AOS - which dock in St. Thomas?

Wow! Does Crown Bay have an area where their tours leave from like Havensight does?

Yes, there will be people holding up signs for the NCCL tours just like at Havensight.

You won't have a problem. Enjoy! :D

All RC ships are now using Crown Bay.

I didn't realize that RCCL only docks at Crown Bay, now. It has been a while since I went to St. Thomas, so I have never docked there. I am so used to being near Havensight and walking distance to shopping and Paradise Point. Exactly where is Crown Bay in relation to the Havensight area docks? We sail this Sunday (Aug. 6th). I may have to adjust my strategy.

Thanks for the information.

I didn't realize that RCCL only docks at Crown Bay, now. It has been a while since I went to St. Thomas, so I have never docked there. I am so used to being near Havensight and walking distance to shopping and Paradise Point. Exactly where is Crown Bay in relation to the Havensight area docks? We sail this Sunday (Aug. 6th). I may have to adjust my strategy.

http://www.**********/cruise/getting-around-dock-info/ The missing letters are v i n o w . c o m instead of the asterisks. I have no idea why CC's software is deleting the letters.

http://www.**********/cruise/things-to-do-while-in-port/

https://www.whatsinport.com/Saint-Thomas.htm

The other side of a very wide bay.

What is the best free beach closest to Crown Bay? How much is it per person for a taxi?

Zero (if you don't include the ferry charge). Walk right out of the entrance to the Crown Bay marina grocery (large wine department by the way). Walk right to the bar at the end of the pier. Take the Water Island ferry across to the large island behind you for about $6. Walk straight ahead over small hill and then slight angle right down to water to Honeymoon Bay beach. Calm, sandy and mostly deserted except on weekends. Some cruise ship tours come here but that is it. Last time we were there the only other people were the two guys stocking the bar for the weekend.

The website that covers this is a travel agent and not allowed on Cruise Critic. But you can do a search for Water Island.

Crown Bay is about 1 1/2 miles west of Charlotte Amalie shopping and a $5-6 truck-cab ride into town. There are other beaches and hotels over the ridge to the left of the port but it is a long walk. The port facility has pretty limited shopping and a lot of iguanas.

Edited by LeeW
more