Oasis Boardwalk Balcony Cabins - Pros and Cons

I'm looking at going on Oasis in December 2018 for my first time on that class of ship and was wondering if anybody can give me some hints about the Boardwalk Balcony cabins. Pros? Cons? Are they noisy? Is the view of the Aqua Theater good? Is the view of the ocean good? I'm assuming you'd have to be in one of the rooms toward the back to see the ocean and of course they are pricier but if the view is good then it might be worth it.

Any comments would be welcome! Thanks.

I'm looking at going on Oasis in December 2018 for my first time on that class of ship and was wondering if anybody can give me some hints about the Boardwalk Balcony cabins. Pros? Cons? Are they noisy? Is the view of the Aqua Theater good? Is the view of the ocean good? I'm assuming you'd have to be in one of the rooms toward the back to see the ocean and of course they are pricier but if the view is good then it might be worth it.

Any comments would be welcome! Thanks.

Have been in many BBC and they are a great value with these caveats: the father aft you go the better, no deck above 12 and no deck below 10. The worst BBC are on the Harmoney because of the new slide blocks the aqua theater and sea view enough to negate those as reasons to book these cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stayed in our first Boardwalk balcony in January and have another one booked for August. We love them!!

We like that you get a view of the ocean along with all the activities going on below. We did not find them noisy at all and really enjoyed people watching.

We were on Deck 12, about halfway back and had a great view!! I would not book Deck 14 because it is under the sports Deck and may have noise from above and have somewhat of an obstructed view. Best decks to me would 9-12.

Try it.....you may find you like it too!!!

We booked a boardwalk balcony on the Oasis and really enjoyed it. I agree about booking a cabin closer to the aqua theater. I felt it was a great value, and can still see the ocean, fun to people watch too! The cons would be the lack of privacy on your balcony and peaceful views.

Hubby and I were in a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis a few years back and enjoyed it.

There were no aquatheatre shows that week however, due to technical difficulties and then weather, so I can't comment on the effect they would have had. There was only one night when for some reason they were showing the more recent Jurassic Park movie well past 11:00 pm that the noise was obtrusive, otherwise I felt the noise level was acceptable and non-disruptive.

We had a decent view of the ocean when sitting on the balcony and facing the rear of the ship.

I wouldn't hesitate to book that class of cabin again, although I would try to get a non connecting room. We did hear quite a bit of noise leaking in from the other cabin - every time they flushed the toilet, had a shower or their alarm clock went off we knew! I'm sure they were treated to the same from us.

Happy cruising!

We stayed in our first Boardwalk balcony in January and have another one booked for August. We love them!!

We like that you get a view of the ocean along with all the activities going on below. We did not find them noisy at all and really enjoyed people watching.

We were on Deck 12, about halfway back and had a great view!! I would not book Deck 14 because it is under the sports Deck and may have noise from above and have somewhat of an obstructed view. Best decks to me would 9-12.

Try it.....you may find you like it too!!!

We'll be about half way too (but on deck 10). Can you see the water at all? I was concerned being totally aft with the noise.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

We'll be about half way too (but on deck 10). Can you see the water at all? I was concerned being totally aft with the noise.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

You will have a great view out of the back of the ocean.

We will never book a regular ocean view again...we loved it that much!!

We have had these cabins on both Allure and Oasis and love them. I prefer these over regular balcony cabins. We enjoy the people watching on the zip line, rock wall and boardwalk while still seeing ocean views. We have never had a problem with the noise. You can definitely hear movies and dive shows but we have never been ready for bed while they were going on so wasn't an issue for us. We enjoy watching the dive show from the balcony. On our most recent cruise we had 11327 and 11325 great views from both. Have also had 11321 and 11319 and had good views from there as well. They played epic fails, bloopers and funny animal videos a lot on the big screens on our last cruise and my daughter loved to sit out and watch anytime we were in the cabin getting ready for dinner or breakfast. If you are uncomfortable looking across the ship and seeing other people looking back at you, or if you are early to bed types they are not the cabins for you!

We were on the Oasis in room 11303. I would not book a Boardwalk room again. We saw a little sliver of the ocean from the balcony. There were 3 in our cabin so getting a cabin more aft was difficult because most held 2. We were about half way. The noise did not bother us, but lack of ocean view did. Glad we tried it once but OV balcony for us from now on.

We were on the Oasis in room 11303. I would not book a Boardwalk room again. We saw a little sliver of the ocean from the balcony. There were 3 in our cabin so getting a cabin more aft was difficult because most held 2. We were about half way. The noise did not bother us, but lack of ocean view did. Glad we tried it once but OV balcony for us from now on.

Our thoughts exactly. We were in 11307 on Allure. It was nice and we're glad we tried it, but we will go back to OV in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will have a great view out of the back of the ocean.

We will never book a regular ocean view again...we loved it that much!!

Thanks for the feedback. They look like fun staterooms...and I know our kids will love seeing all the action.

Boardwalk balconies are better for people watching than the Central Park balconies. I actually prefer an ocean balcony, but we got a really good deal with lots of perks on an inside balcony in January.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had last cabin port side deck 12 on Oasis. If doors were closed NO NOISE could be heard. Our only issue was we had to be dressed when drapes were open. As Bob said, lack of privacy. We wanted to be as far back as possible to see the shows and most of all to see the ocean. If we were sitting on balcony, did not care if there was noise because we would be enjoying the activity below. Go for it.

We had 12319 on a B2B in Feb. We liked it. The visibility issue is overplayed. If the thin drapes are closed there is little visibility for those opposite. We could see the Aquashow but why see it from the balcony when you can get a much better seat in the Aquatheatre? There is some noise during the day, even with the doors closed. Mainly kids noise and the carousel bell. At night it was fine. Plus you get the free meal at Johnny Rockets and the soda package (we had that anyway in our drinks package). The view aft to the Ocean was nice especially seeing the wake. I can appreciate Harmony/Symphony slides may obstruct that view quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had 10729 on Oasis, last one aft. We liked it a lot. To me, the noise issue is overblown. Other than when the Aquatheatre show is going, when we closed the door, we heard nothing.

Here are some pix of the view:

View from Stateroom 10729

From Stateroom 10729

From Stateroom 10729

From Stateroom 10729, in Jamaica

From Statetroom 10729 - Cozumel

Zip Line !

I would not book a BW balcony on the Harmony or the Symphony because the ultimate abyss slide destroys the view.

Hopefully they will not add that to the Oasis and Allure during their next drydocks in 2019 & 2020.

mac_tlc

Here is the view from 11719. We had zero issues with noise once our balcony door was closed. Yes, there is no privacy from the balconies across the way. However we are not ones to go out on our ocean facing balcony without clothes, so it is a moot point for us!

18156253_10210069083258294_461160612217873188_o.jpg?oh=a328bf124c29a256877628d584ed68cb&oe=5A0BA7D6