how to get to cruise port from airport

lost in alabama

any past cruiser got suggestions for transport.

celebrity web site was useless.

google search produced private car at $132 or taxi fo $60 plus tolls...

was planning to drive rental from Baltimore to Jersey and turn in at airport.

Now thinking I need to find someone coming back from Aug 23 trip and flying out of Newark....then I could.go to cruise port; give them the rental for drop off at airport???

Do a stay and cruise park at one of the hotels near the cruise port. We used Country Inn and Suites. We parked our car for 9 days, had a shuttle to and from and a room the night before for $255. Would recommend them. We had no problem and they were located at the last exit before having to pay any tolls.

There are many other hotels offering the same.

Happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

sounds like a good option, however, my car in at hotel for 10 days in Atlanta. Flying to Baltimore for Orioles game before cruise and driving rental in day of Cruise.

That changes everything.

You may have to bite the bullet and count on it being a expensive trip. Chances are you will have to pay for a taxi or uber to the cruise port from the car rental lot.

On the trip back you could book the transfers from Celebrity to the airport.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

was planning to drive rental from Baltimore to Jersey and turn in at airport.

Now thinking I need to find someone coming back from Aug 23 trip and flying out of Newark....then I could.go to cruise port; give them the rental for drop off at airport???

As I understand this, you are looking for transportation from the rental car lot to the New Jersey cruise terminal. Correct?

Are you returning the car to EWR or to a rental lot closer to the port?

If you are returning to EWR, you could book a transfer with Celebrity, but the cost for two people might equal the cost of a taxi.

If I understand this correctly, you are flying from ATL to BWI, enjoying an Orioles game and then going on to take a cruise out of Cape Liberty in NJ.... I am going to assume that there are two of you. My first option would be to rent a car a drive up to NJ and leave the rental at the airport. From there is a fairly short cab ride to the port. Another option is to take Amtrak from Baltimore to EWR and get a cab from the airport to the port.

Next question, when are you flying in to BWI? When is your game? Are you planning to stay over night in Baltimore? With the scenario of a flying in the day of a game-- a night game I would consider renting a car when you arrive, drive to the game, see the game, see a bit of the inner harbor before or after the game and then drive out to the northern suburbs after the game, get some sleep and drive on to NJ in the morning. The tolls are no where near $60. Keep in mind that the BWI is south of city and you want to head north to the NJ after the game. There is light rail from BWI to the stadium and that also continues on to Penn Station if you want to take AMTRAK.

For EWR to Cape Liberty, I did a brief search online and got taxi rates of around $30

Either way, I'd absolutely forget about the idea you mentioned of driving to the port and finding a cruiser flying home from the prior cruise out of EWR to return your rental. Entrusting YOUR rental car, that YOU are responsible for, to a complete stranger to return? Way too risky!

You might want to drive up on Saturday and spend an evening in the big city... NYC, Not Newark......Waterbug is right, that whole idea of letting someone else return your car is pretty scary. I did it once with a friend when we were both flying out of different airports in Dallas and it was a big worry until I knew the car was returned safely.

I would drop your rental car at the airport and take a cab to the ship or your hotel. Upon your return, the port has one of the most efficient shared van ride systems to the airport that I've encountered. The line moves very fast, there are lots of vans, and the fare is $20 or $25/pp.

good information. Guess we'll take Mr. Clicks advice and go up day early *************.com agent advises there is shuttle at 28.50pp. . Manhattan has shuttle for 22pp 40 minute ride to port.

also found private 11 passenger van at $132 for ride share [ goairlinkshuttle.com ] in case we meet 9 other folks headed in same direction.

This is the best resource I've found for Uber costs from all Airport to All Cruise Ports.

Here's to / from Newark according to that site.

Newark-Airport-to-Cape-Liberty-Bayonne-Cruise-Port.jpg

Cape Liberty (via Newark Airport)

Cape Liberty (Bayonne) Cruise Port Address: 4 Port Terminal Blvd, Bayonne, NJ 07002

TO PORT: How much does an Uber cost from Newark Airport to Cape Liberty (Bayonne) Cruise Port?

• UberX: $18.50
  • UberXL: $27.00

FROM PORT: How much does an Uber cost from Cape Liberty (Bayonne) Cruise Port to Newark Airport ?

• UberX: $17.50
  • UberXL: $25.50

Here's their link for $20 credit.

Good luck!

Now thinking I need to find a someone coming back from Aug 23 trip and flying out of Newark....then I could.go to cruise port; give them the rental for drop off at airport???

I hope you are kidding about turning your rental car over to someone you don't really know who is not on the rental contract so not authorized to drive the car or covered by any insurance at all and that includes your credit card insurance. If you do, I hope you have either great insurance or deep pockets. Obviously, I'd suggest you not even think about this approach.

The cab ride from Newark to Bayonne is fixed price...I think $25 each way....but you can find it with google. Just bite the bullet. It's possible that one of the car rental agencies runs a shuttle to/from the pier...I avoid Bayonne like the plague having taken one RCL cruise from there many years ago. Again, google to look for a shuttle or call the companies and ask...it might not be on their web site.