Bottled Water

afeiner31

Surprised NCL hasn't gone inclusive on all type beverages to include specialty coffee's, milk shakes, water, etc as part of package. Carnival is now totally inclusive and at the same price per day when they followed the NCL model. Maybe NCL has yet to include these other specialty type non-alcholic beverages and water because they offer the UBP as one of the freebies you can choose when you book??? Gotta nickel and dime you somewhere to make up for the throw-ins!!!

Not a flame but a humorous observation -- Melted ice is ice water unless I missed something in high school science. :)

I do not find the taste of melted ice to be the same as tap water. Even at home with a water filter on my fridge, it still tastes different. I know the filter is for water but I'm not sure it is used for the ice maker.

I have read the explanation of how water is processed on a cruise ship. Maybe it will taste the same to me there. :confused:

Just personal preference. Could be all in my head.

The water is very good on every NCL cruise I have been on. That being said, I forked over the $15.00 or so for a 6 pack of 1 liter size bottles. Why? Because I like having a water bottle at my bedside and I don't want to have to scrounge around looking for a refill. The $3.00 per bottle price was not too outrageous and we shared a couple of bottles with friends traveling with us.

I agree and purchased it myself. $3.00 for a liter of water is not outrageous. I like the convenience of my own water and not having to find water.

• 8 months later...
i just saw a water post and i had to jump in. just came back from princess and they charged me only 8 bucks for a case of water vs the 70 that NCL charged me (didnt even get a haven discount)

you can also bring on unlimited water and soda

if princess can do this, why cant NCL?

They just want to RIP there good faithful customer off !! After they charge them all this money for the cruise etc then get another 50$ out of them .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They just want to RIP there good faithful customer off !! After they charge them all this money for the cruise etc then get another 50$ out of them .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Surprising that someone would bump an old post from last year using a currency designator not consistent with being from “Michigan”

You can get a glass of water with the UBP at any bar, or virgin drinks if you are tired of consuming alcohol.

Bottled water is not included in NCL's drink plan. Specialty coffees are also excluded. It is a bit more generous than some others, though, with all drinks $15 and under included. If there is a drink you want that is priced higher you pay only the difference (plus the 18% gratuity that is automatically added). NCL also doesn't have a daily limit on the number of drinks, but will cut off obviously drunk people. That's when you switch to virgin drinks!

You can buy a water package as well, but bottled drinking water comes only in 1 liter bottles, and is limited to Aquafina. The pricing has been recently adjusted and is what you would expect on a cruise ship, about

$3 per bottle. (The POA in Hawai'i has 20 ounce bottles available in the package as well). We bought a six pack on our last NCL cruise for the convenience of having bottled water in the cabin. NCL also has premium still and sparkling waters like Acqua Panna, but selection varies by ship.

The filtered water in the buffet, at bars, and in the restaurants is free of chlorine, and tastes good to us. We have no problem drinking it. The water out of the tap in the bathroom smells like a swimming pool to us, and has that bitter chlorine taste. Some people will bring a sport bottle and refill it at the buffet dispensers using multiple transfer glasses (you should only push a glass against the dispenser bar ONCE, and get a new glass for the next transfer). For us, spending the $18 for a six pack of 1 liter bottles was a better choice.

What is considered a specialty coffee? If we have the ultimate plan can we order an espresso or cappucino at dinner? Thank you!

What is considered a specialty coffee? If we have the ultimate plan can we order an espresso or cappucino at dinner? Thank you!

You can order it, but there will be a charge. Anything beyond regular coffee is considered a specialty.

This is what happened. I go to the buffet to fill my bottle but see the signs plastered everywhere. I go to someone working in the buffet and asked them if they could fill it up. They told me that they will only fill up bottles at the bar. I go to the bar and the woman told me that they are't allowed to fill up bottles of water (if she handed me the pitcher an the glass, I would have just done it myself). There was no mention of having to first put it in a glass of water and then into a bottle (but again I would have done that). I told her that I was specifically told that the bars were the only places that would fill up bottles. She just gave in and filled up my bottle. I asked another time at the bar and no problem with them filling it up. I don't think they want you filling up bottles at all period because they want you to buy the water package.

You can also just fill your bottle from the tap in your room. It's the same water all over the ship. Whether it comes from a tap in the cafe or bar or the tap in your room, it's all exactly the same....

Edit: Whoa, I totally checked the date on the post I quoted, but missed it was 2017, not 2018!

You can also just fill your bottle from the tap in your room. It's the same water all over the ship. Whether it comes from a tap in the cafe or bar or the tap in your room, it's all exactly the same....

