TV Show ... Below Deck

CruiseGal999

Love it for entertainment value. Don't care if it scripted - made up or ??? So much better than shows with violence and craziness. Even the news is annoying. The current season of Below Deck Mediterranean (ending soon) has had wonderful footage of Croatia.

Love it for entertainment value. Don't care if it scripted - made up or ??? So much better than shows with violence and craziness. Even the news is annoying. The current season of Below Deck Mediterranean (ending soon) has had wonderful footage of Croatia.

Totally agree. It is ENTERTAINMENT. Why these people keep saying it is scripted, is beyond me. ALL shows are scripted. It is a SHOW...just like every other show...EVEN the news. Lighten up folks. Geeeeeeezzzzzzzz

Totally agree. It is ENTERTAINMENT. Why these people keep saying it is scripted, is beyond me. ALL shows are scripted. It is a SHOW...just like every other show...EVEN the news. Lighten up folks. Geeeeeeezzzzzzzz

Well produced nature and travel shows are NOT scripted - they show what is there. Well produced news shows are objective and report facts - without editorializing . "REALITY" shows are supposed to show what REALLY happens in whatever sphere is supposedly being shown.

Most of them are cheesy soap operas - with casts of actors supposedly performing real functions. There is nothing wrong with someone wanting to watch cheesy soap operas for entertainment, but to pretend that there are real crews involved in serving real yacht charterers is kind of lame.

Anyone watch this program? I saw it mentioned here on CC but my search didn't show anything.

Wondering if people watch, and what they think.

Although it is yachting and not cruising, it is pretty entertaining. The guests run the gambit of crazy, rude, arrogant, obnoxious, and some are nice. Such hard work these workers go through.

I watched it a few times but can no longer find it on TV.

Most of them are cheesy soap operas - with casts of actors supposedly performing real functions. There is nothing wrong with someone wanting to watch cheesy soap operas for entertainment, but to pretend that there are real crews involved in serving real yacht charterers is kind of lame.

The Captain, cook, stewardesses and deckhands on Below Deck are real (yes - they are on a television show and may be acting a bit but theirs jobs are real). I checked out some of their backgrounds and they really do work on yachts (not only the ones shown on Below Deck).

While I do not believe they are scripted, some scenes are likely set up for the camera. Still, as I said, who cares? I love the show - my DH hasn't even watched it. To each his/her own.

The Captain, cook, stewardesses and deckhands on Below Deck are real (yes - they are on a television show and may be acting a bit but theirs jobs are real). I checked out some of their backgrounds and they really do work on yachts (not only the ones shown on Below Deck).

While I do not believe they are scripted, some scenes are likely set up for the camera. Still, as I said, who cares? I love the show - my DH hasn't even watched it. To each his/her own.

Yes, some of them may have worked on yachts, but not in the capacities, or at the levels of responsibility portrayed on the show.

And your apparent belief that the scenes are not scripted shows that you are part of the ideal audience for the producers/sponsors.

This show is heavily directed with frequent "retakes". The cast are essentially actors taking direction.

This must be the debate of the century.

Is it fake, or is it real?

Is it scripted, or is it 'au naturel'?

Are they real deck hands real, or are they actors?:rolleyes:

Guys, the real question is when will the captain/actor captain become the next White House Chief of Staff?

I hear the General's days are numbered!

This must be the debate of the century.

Is it fake, or is it real?

Is it scripted, or is it 'au naturel'?

Are they real deck hands real, or are they actors?:rolleyes:

Guys, the real question is when will the captain/actor captain become the next White House Chief of Staff?

I hear the General's days are numbered!

Uh oh. I have a feeling this thread is going to spin out of control. :rolleyes:

This show is heavily directed with frequent "retakes". The cast are essentially actors taking direction.

Tried to edit but was too late. Just wanted to add that I understand this from talking to folks in the business. I also agree with previous posts that it can be entertaining. So, let's all be happy, right? :D

I admit I watch all episodes of both; I try, but I can't look away. :D

Can't wait for the new season of the regular Below Deck in September. I 'trail after' Capt. Lee and Chef Ben on that other website.:p Fun to see them in real life. Ben and Emily were dating after the show, although it sounds like they might have just broken up.

I admit I watch all episodes of both; I try, but I can't look away. :D

Can't wait for the new season of the regular Below Deck in September. I 'trail after' Capt. Lee and Chef Ben on that other website.:p Fun to see them in real life. Ben and Emily were dating after the show, although it sounds like they might have just broken up.

Aw ...that's too bad. I liked Bemily.

bravo channel.tonite tues is last med episode. then its back to the caribbean

the show is fun to watch and the scenes from croatia are real as i was just there on the ncl spirit in june,

pretty silly of me as i looked for the yacht in split when i was there really knowing it was filmed in colder weather but i looked anyway.

My brother is a yacht captain and I asked him about the show, he has never seen it, BUT, he is a personal friend of Captain Sandy, who I really like also (on the show since I do NOT know her. He said she was always interested in acting was already a captain and signed up for the show. I think she did a great job. Yes I know it is all not real, but can be fun.

I watch primarily for the yachts and the places they go.

I know it's not real but it can be entertaining. I, too like Captain Lee and Ben. Not wild about the Med case this season so I've been watching sporadically.

I'll be watching the regular one for sure. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums