All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

Good news everyone. Jewel of the Seas is in St Martin today. I THINK this is its first time back. I hope people on board relate their experiences here or in another thread. Off to search for that.

We were there on 12/26/17! I posted my review in a couple of places. Bottom line is that you can absolutely have a great, safe day!

Renee

Yes. It is on my compass for day 6' date=' which was the day before our sea day.

Renee[/quote']

Renee,

We’re sailing on the 21st. Do you have a link to your review and Cruise Compasses? I’d appreciate it🛳🌴

Greg

Just got off the Jewel on 12/31/17. Does anyone have any questions?

Renee

Yes, how is Puerto Rico? We are staying there 1 night before and 2 nights after the cruise and worried about finding a hotel. Saw on Ellen Ricky Martin said that 53% of the area still doesn’t have any electrical. Not sure who to trust to find a place.

Great thread. We are sailing on Jewel 1/21 from San Juan flying in day of staying out on Condado at the AC afterwards and flying home Monday since Delta nixed our Sunday flight. Excited and a little nervous to try RC again, we did Grandeur several years ago (post fire) and it was ok but have been sailing on Celebrity a few years now .Think Jewel may be a good ship to get a good experience on RC again.

I dont see a lot of talk about the Spa or Thermal suites on Jewel? Is it b/c the itineraries are so port intensive they dont get used alot? Or are they sub par?

Thermal suites were removed on Jewel over a year ago.

Yes, how is Puerto Rico? We are staying there 1 night before and 2 nights after the cruise and worried about finding a hotel. Saw on Ellen Ricky Martin said that 53% of the area still doesn’t have any electrical. Not sure who to trust to find a place.

I don't know if this constitutes a tip or not, but if you find a place you are inertested, check to see if they have a Facebook page. Sometimes the people at the 800 number back at corporate don't know as much as the people updating the businesses on their Facebook page.

Call the hotel (s) directly you are interested in staying at.

Renee,

We’re sailing on the 21st. Do you have a link to your review and Cruise Compasses? I’d appreciate it🛳🌴

Greg

I HAVE the Compasses, but I don't seem to be able to put them on CC. I don't have a scanner, and when I take a picture, it it too big. I've asked my roll call for help.

If you have any questions, I can look at the Compass.

Renee

I HAVE the Compasses' date=' but I don't seem to be able to put them on CC. I don't have a scanner, and when I take a picture, it it too big. I've asked my roll call for help.

If you have any questions, I can look at the Compass.

Renee[/quote']

What night is Formal night? Any recommendations for must see entertainment?

Thank you,

Greg🌴

I loved Jewel. I think the best ship I have been on to date.

Here is a link to photographs and a video tour of the ship from our cruise in April this year in Southern Caribbean.

The video is very, very shaky and I have since bought stabilisation but you can see most areas I could access on the ship.

http://www.modernlifeisgood.com/2017/05/24/jewel-of-the-seas-tour-photo-video-walk-through/

Thanks for the video. I saw ppl with jackets, was it cold? Yikes wasn't planning on packing sweaters or jackets

Thanks for starting this thread BillOh! Fellow buckeye here and we just booked Jewel for October, 2019 Mediterranean/Greek isle. So looking forward to filling this thread.

You're welcome neighbor, We will board her again in just over 100 days.

Hi there! Thanks for this thread. I booked sort of last minute while on the Anthem last month for Christmas.

This is my first time on this class of ship, and first time doing the San Juan/Southern Caribbean itinerary.

I was wondering about Embarkation the first day. What time would you suggest boarding?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi there! Thanks for this thread. I booked sort of last minute while on the Anthem last month for Christmas.

This is my first time on this class of ship, and first time doing the San Juan/Southern Caribbean itinerary.

I was wondering about Embarkation the first day. What time would you suggest boarding?

This will be my 4th time leaving from San Juan, and we normally arrive just before noon. There’s usually a line, but it moves fast. Once we’re onboard, we grab a bite at the Windjammer, and explore a bit, and by that time, cabins are usually ready. :)

I'm in the be the first onboard get the most out of the first day crowd, but if you have never been to San Juan before, stay in Old San Juan and get a 1-2pm taxi and enjoy the morning and early afternoon there.

I'm in the be the first onboard get the most out of the first day crowd, but if you have never been to San Juan before, stay in Old San Juan and get a 1-2pm taxi and enjoy the morning and early afternoon there.

Agreed! Start your cruise off as early as you can!