Premium beverage pkg question

Toofarfromthesea

Everything is covered, including lattes, up to the threshold. If you order something that costs more, you pay the difference between the cost and the drink package threshold plus gratuity. For example, the premium package covers drinks up to $13. If you order a glass of wine that costs $15, you'd pay $2.36 ($2 plus 18 percent gratuity on the $2.)

Hi have been on 4 Celebrity cruises past 2 years. Can say that the upgrade from classic is just a waste of $7. Unless you have a particular wine taste.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

We agree that wine is a good reason. But there are other reasons...for example....I am a Cognac lover. And then there are the single malt scotches (another personal passion). In fact, one could go on and on about the higher end items that are not covered by the Classic Package. And then there is the Martini Bar (on S Class ships), the World Bar drinks, etc. Another Premium item is Pelligrino water....which we love to have every evening at dinner....and in our cabin.

Hank

The $11.80 per day upgrade cost has been one of the best use of our $$ we have done in 30 years of cruises.

Everything liquid ( except the stuff in the fridge, in the cabin )

IS COVERED.

Sounds like a plan for me too.

Besides the ones in the mini bar, any beverages delivered by room service are not covered.

Full bottles of wine are not covered, although you might be able to get a discount on wine bottle purchases.

Unless there has been a recent policy change, the Mini bar items are NOT covered by the beverage packages. For those who are Elite, their original mini-bar stock is included as an Elite perk.....but would not include and restocked items. The discount off full bottles of wine truly sucks! And the selection of wines available by the glass (for any package) also sucks..... That being said, the offerings available on the Premium Package are generally better then what is covered by the Classic Package.

Hank

We agree that wine is a good reason. But there are other reasons...for example....I am a Cognac lover. And then there are the single malt scotches (another personal passion). In fact, one could go on and on about the higher end items that are not covered by the Classic Package. And then there is the Martini Bar (on S Class ships), the World Bar drinks, etc. Another Premium item is Pelligrino water....which we love to have every evening at dinner....and in our cabin.

Hank

I've been struggling with this, too. We are on the Summit next month and the classic package is included. Haven't cruised in 2 years and before, we could go to the Martini Bar and get martins that were part of our package, not even a thought about it. From what I've been reading on these boards recently, that may be a challenge. We each could do 2-4 martinis a day, easy, and we love to sit at that bar. I understand that we can now pay the difference in the drink price, but not sure that's the right direction to go. Still wondering if we should upgrade.

For those who are Elite, their original mini-bar stock is included as an Elite perk.....but would not include and restocked items.

Hank

Are you sure about this?? I know it is true on Princess ... but on Celebrity?? I have not heard of that before.

The $11.80 per day upgrade cost has been one of the best use of our $$ we have done in 30 years of cruises.

IS COVERED.

AGREE. Plus I can upgrade separately (Patron, Cointreau in margarita) while wifester content with basic pkg offerings. Plus, not sure if general policy, but with premium a couple bar servers I patronized were ok with 'doubles' pour in drink like whiskey sour. Hey, I'm on vacation.;)

Are you sure about this?? I know it is true on Princess ... but on Celebrity?? I have not heard of that before.

I also have the same question. The mini bar perk is not listed on the elite benefits list and as a n elite we've not been told of this in the past.

Unless there has been a recent policy change, the Mini bar items are NOT covered by the beverage packages. For those who are Elite, their original mini-bar stock is included as an Elite perk.....but would not include and restocked items. The discount off full bottles of wine truly sucks! And the selection of wines available by the glass (for any package) also sucks..... That being said, the offerings available on the Premium Package are generally better then what is covered by the Classic Package.

Hank

We are Elite+ and know from experience that the mini bar stock is NOT an Elite perk.

We loved our last Premium package and will be upgrading on our next one. We too adore the Martini Bar and on our last cruise literally drank through the entire martini menu. We probably had four martinis per day. In addition I always had at least one glass of wine with dinner and a good half-dozen Perriers (if not more) throughout the day. It got to the point where "our" bartender would see us coming and when we'd sit down a Perrier would appear in front of me. Perrier, as a "premium bottled water" was not included in the Classic package so for that alone I was thankful. We knew that nearly every day our $11.80/pp was more than covered before the dinner hour.

We did get a couple of extra-premium cocktails that we had to spend a few extra dollars for, and one special bottle of wine that we got a 20% discount on. Otherwise everything we ordered anywhere was covered. It felt very indulgent and all-inclusive and I don't think we would want to go back to paying by the drink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi have been on 4 Celebrity cruises past 2 years. Can say that the upgrade from classic is just a waste of $7. Unless you have a particular wine taste.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Thanks, but that doesn't answer my question. It was a fact question, not an opinion question.

And thank you to those who answered the question.

Edited by Toofarfromthesea

• 2 weeks later...

IS COVERED.

Just did this for first time for my cruise next May. Really looking forward to not overthinking what drink I can order. The ones that were premium price on the menu were always the ones that I wanted. Can't wait to enjoy total freedom to not care when I order! Even the beer selection will be nice, Stella please :)

If you have the premium alcohol beverage package, other than drinks above the $ threshold, what is NOT covered?

For example, are things like lattes included?

This is on the Equinox, if it matters.

Thanks, and be gentle with a nooby.:)

Simple answer to your question and sticking to your question.

Any drink up to the $ threshold is covered.

Drinks in the dining rooms, pool areas, theater and all public areas covered.

Any drinks from the bar or Cafe al Bacio ordered for room service aren't covered, no drinks from the mini bar or that bottle of water sitting on the counter are unless part of AQ or maybe if in a suite. ASK

Seminars like mixology classes, wine seminars, beer tastings and etc aren't covered, or martini flights.

Wine and cheese on the lawn is covered to the limit of the drink.

Best is to ask if in doubt.

Drink up 🍺🍷🍹🍸

If you have the premium alcohol beverage package, other than drinks above the $ threshold, what is NOT covered?

For example, are things like lattes included?

This is on the Equinox, if it matters.

Thanks, and be gentle with a nooby.:)

Lattes are definitely included. They are even included on Classic.