Edit: Whoa, I totally checked the date on the post I quoted, but missed it was 2017, not 2018!

not entirely true, I believe the water at the buffet and bars goes through an additional carbon filter which should help taste slightly.

f0dcd5b2b8290b513c3023e6fa849d4e.jpg

FYI: In reference to the previous question about what coffee is included in the UBP, this is from Doug's current trip report on the Breakaway. I assume that most of the ships have similar pricing for their specialty coffees.

So I'm not even sure if staff filling up water bottles is allowed... At the buffet they have signs EVERYWHERE saying not to fill up water bottles there. I figured that was due to healthcode issues so I took it to the bar area a few times and asked them to fill it up which MOST of the time they did however, some workers said that they are not allowed to fill up water bottles. :confused::confused:. I would never buy the soda or booze package unless there was some crazy special (I just don't drink enough soda to make it worth it, and I would never have more than 2 drinks a day anyway if at all), but I think it's strange that if you get either plan that they don't include bottled water. I believe Celebrity includes it in their beverage plan.

This is interesting as cruise ships are trying to reduce plastics/throw aways. So what to do if they won't refill a water bottle And at the same time are working to eliminate straws/plastics and one use plastic items?

I may need to order a case of water for our cruise next week. I drink A LOT of bottled water while on a ship. We usually sail Celebrity and it comes with our bev package

BEFORE I order bottled water to the cabins-- Can someone tell me if there is def a fridge to store/cool the water in the staterooms on the SUN (deck 8 mid ship Cat BB) AND ice buckets/available ice from the stewards

TYIS

Edited by Fogfog

I'm pretty certain NCL is the only cruise line that offers the drink plan for free, then charges you 18% of the value of the plan. The other lines I've checked don't charge a gratuity on a promo. And every other line I've checked into includes bottled water in at least one of the beverage plans (usually the premium plan if they have more than one).

That disadvantage only applies to those who both want to have more than two drinks daily AND bottled water, so it's not really a big deal. Most drinkers will be happy with the gratuity price for the "free" beverage plan since it still saves them so much money in the long run, the price covered is higher than other lines, and there is no set daily limit on the number of drinks you can consume. .

Carnival charges a 15% gratuity on their beverage package. But you also get bottled water with that

BEFORE I order bottled water to the cabins-- Can someone tell me if there is def a fridge to store/cool the water in the staterooms on the SUN (deck 8 mid ship Cat BB) AND ice buckets/available ice from the stewards

TYIS

I haven't been on the Sun, so I can't say for certain if there are mini-fridges. It might depend on what category of stateroom you got. You can probably search youtube for videos of your stateroom category on the sun and watch the videos to see if there is a fridge.

As for ice buckets, both of the cruises I have been on with NCL so far, I had an ice bucket in my room and the room steward filled it every day.

I haven't been on the Sun, so I can't say for certain if there are mini-fridges. It might depend on what category of stateroom you got. You can probably search youtube for videos of your stateroom category on the sun and watch the videos to see if there is a fridge.

As for ice buckets, both of the cruises I have been on with NCL so far, I had an ice bucket in my room and the room steward filled it every day.

Thanks

On the NCL site there is a water package under gifts BUT when I try to use it...it takes me to a gifts page and the water tab is missing.

On the Water/gifts it is

Bottled Water Packages

Receive savings of up to 65% when you purchase water packages versus individual bottles onboard.

AM_Bottled_Water_204b.jpgFor all ships except Pride of America

6-pack (1-liter bottles)$14.9512-pack (1-liter bottles)$27.9524-pack (1-liter bottles)$44.95Note: 20% gratuities & service charge will be applied at time of purchase

Pride of America sailings only

12-pack (1-liter bottles)$27.9524-pack (500-milliliter bottles)$29.95

BUT this feature isn't working.

ON the OnBoard Bev packages it is

Bottled Water Packages 12-pack (1-liter bottles) PRICE $33.54

Hydrate yourself! Pre-order Aquafina® bottles of water that will be delivered directly to your stateroom. A savings of 58%

OR

Bottled Water Packages 24-pack (1-liter bottles)

Hydrate yourself! Pre-order Aquafina® bottles of water that will be delivered directly to your stateroom. A savings of 66%. PRICE $53.94

WHY would the gift TAB be LESS than the person sailing? AND why is it not working? $27+/- for a gift but $33+/- as a passenger.

FRANKLY NCL needs to update their website and stop the nickling/diming before we even get aboard.

The all inclusive UBP booked in the UK includes 1L of water a day, speciality coffee with meals (always meal time! little and often!) and all gratuities.

I don't understand why it is different unless they are trialing it here but it's been that way for a while now, maybe they will extend it to more places.

This is interesting as cruise ships are trying to reduce plastics/throw aways. So what to do if they won't refill a water bottle And at the same time are working to eliminate straws/plastics and one use plastic items?

The signs are to alert folks not to fill the water bottle directly from the spout. You must fill a glass with water and then pour it into your bottle.