Celebrity Reflection - Laundry

shayelle

We will be boarding The Reflection after 6 day sin Rome. We will need to send laundry out once on board. Do they take laundry the day of embarkation? Or do they start the next day? Also, does anyone know how much it is? Do they do the "fill the bag" thing or is it by item? There is 4 of us and we will have quite a bit as I am not packing for 16 days!

Thanks!

I don't believe you can put it out on embarkation day, but you can certainly send laundry the next morning.

It will be by item unless later in the cruise there might be a one day "fill the bag for a set price" special. Usually these don't appear until after about 2/3 or the cruise has passed.

I have sent laundry on embarkation day, usually around dinner time. Depending on the length of the cruise, they may offer a "fill the bag special" later in the cruise. On our 10 day cruise on the Eclipse in May, the special was $50 for a bag - a bargain.

We each get a free bag of laundry - I added up the "cost" of our first free bag which had normal stuff like undies, shirts, pants, shorts - it would have cost us $125 if we've had to pay. To me, laundry is part of the cost to cruise. I have to admit I loved the laundry facilities on Viking Star. I could do my own laundry at the temps I wanted to use.

They used to have a price list on their website, but I can't find it on the new site.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering about laundry service too. I have used it for a couple of items in the past...but remember items were returned very wrinkled and laundry service seemed harsh on clothes. I was wondering if one could request items be washed and pressed...like slacks and shirts? I will try to pack light weight items that can be hand washed in room and dried quickly on veranda.

We will be boarding The Reflection after 6 day sin Rome. We will need to send laundry out once on board. Do they take laundry the day of embarkation? Or do they start the next day? Also, does anyone know how much it is? Do they do the "fill the bag" thing or is it by item? There is 4 of us and we will have quite a bit as I am not packing for 16 days!

Thanks!

When they do offer the $49 special, it is wash and fold only. No pressing. No equivalent of dry cleaning.

Typical by-the-piece pricing:

Undergarments -- $3 each

Socks-- $3 each pair

Short sleeve shirt -- $6 each

Pants -- $7 each

Dress -- $11 each

I have sent laundry on embarkation day, usually around dinner time. Depending on the length of the cruise, they may offer a "fill the bag special" later in the cruise. On our 10 day cruise on the Eclipse in May, the special was $50 for a bag - a bargain.

We got $20 a bag special on the Reflection. Wash and fold.

I would check the prices at your hotel in Rome, too. If you give them stuff on the day before you leave, you might get most of it done for a lower price. I was in Rome a few weeks ago and paid less than the rates someone listed above on a per-item basis & everything was pressed.

I was wondering about laundry service too. I have used it for a couple of items in the past...but remember items were returned very wrinkled and laundry service seemed harsh on clothes. I was wondering if one could request items be washed and pressed...like slacks and shirts? I will try to pack light weight items that can be hand washed in room and dried quickly on veranda.

Yes, you can have item washed and pressed. One price to wash and fold then add on another charge to press. We are lucky and get one bag each for free and some items pressed for free.

We have used Celebrity's laundry service on every X cruise (a total of 9) and never had a problem with our laundry. The clothes are neatly folded. Never had an item damaged. I put in my polo shirts as well as long sleeve collared shirts. I hand them out right after the laundry arrives and wrinkles are minimal.

We sometimes hand wash small things in our sink.