Amex Booking Offer Returns July 5

geoherb

Just checked. Available on my Blue Cash Preferred AmEx, but not my Starwood Preferred Guest AmEx

I have it on Blue, Everyday, and Platinum/Gold -- even though I already used the earlier offer on all those cards. [Now I'm running out of Princess debt so I can't use all the offers :rolleyes:] But I never got it on my Amex Hilton card -- the offers seem to avoid crossing from one co-branding to another.

It's now on both my husband's and my Amex platinum cards.

Do I just have my TA charge the $500 to both cards today so we can both get them or can I wait until final payment is due? The cruise is 12/3/17 and the final payment is due in Sept. I booked it a few weeks ago using a FCD

I just asked a TA who said she checked today & it had to be on a gold member & thru an AMEX-affiliated Travel agency....

That doesn't seem to be what others of you are saying.....What do you all think???

I got a courtesy-hold on a cabin with Prin as of last night, but intending to do the booking with a TA....easier to let her turn in the deposit etc.

I just asked a TA who said she checked today & it had to be on a gold member & thru an AMEX-affiliated Travel agency....

That doesn't seem to be what others of you are saying.....What do you all think???

I got a courtesy-hold on a cabin with Prin as of last night, but intending to do the booking with a TA....easier to let her turn in the deposit etc.

It definitely does NOT have to be through an AMEX affiliated agency. Nowhere on the offer does it say that. Nor does it say anything to the effect that it has to be on a gold member card.

check and see if it's in your offers on your credit card first and then add it to the card before you do anything. The offer was on my Amex Platinum cards but not on our gold or blue cards.

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 7/5/17 and 12/31/17 with (1) Carnival Cruise Line at www.carnival.com or via phone 1-800-764-7419; (2) Holland America Line at www.hollandamerica.com or via phone 1-877-932-4259; (3) Princess Cruises at www.princess.com or via phone 1-855-288-8083; (4) Cunard Line at www.cunard.com or via phone 1-800-728-6273; or (5) Seabourn Cruise Line at www.seabourn.com or via phone 1-866-755-5619; or (6) through your Travel Professional between 7/5/17 and 12/31/17. Excludes the following brands: Costa, P&O Cruises, P&O Australia, Aida and Fathom. Excludes onboard purchases, transfers and transportation to the ship, gift and services, full ship charters, Base Camp at Denali Park (Holland America), McKinley Chalet Resort (Holland America), Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services, Special events in Culinary Arts, Digital Workshops, Special Entertainment Venues, Cancellation Protection Plan (Holland America), formalwear rentals and charitable donations. Excludes gift cards. Excludes the following if not booked at time of reservation: airfare booked through cruise line, excursions, prepaid food/beverage programs, prepaid gratuities, prepaid wi-fi packages, spa packages, photo & video packages, onboard celebrations, luggage valet services, Travel Insurance, Vacation Protection, motorcoach program, charters, meetings and incentive bookings. An “eligible Card” means a valid American Express® US Consumer or Small Business credit or charge Card that is issued by a US banking subsidiary of American Express. Prepaid Cards and products, Corporate Cards and American Express-branded Cards issued by other financial institutions are not eligible. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction may not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CGUQ:0001

This program looks a bit different that the previous one. I don't recall the specifics, but it just seems like this one has more restrictions.

I'll make the charge, but I hope I still get the "rebate" as it is an existing booking. Also, I don't recall if there was language that one had to wait awhile for the rebate, as ours came in like a day, more or less.

My DD has a Sept. cruise booked. She'll try to just put $500 on her account... guess we'll see if that qualifies. She's past final pay in full date already.

So anyone already get the credit back while making a payment on an existing cruise? TIA

This program looks a bit different that the previous one. I don't recall the specifics, but it just seems like this one has more restrictions.

I'll make the charge, but I hope I still get the "rebate" as it is an existing booking. Also, I don't recall if there was language that one had to wait awhile for the rebate, as ours came in like a day, more or less.

My DD has a Sept. cruise booked. She'll try to just put $500 on her account... guess we'll see if that qualifies. She's past final pay in full date already.

So anyone already get the credit back while making a payment on an existing cruise? TIA

I just put $500 more towards an existing booking yesterday and the charge posted today ... no credit on my statement though as of yet.

Last time, I pretty much got the credit at the same time as the charge posted so not sure if this is going to qualify. Time will tell ...

I just put $500 more towards an existing booking yesterday and the charge posted today ... no credit on my statement though as of yet.

