading" things, even if they work right. Jobs depend on it. :) Also, at RCI the marketing area drives a lot of the web site changes in addition to content changes. This is from my friend who was there for a couple of years

We rarely buy anything from Royal Gifts but I wanted to for our next cruise. I tried on & off for weeks and the web site could not find my reservation. I finally gave up yesterday & called to place the order. I told the rep I tried to do it online and she said they get a lot of calls like mine. "IT is working on it." We had a good laugh. I also had issues with My Cruises yesterday on both my reservations. Eventually I got to them. RCI has had issues with the web sites for a long time but it is getting worse. I posted this before, but I am an IT developer for a large bank and I know people who have worked for RCI's IT department before, usually as contractors because that is what they mostly use. I have never heard a lot of good things about it from the inside.

Clearing cache may help as some have found. If you have two browsers (Chrome and Internet Explorer for example) then try closing one and open up the other. That sometimes helps, depending on the problem. Sometimes it is an issue with your session variables and logging out and back in may help. Sometimes you just have to let the session expire which takes a while. An hour is more than enough. In some cases, they just have issues with the code and it is not going to work until they update the site with a fix.

As for the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" strategy. It departments are constantly "upgrading" things, even if they work right. Jobs depend on it. :) Also, at RCI the marketing area drives a lot of the web site changes in addition to content changes. This is from my friend who was there for a couple of years

Off topic. I see you list that you are from Concord and work IT for a large bank. I spent a lot of time at BOA. BOA was one of my largest customers. Maybe we crossed paths.

My issue with My Cruises/Itinerary not working properly has resolved itself.

Off topic. I see you list that you are from Concord and work IT for a large bank. I spent a lot of time at BOA. BOA was one of my largest customers. Maybe we crossed paths.

My issue with My Cruises/Itinerary not working properly has resolved itself.

I have worked for the "other" bank in Charlotte on & off since 1998. First it was First Union, then Wachovia, now another that I am not supposed to mention on forums. They are concerned that my opinions might be construed as theirs. :)

Seems like a lot of people access the website from work. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, it seems so. I am in IT and work at home so I am in front of a computer all day. I do not use my work computer for anything personal but my own computer is right next to my work station. I spend a lot of time waiting for deployments, processes to run, and sometimes monitoring and testing so I switch over and read the forums while that is happening. I know that different companies have different policies on such things. A lot of folks use their phones these days for this but the screen is too small for me. :)

It appears to be fixed...at least for me. My negative $1300 balance now shows a $0 balance. I'm also back in the cruise planner and I haven't been able to access it since Sunday.

ETA: I spoke too soon...some of the tabs under my cruises/reservation still don't work LOL

Edited by slyster

It appears to be fixed...at least for me. My negative $1300 balance now shows a $0 balance. I'm also back in the cruise planner and I haven't been able to access it since Sunday.

ETA: I spoke too soon...some of the tabs under my cruises/reservation still don't work LOL

Everything is working for me now! Correct balance due is showing and all my dining and drink package purchases are still there!