Equinox solarium questions

IrishDMBF

I many nappers in the Solarium on my Royal cruise and many were in everday clothes not even bathing attire or cover ups. I found it different.

They must not have Solarium a dress code on Royal. 🤔

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

• 2 weeks later...

First, in my experience is has been very difficult to find a lounger in the spa area as they always seem to be taken or reserved with books/towels. Got to the point I rarely even try.

As to napping....I for one find that as I get older (as well as when I am under the influence of Dramamine) I find myself nodding off when I get semi-horizontal for any length of time. It's not something I plan, it just happens. So I could conceivably (and innocently) be one of those infamous snorers so noted, although I would never nod off for long.

In my opinion, it is of little concern to me whether someone is resting, reading, or napping. What is a concern is that people be considerate about the time spent there. I don't know the right answer, but for myself, I feel that the chairs are there for everyone's use not just mine, and when I do luck into one I will limit my usage to an hour or so. Similarly, other than leaving the chair for a few minutes to visit the rest room (or in the case of outside to dip in the pool) I do not and will not hold chairs. To me that is just selfish. I learned about taking turns way back in pre-school and to me the rules of consideration don't expire. I may err a little much on the side of caring about other people, but so be it. At most, Celebrity's suggested 30 minute wait time for chair holding should be sufficient to allow everyone to get their turn.

I many nappers in the Solarium on my Royal cruise and many were in everday clothes not even bathing attire or cover ups. I found it different.

Worst was on Royal's Oasis in the tiny library.....wall to wall snoozers and loud snorers in the chairs...... not a pleasant place to read!

Salt air and rocking motion of the sea .... conducive to napping, but the drooling and snoring is a bit much...and in the solarium the sound is a bit magnified...

Cathy, I commend your bravery in asking this honest question. I hope that people will avoid name-calling here, and recognize that sometimes people want to follow the rules but don't know what the rules are, or don't know that there are any rules regarding their behaviour. Reading this thread, I am learning for the first time that some people may object to others for taking a nap in a lounger in the solarium or pool area. I had not even considered that there was anything wrong with that; don't know what to think now. :(

As long as a person is occupying a chair - it's nobody's business if they are awake or asleep. That is most definitely not hogging.

On board Equinox now. Sitting @ Solarium, 7:55 AM on a sea day. Only a few people here and maybe 5 chairs saved in the entire solarium. There are about 40 chairs "poolside" and exactly 2 chair hogs there. I walked through the main pool area @ 7:30 AM and there were very few chair hogs there. Maybe people still feeling the effect of last night's silent disco and are sleeping in LOL

There were frequent servers coming by yesterday afternoon in the Solarium. No problem getting a drink.

I am sitting here baking in the Florida sun today thinking about and looking forward to my trip on the equinox in a couple of weeks. I have a couple of questions. I know all about chair hogs by the pool but wondering about in the solarium? It is a lot more appealing to me right now.

My other question involves drink service in the solarium. Is it ok? I know there is the aqua spa cafe but what about alcoholic beverages?

My other question involves drink service in the solarium. Is it ok? I know there is the aqua spa cafe but what about alcoholic beverages?

The bar servers can be hit or miss but the pool bar is right outside of the Solarium so I just pop out there to get my drink.