Last time, I pretty much got the credit at the same time as the charge posted so not sure if this is going to qualify. Time will tell ...

Yeah, I think I'm in the same boat.;)

Have patience. IIRC last time it took a while for the rebate to post on the card. And last time definitely had the same wording about new bookings – and wasn't limited that way in practice. I did get an email from Amex immediately when the charge went through: 'Great news! You just used your Amex Offer' – but the bonus hasn't shown up yet. It should in the next day or two.

Have patience. IIRC last time it took a while for the rebate to post on the card. And last time definitely had the same wording about new bookings – and wasn't limited that way in practice. I did get an email from Amex immediately when the charge went through: 'Great news! You just used your Amex Offer' – but the bonus hasn't shown up yet. It should in the next day or two.

Yes, my experience is that is takes anywhere from 3-5 days for the credit to post. Like you say, have patience. ;)

And once again ... you are right Jazzbeau! I just checked and my $100 statement credit just posted. Yippie!! My work for the day is done ... :D

I see it on my Platinum card but not my Delta nor my SPG. Has anyone else found a link like the one the last time which took you to a direct location to add the benefit?

Thanks

It won't be on the co-branded cards. Only on the American express totally owned cards.

And once again ... you are right Jazzbeau! I just checked and my $100 statement credit just posted. Yippie!! My work for the day is done ... :D

Sweet... I've got some time, but DD is beyond full payment. She'll give it a whirl.... here's hoping. Thanks for the update too!

Yup: my charge was 7/5 and the credit came up as 7/6 [although I didn't see it until today 7/7]. Now have put the final payment through on my Amex Platinum card, which will generate another $100 credit plus keep the Platinum benefits on the cruise [Amex has thus given me a total of $1,200 off this cruise -- and they say MasterCard is 'priceless'!]

Yup: my charge was 7/5 and the credit came up as 7/6 [although I didn't see it until today 7/7]. Now have put the final payment through on my Amex Platinum card, which will generate another $100 credit plus keep the Platinum benefits on the cruise [Amex has thus given me a total of $1,200 off this cruise -- and they say MasterCard is 'priceless'!]

How were you able to get Platinum benefits for your cruise?

Did you book through an Amex agent?

We used to get discounts and OBC from our Platinum card but haven't been able to get anything in years!

We have a rather expensive cruise coming up that so far we've only booked with OBC (purchased with the Platinum card so we're within the "total purchase on Amex" window) .

How were you able to get Platinum benefits for your cruise?

Did you book through an Amex agent?

We used to get discounts and OBC from our Platinum card but haven't been able to get anything in years!

We have a rather expensive cruise coming up that so far we've only booked with OBC (purchased with the Platinum card so we're within the "total purchase on Amex" window) .

I use a travel agent whose agency is part of the Amex network. Or you can book the cruise directly through Amex. I don't know if you can book directly with Princess and get the Platinum benefits, even if you use a Platinum card -- anyone else care to answer that?

I use a travel agent whose agency is part of the Amex network. Or you can book the cruise directly through Amex. I don't know if you can book directly with Princess and get the Platinum benefits, even if you use a Platinum card -- anyone else care to answer that?

My agent's info (on her emails) also says she is part of the Amex network but the last 5 years or so every cruise I've asked to check out whether we qualify for a discount or OBC she comes back and says no.

She used to get us decent discounts beyond her agency one but not lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also use a TA who is one of the best of the American Express travel agents.

We have not received a single platinum benefit in the past two years. Supposedly the fares we book are not included in the OBC benefit.

We have a World Cruise booked on Cunard. We booked early (not cheap, just early) I have asked repeatedly whether the Amex Platinum benefits apply(we would only get the one time benefit and have not had an answer)

Thanks for the information though on the spend $500 and get $100.

Chamima, we must be using the same agency.

I also use a TA who is one of the best of the American Express travel agents.

We have not received a single platinum benefit in the past two years. Supposedly the fares we book are not included in the OBC benefit.

We have a World Cruise booked on Cunard. We booked early (not cheap, just early) I have asked repeatedly whether the Amex Platinum benefits apply(we would only get the one time benefit and have not had an answer)

Thanks for the information though on the spend $500 and get $100.

Chamima, we must be using the same agency.

We also have always used an Amex TA and have asked repeatedly over the years if the Platinum Cruise Privileges Program OBC can be combined with whatever other sale/offer/etc. is available from the cruise line and the answer is always "no." :( Although I do seem to recall that it might be combine-able with the Princess military OBC benefit - perhaps someone can confirm or refute. that.