Vibe pass?

jerseygirl3

Someone has posted that to be sure to get a Vibe pass before they sell out (we'd be interested in getting a 14 day pass), you need to "get there" by 9 a.m. Where is "there" and how can you possibly board the ship that early to be able to obtain them by 9 a.m. I'm guessing you can't board until at least 10-11. Please advise.

"There" is the port so you get an early boarding number. Once you get on the ship go down to headliners and you will get a number that will allow you to get in line to purchase a vibe pass

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Someone has posted that to be sure to get a Vibe pass before they sell out ...

There is no 100% way to be sure especially if you do not have priority boarding and do not board before general boarding.

Many people have the opportunity to board before general boarding begins such as Suite guests, Ambassador, Platinum Plus, Platinum latitudes, B2B, CAS, special needs, wedding party, etc.

You can increase your chances (if you are not one of the above) by getting to the port as early as possible and getting an early boarding group.

"There" is the port so you get an early boarding number. Once you get on the ship go down to headliners and you will get a number that will allow you to get in line to purchase a vibe pass.Sent from my iPad using Forums

Careful, they are not sold in Headliners on every ship.

On the breakaway we went right to headliners and asked for vibe - they looked at us like we had two heads. Guest service had them. Good advice if you are two people one go to headliners and one go to guest service. We struck out twice as guest service was sold out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last week they were being sold at the very left side of guest services. Be sure to get in the vibe line on the left not guest services line in the middle. We arrived to the port 8:30 and were first 50 people thru TSA checkpoint which opened at 9am and received boarding group 7 we are latitudes silver. Passes were sold out when we boarded at 11:20. bummer.

Very true, thanks for the clarification. I was referencing the Escape, but that is not true of all ships. I should have asked which ship the OP is sailing.

Good advice if you are two people one go to headliners and one go to guest service. We struck out twice as guest service was sold out.

No, that's bad advice since one of you can't buy it for the other - you both must be present. Good advice is to go to the right place. It's Headliners on Escape and Guest Services on Getaway or Breakaway.

Someone has posted that to be sure to get a Vibe pass before they sell out (we'd be interested in getting a 14 day pass), you need to "get there" by 9 a.m. Where is "there" and how can you possibly board the ship that early to be able to obtain them by 9 a.m. I'm guessing you can't board until at least 10-11. Please advise.

You might want to look at this video, mind you its the Escape. The BA is similar

Are you going on a 14 day winter cruise?

No, that's bad advice since one of you can't buy it for the other - you both must be present. Good advice is to go to the right place. It's Headliners on Escape and Guest Services on Getaway or Breakaway.

Your cell phone works in port call the other one and they will run over. They are only25ft away. If you have no legs or cannot move that quick then the advise is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your cell phone works in port call the other one and they will run over. They are only25ft away. If you have no legs or cannot move that quick then the advise is bad.

It's bad anyway. Why go to the wrong place when people are telling you the right one? "Just in case"? That's silly. That's like going to Headliners for a show in the theater even though everyone tells you it's in the theater. I mean, I guess you can call each other. :rolleyes:

Good advice or bad advice - the issue is they ships don't all do the same thing and we all talk about this Vibe like it's gold (maybe it is but I didn't get the chance to have it). I have said this on other chats and maybe this one, NCL has set up a situation where we are all competing with each other. They have staggering check in time which mean nothing. So we all come early but iwhats funny is I got on ship with #10 pass when they were calling #6 and the ship was packed already. Then I was told by a person who works for NCL that the passes were sold in Headliners when they were at guest service. PLEASE!!! The whole system is backwards and we play into it. The are some who will say "book haven" , some will and some will say we all go the same place for less money and They won't spend that. The cruising industry is packed and I love it and will continue to book cruises. I may not like the game but I can try and play - but let all be honest this game is childish and there must be a better system to allocate the passes. I would suggest a lottery or a bidding on them like an upgrade. At least then we wouldn't have to run like cattle and be turned away. They probably won't change it so for now we have this chat and can debate it and advice people who to see and where to go.

