Summit Delayed Today?

Marleycruiser

We had the same thing happen two years ago, said it was a lifeboat problem. We didn't leave to Midnight.

Manuela the Michaels club concierge that the problem is with a lifeboat.

One was lowered and they can't get it back up.

Well that's a bit scary now isn't it? :( If that lifeboat were assigned to my muster station, I would ask for a change to another muster!

We are sailing in 6147. Would love to hear about the butler assigned to you. Thanks so much! Have a wonderful cruise!

Chip is the current butler in 6147, however he's going on vacation July 30th. Sorry, no idea who will be replacing him (but I've yet to run into a "bad" butler servicing the PH on Summit).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Chip is the current butler in 6147, however he's going on vacation July 30th. Sorry, no idea who will be replacing him (but I've yet to run into a "bad" butler servicing the PH on Summit).

I think I was the butler there once. I spent enough time there.

I know you've missed Maja but I've read that Manuela is excellent. If you're in "48" tell Judas and I Gusti that Janice says hello (I was on July 7th sailing). Enjoy and if you have a chance can you let me know who the Luminae Maitre'd is? I think Laurence left for vacation today. Enjoy!

We were lucky enough to see Maja today before she left!

I haven't really had much interaction with Manuela, so nonopinion on her yet.

Lucky enough to have Chip as our butler, he set up a beautiful sail away party for our family of 10 (others sailing with us in sky suites) We had Judah's last year and he was wonderful as well, so if I see him I will give him your regards.

A gentleman named Bruno is the Luminae Maureen d'

Having dinner in Qsine now, will check in later if I get a chance!

WE ARE MOVING NOW!

Capt Alex is taking us past Lady Liberty!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lucky enough to have Chip as our butler, he set up a beautiful sail away party for our family of 10 (others sailing with us in sky suites) We had Judah's last year and he was wonderful as well, so if I see him I will give him your regards.

WE ARE MOVING NOW!

Please tell Chip I said hello too. I've known him for about 4 years and saw him several times on the July 7th sailing. So glad you got to see Maja. She did tell me she was going to do the disembarkation today and then help with the embarkation. She is an absolute jewel and I think she is the most "genuine" Michaels Club concierge Ive ever met. Enjoy your week with your family.

I'll be very interested in your opinion of Manuela as I'll be back on the ship on Sept 3.

Thanks Janice but unfortunately we were on the wrong side of the fence today. We were just keeping a watchful eye on our favorite ship.

Oh well....one can always dream. Summit is my favorite ship too!!

Your clothes are perfect. Even formal night was more casual than formal. We were onboard around 11:15, were given a glass champagne and we were off to the buffet! Parking is $20.00 a day, and is right across the street from the terminal. We live on Staten Island so were dropped off but my neighbor used the garage. No problems. I believe it is indoor parking so the car will be okay! Any other questions feel free to ask.

We parked on level 4 (out of 5) and were at the end of the covered area. The rest of level 4 and level 5 were not covered. There is staff to explain to you about parking before you get to the parking gate. You take the ticket (sometime the guy pressed the button and gives it to you so you don't have to extend your hand too far). You take it with you on the cruise and remember where you put it because you need it to pay the parking fee after the cruise. There are a few pay stations just outside the entrance. If you pay cash, the machine does not take $100 bills. The credit card machine did not require any chip pin to be entered. You get the printed receipt and the validated parking ticket which you need to insert when you exit.

The $20/day parking charge includes all taxes and fees.

Manuela the Michaels club concierge that the problem is with a lifeboat.

One was lowered and they can't get it back up.

Well that's a bit scary now isn't it? :( If that lifeboat were assigned to my muster station, I would ask for a change to another muster!

why? They can't leave if it isn't fixed. If it's fixed, then there is no problem. How do you know if the one assigned to you was assigned to you? Lifeboats can only carry x number of people. If you insist on being reassigned (which is virtually impossible because it is all done by cabin number) the you would prefer someone else be relegated to the original lifeboat. I am most certain that no one would agree that you are of more value than anyone else.

WE ARE MOVING NOW!

Debbie,

Can you ask Chip if he will be returning to the Summit? I have cabin 6146 booked for the repositioning cruise on Oct 22nd. When I last spoke to Chip he said he would be back on. But would love to have this confirmed.

Truly appreciate your info.

Yes the welcome aboard Champagne/Mimosas are free to everyone during boarding. I often get more than one, there is a trick to that. ;p

Also go to the Captains Welcoming Toast in the Theatre, usually on the first formal night which more often than not is the 2nd night of the cruise. Plenty of Free drinks there! Go to both early and late seatings and you can really get hammered! :D.

You can also go to any Art Gallery/Boutique give away things where they will give you free champagne if you show interest. There are plenty of ways to get free drinks". Have fun discovering them all !! Just don't buy anything or that will make them not so free...:confused:

Note: The free drinks are not really of Premium quality, but it accomplishes it's goal.

Last time I encountered someone whose goal was to become drunk, was when I was 14.

why? They can't leave if it isn't fixed. If it's fixed, then there is no problem. How do you know if the one assigned to you was assigned to you? Lifeboats can only carry x number of people. If you insist on being reassigned (which is virtually impossible because it is all done by cabin number) the you would prefer someone else be relegated to the original lifeboat. I am most certain that no one would agree that you are of more value than anyone else.

Hummm, your antagonism is starting to show again Fish Lover. Mechanical issues with Life Boats may be a concern. :confused:

Hummm, your antagonism is starting to show again Fish Lover. Mechanical issues with Life Boats may be a concern. :confused:

antagonism? You are assigned a lifeboat by your cabin number. If the ship is sailing full, then there are no "extra" seats in any lifeboats.

If you found out, as you stated, when you sailed (even though the lifeboat must have been fixed, or you wouldn't be leaving port) that the lifeboat you were assigned to had been the one that needed repair...then you would want to be changed to another. This implies that you would have to swap with someone else. Who do you think they should swap in for you? Who deserves to be on the the "suspect" boat instead of you? Someone who swims better?

Debbie,

Can you ask Chip if he will be returning to the Summit? I have cabin 6146 booked for the repositioning cruise on Oct 22nd. When I last spoke to Chip he said he would be back on. But would love to have this confirmed.

Truly appreciate your info.

I will find out tomorrow when Chip returns from vacation and if he will be back on the Summit. Post when I get a chance.

antagonism? You are assigned a lifeboat by your cabin number. If the ship is sailing full, then there are no "extra" seats in any lifeboats.

Yes, there are extra seats available.

Even a modern cruise ship full to capacity with passengers and crews has extra lifecraft capacity. This way a non-working lifecraft during an emergency does not result in putting passengers at risk of not being able to safety leave the ship.

Yes, there are extra seats available.

Even a modern cruise ship full to capacity with passengers and crews has extra lifecraft capacity. This way a non-working lifecraft during an emergency does not result in putting passengers at risk of not being able to safety leave the ship.

Actually, sometimes when lifeboat capacity is filled, they will stop selling cabin space in the associated cabins. It does happen. So my question would still be, who would you suggest take your place?