Tough decision....Family Veranda or upgrade to Celebrity suite 8104?

SadieC

Celebrity management was able to come to the rescue and retrieve our booking after all.. Customer service by Carmen at Celebrity was wonderful.

Booked CS 8104 this afternoon, and let the FV go. Very much looking forward to experiencing the "suite" experience. and am so very thankful to all of you for your assistance!

P.S. Pardon my strange question....but can the butler provide a "happy hour" drink in our suite if asked? Never had a butler before. :D

Celebrity management was able to come to the rescue and retrieve our booking after all.. Customer service by Carmen at Celebrity was wonderful.

Booked CS 8104 this afternoon, and let the FV go. Very much looking forward to experiencing the "suite" experience. and am so very thankful to all of you for your assistance!

P.S. Pardon my strange question....but can the butler provide a "happy hour" drink in our suite if asked? Never had a butler before. :D

So pleased for you! So glad X managed to sort things.

Butlers do not deliver drinks to the room (they would need your room cards). If you do not have a drinks package you can have as many free drinks as you like in Michael's Club, however, and there is not usually any objection to you taking drinks back to your room (including water and soda).

Your butler will deliver tea and coffee at any time. Michael's Club serves afternoon tea daily. If you prefer this in your room they will sort it for you (small sandwiches, cream scones, little cakes....).

We did the Panama Canal last year on Infinity in a Celebrity suite. You will definitely enjoy the beautiful suite, all the extra space, the butler service and of course Luminae and Michael's Club. As others have stated the balcony for the CS on M-Class (like Infinity) is smaller than what you might expect. It was an add on after the ship was built. That being said, the CS has panoramic floor to ceiling windows. You will see that for the Panama Canal and surrounding ports, it is extremely hot and humid with frequent rain showers. You can enjoy the canal transit and scenery inside with the AC on and listen to the expert narration over your TV. You get an outstanding view from those windows. You will not miss the oversized balcony for this particular cruise.

We always have the mini frig emptied and stock it with waters, beers, and sodas that we pick up on the way back to our cabin.

We have had several Butler offer to get us cocktails by taking the number on our card, but we never take them up on the offer. We usually just take both cards and bring back two drinks.

Enjoy your suite, Luminae, and Michael's Club.

Yooohooo! Have an excellent time in your suite and be sure to check back in and let us know how you liked it!! I will probably never be able to afford a suite .. well, unless I decided to cruise once every 4 years instead of 4 times per year ... so will live vicariously through you! So glad to hear that Carmen was so helpful!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Glad the suite worked out for you. You will love it. My husband and I are only able to cruise together once a year, and back in 2014 after becoming empty nesters, we treated ourselves to our first suite. It's all he'll do now. As others have mentioned, Luminae and Michael's Club are wonderful. Make sure to have lunch in Luminae on embarkation day. :)

• 4 months later...

We stayed in the Celebrity suite with our two little ones (6 and 9.) it is smaller and doesn’t have the same balcony size, but the perks that come with the suite is worth it.

I’m curious about the table in the photo. We sailed on the Reflection. There was no dining table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We stayed in the Celebrity suite with our two little ones (6 and 9.) it is smaller and doesn’t have the same balcony size, but the perks that come with the suite is worth it.

I’m curious about the table in the photo. We sailed on the Reflection. There was no dining table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't go back through the posts to look at the photo but there is a dining table in Celebrity Suites on the M Class Ships but not S class. The photo is probably from a M class ship.