All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

Did this itinery last year and boarded around 3.

We had a great hotel the night before (La Concha), asked for late check out as the pools and beach were so nice there.

By the time we boarded the lines were small, our cabin was ready and snacks were still available.

If you aren’t spending extra time in San Juan and haven’t been, definitely spend some time exploring the city and forts.

Sailing again April 1st!

Does anyone have any pictures or preferably a video of Stateroom 9656 since the overhaul? I'm really on the fence weather or not to keep this room or downgrade to a 1 bedroom?

Actually, any video or pics of the 2 bedroom owners suite will do, I know there are only 3 of them on the ship!

Thanks!

Does anyone have any pictures or preferably a video of Stateroom 9656 since the overhaul? I'm really on the fence weather or not to keep this room or downgrade to a 1 bedroom?

Actually, any video or pics of the 2 bedroom owners suite will do, I know there are only 3 of them on the ship!

Thanks!

Bump

We are sailing on Jewel OTS in about 20 days and are flying in the day before. We were originally staying at the Hilton Caribe' but it was damaged in the hurricane and still won't be ready for guests when we arrive. I do have to say I'm pleased with Hilton's customer service, the Diamond desk called me right away with the news of our damaged hotel and options to change our location with no additional charges and extra points for the inconvenience. Awesome customer service Hilton!!

We will be landing in SJU around 1300 the day before our cruise embarks and staying downtown. Any ideas on what to do while we are in SJU?

According to our documents the ship does not leave until 1930, what time should we embark? I have not done an evening departure cruise in over 10 years and kind of rusty on the subject. I know we don't want to get there too early and be waiting in the long lines and waiting for our cabin to be ready. I'm not a fan of dragging my bags around for hours on vacation, we do that for work lol.

Embarkation day is getting closer!! Very excited!!

... We will be landing in SJU around 1300 the day before our cruise embarks and staying downtown. Any ideas on what to do while we are in SJU? ...

Visit the forts, Bacardi factory tour, shop and dine in Old San Juan.

Check out the San Juan forum for other ideas: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Greetings all and thanks for all of the great information on this thread.

We are doing a Southern Caribbean cruise in April, and it will be our 2nd on the Jewel of the Seas. She may be our favorite vessle and am looking forward to another wonderful trip.

A few questions for those who have recently sailed on her...

1. Has there been any significant changes since February 2015, when we were last on her?

2. Does anyone know if Kevin and Eric are still bartending in the schooner lounge? They were awesome 3 years ago.

3. Our cabin is the far port side on deck 8, aft view. Does anyone know if the balcony actually goes around to the port side or is it too tight to squeeze in.

Thanks in advance and cheers.

-F-

We are doing a Southern Caribbean cruise in April, and it will be our 2nd on the Jewel of the Seas. She may be our favorite vessle and am looking forward to another wonderful trip.

A few questions for those who have recently sailed on her...

1. Has there been any significant changes since February 2015, when we were last on her?

2. Does anyone know if Kevin and Eric are still bartending in the schooner lounge? They were awesome 3 years ago.

3. Our cabin is the far port side on deck 8, aft view. Does anyone know if the balcony actually goes around to the port side or is it too tight to squeeze in.

Thanks in advance and cheers.

-F-

About the only features you may not have had back in 2015 would have been the pool big screen, pervasive WiFi, Izumi instead Seaview, Giovanni's instead of Portofino.

Thanks!

I am sailing in that same room this week. I will provide images after the sailing. There exists a video on You tube currently that is pretty accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

-F-

What date are you sailing?

What time does the MDR open? Is it not until 6pm? I reserved my time for 6pm which was earliest I could find, but that is quite late for us. On Oasis we were able to get 5pm. My fear is my wife and kids will want to go to the buffet every night rather than wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What time does the MDR open? Is it not until 6pm? I reserved my time for 6pm which was earliest I could find, but that is quite late for us. On Oasis we were able to get 5pm. My fear is my wife and kids will want to go to the buffet every night rather than wait.

April 2017 we were on the Jewel and had MTD at 5:30 each evening. That was the earliest. When I made the reservations online 6:00 PM was the earliest I could reserve for. Once I was onboard the Jewel I went up to the MTD podium and asked about a certain table for two (location) and at that time I was advised of the 5:30 time. We had the same table and time for both legs of our B2B cruise.

April 2017 we were on the Jewel and had MTD at 5:30 each evening. That was the earliest. When I made the reservations online 6:00 PM was the earliest I could reserve for. Once I was onboard the Jewel I went up to the MTD podium and asked about a certain table for two (location) and at that time I was advised of the 5:30 time. We had the same table and time for both legs of our B2B cruise.

Perfect will check onboard, thanks!

So can anyone tell me what the diamond lounge is like? What kind of drinks are you able to get? I know that some of the ships can offer a chocolate martini - is the Jewel one of them?

So can anyone tell me what the diamond lounge is like? What kind of drinks are you able to get? I know that some of the ships can offer a chocolate martini - is the Jewel one of them?

No issues for us with the DL. We like it. Seapass card access. Even has windows. We've always been able to get seats. My wife has wine and I will alternate between wine and beer. Snacks (appetizers) are set up buffet style but are not a biggie for us as we have early MTD dining.

Anyone have a recent Compass for the 7 day out of San Juan?

We are sailing March 4th and this will be our first time with Royal Caribbean and our first time doing a Southern Caribbean itinerary.

Which islands are you doing?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Anyone have a recent Compass for the 7 day out of San Juan?

We are sailing March 4th and this will be our first time with Royal Caribbean and our first time doing a Southern Caribbean itinerary.

We're on the same sailing. I'd also like to see it. I looked at the ones on the recent Brilliance post, but a completely different itinerary.