Carnival Sensation vs RCCL Adventure of the Seas

Have a limited time frame for a cruise in February due to son having a few days off school. For those who have sailed these ships, do you have a preference on which is better? We have only cruised once on RCCL Brilliance so don't have a lot of experience. Either itinerary would work for us. Thanks!!

Goodness, those two are not even remotely in the same league.

Sensation is part of Carnival's oldest class of ships with limited amenities. Decor is right our of the early 90"s when it was built. Don't hate Carnival and will choose them in the right circumstances, but not Sensation or other Fantasy-class ships. Just way too many better options out there.

Adventure, all the way. Much, much newer with a whole lot more to offer.

Platinum on Carnival and have 5 RCCL cruises under my belt. Without a doubt you should do the Adventure. The Sensation is an older ship in the Carnival fleet and I personally wouldn't do.....I love any cruise but between the two in my opinion you should absolutely do the Adventure!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am platinum on Carnival and diamond on Royal and enjoy both lines. I agree these two ships are leagues apart, and would pick Adventure over the Sensation. Love the promenade and all the parades and parties on the Adventure.

Goodness, those two are not even remotely in the same league.

Sensation is part of Carnival's oldest class of ships with limited amenities. Decor is right our of the early 90"s when it was built. Don't hate Carnival and will choose them in the right circumstances, but not Sensation or other Fantasy-class ships. Just way too many better options out there.

Adventure, all the way. Much, much newer with a whole lot more to offer.

I was thinking the same thing. The Sensation is tiny with hardly any amenities and it seemed old when we sailed it in 1998. That said, the Adventure is not that much newer, but it is light years advanced from the Sensation.

JC