(I love everyone's passion on these forms as we are all cruise junkies getting our fix while not on the "high seas")

.. but let all be honest this game is childish and there must be a better system to allocate the passes. I would suggest a lottery or a bidding on them like an upgrade. At least then we wouldn't have to run like cattle and be turned away. They probably won't change it so for now we have this chat and can debate it and advice people who to see and where to go.

No matter what system is used, there will still be some who complain because there is no perfect system possible.

If they could be booked before boarding, suite guests would likely be able to book before non-suite guests (just like dinner reservations)....people would complain.

If they were to go to the highest bidder...people would complain

If there was a lottery system, one couple might win while their friends/family would not....people would complain.

If access was given daily on a first come/first serve basis, people would VIBE hog instead of chair hog. They'd get passes first thing in the morning and not return for hours....people would complain.

Some people choose to "run like cattle" while some do not. Some people want to get passes just to get them and hardly use them. Some people couldn't care less about VIBE. It's all choice. VIBE is 100% optional and a person's cruise enjoyment shouldn't solely depend on VIBE access. If it does, there are ways to increase the odds of getting VIBE access but even then, nothing is guaranteed.

No matter what system is used, there will still be some who complain because there is no perfect system possible.

If they could be booked before boarding, suite guests would likely be able to book before non-suite guests (just like dinner reservations)....people would complain.

If they were to go to the highest bidder...people would complain

If there was a lottery system, one couple might win while their friends/family would not....people would complain.

If access was given daily on a first come/first serve basis, people would VIBE hog instead of chair hog. They'd get passes first thing in the morning and not return for hours....people would complain.

Some people choose to "run like cattle" while some do not. Some people want to get passes just to get them and hardly use them. Some people couldn't care less about VIBE. It's all choice. VIBE is 100% optional and a person's cruise enjoyment shouldn't solely depend on VIBE access. If it does, there are ways to increase the odds of getting VIBE access but even then, nothing is guaranteed.

Do tell....what are the ways to increase the odds of getting Vibe passes. From the posts I'm reading, it's virtually impossible to get them unless you're one of the first onboard. We have no status with NCL (cruised once in 1999 on NCL Sky and when DH was refused his request for a second lobster tail, he said "never again."). We're giving it a try since we'll be with friends who love NCL and we live in south Jersey, so no flight involved. We shall see if we like it better the second time around.

Do tell....what are the ways to increase the odds of getting Vibe passes. From the posts I'm reading, it's virtually impossible to get them unless you're one of the first onboard.

If you don't have priority boarding (see post #3), the way to increase your chance is to arrive as early as possible to get a good boarding group number. That will increase your chance for success but it won't guarantee anything.

If you don't have priority boarding (see post #3), the way to increase your chance is to arrive as early as possible to get a good boarding group number. That will increase your chance for success but it won't guarantee anything.

Then RUN! My wife and I arrived at 8:45 for the Escape, we did have a 9am check in. Anyway their were at least a dozen people in front of us. All of them wanted Vibe Passes. We got boarding group one, I won't see we ran we just walked very fast. We got them and loved it more than the Vibe on the BA

In addition to arriving early to get a low boarding group number, figure out exactly where boarding will begin and wait there instead of in the general waiting area. That way when the "cattle run" ensues you'll be at the head of the pack...

Do tell....what are the ways to increase the odds of getting Vibe passes. From the posts I'm reading, it's virtually impossible to get them unless you're one of the first onboard. We have no status with NCL (cruised once in 1999 on NCL Sky and when DH was refused his request for a second lobster tail, he said "never again."). We're giving it a try since we'll be with friends who love NCL and we live in south Jersey, so no flight involved. We shall see if we like it better the second time around.

I was on Breakaway in May. We were determined to get VIBE passes main pool is very crowded at all times we new this because it was our second time on Breakaway. Also we received a 200. OBC as a special that was being offered so VIBE passes were a no brainer for us. We arrived at port were one of the firsts thru security and at check we were given #7 I ask is this lowest number you have I want to get VIBE passes was told that's a good number you will have no problem getting passes. We were standing and waiting when they called #7 and bolted to gangway and ran to guest services like we were on the Amazing Race!!!! We got passes and there were only 2 left for couple behind us. But was so worth it we spent a lot of time there its very quiet and relaxing.