All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

We use on of these multi port outlets,too. 3 USB and 3 power outlets. We've got a lot to keep charged, too, and this worked great: iphone, ipad, Galaxy notebook, insuling mini-fridge/cooler. That multi port charger came in very handy.

We (from the UK) sailed earlier this month and i'd heard of power extensions being confiscated. (We didn't see any evidence of this going through security.), so we took a single USB plug with 4 ports, and a euro adapter.

This worked very well, but there was only a single euro plug in the room, all others were US standards.

the room attendent unplugged our 4 port USB EVERY day! :evilsmile:Not great when you've left something on charge.

Any recent cruisers on Jewel have any complaints or comments on the softness/hardness of the beds? We're in a Jr Suite on our Feb 2019 cruise and I'm wondering if I'll need to order a mattress topper.(If they still provide them).

TIA!

I have experienced some really hard beds recently, and having had spinal fusion surgery, I really feel them. My bed on Jewel was fine - 9256 last May.

Hello! First post for my first cruise in September 2019!

Just a bit confused by what restaurants are available on the Jewel so hoping someone can help please?

The website (images hopefully attached) shows a Mexican restaurant called Sabor. However, the deck plans for March 2019 onwards doesn’t show it?

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/jewel-of-the-seas/

e53a8214-dbc9-450b-a91c-ddc6cf3cff0d

Edited by misslottie
Photo now showing so added web link to page

Hello! First post for my first cruise in September 2019!

Just a bit confused by what restaurants are available on the Jewel so hoping someone can help please?

The website (images hopefully attached) shows Giovanni’s Table and a Mexican restaurant called Sabor. However, the deck plans for March 2019 onwards don’t show them?

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/jewel-of-the-seas/

e53a8214-dbc9-450b-a91c-ddc6cf3cff0d

Jewel has Chops, Giovanni's, and Izumi. There is also a complimentary snack venue in the Solarium.

I have experienced some really hard beds recently, and having had spinal fusion surgery, I really feel them. My bed on Jewel was fine - 9256 last May.

Same here. Had Fusion and stayed in 9256/8168 200nites on Jewel, Serenade and Brilliance. Beds great last 2 years, firm but not hard as before. Doing Jewel E&W Panama Canal B2B in 8168, assume will be same...

Jewel has Chops, Giovanni's, and Izumi. There is also a complimentary snack venue in the Solarium.

Thank you. I did think it was odd that the summary should mention it as per the link as there’s no mention I could find anywhere else at all.

Same here. Had Fusion and stayed in 9256/8168 200nites on Jewel, Serenade and Brilliance. Beds great last 2 years, firm but not hard as before. Doing Jewel E&W Panama Canal B2B in 8168, assume will be same...

I think Royal has gotten the word that their newer beds are too hard, I used the special needs email to request a mattress topper for my upcoming cruise. The reply I got was, "All mattresses now come with a double mattress pad. Egg crates toppers are no longer available for sanitary reasons."

Thank you for this. My daughter just had spinal surgery and will need a softer bed. I read on another thread that Royal is putting double mattress toppers on the beds now. Although not as good as the egg crates, which apparently they have eliminated, it should help. (Fingers crossed).

Would be great if they all had the Kummelweck...

That’s weird... roast beef sandwiches avail last Aug/Sept on my sailing. Have they changed?

Oh yeah .... right.... I forgot....

“RCI”

Really Consistently Inconsistent

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
On 3/18/2018 at 3:38 PM, travelbug11 said:

We'll be on Jewel for the Panama Canal February 25 , 2019 cruise. Can's wait to see her again. She my favorite ship and Radiance is my favorite class of ship.

Me, too!  Can’t wait.

First time on Jewel in Feb.  Any hints that passengers can use to identify which way to the bow or which way to the stern, other than looking out a window?  I get lost so easily!  

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MsYukon said:

First time on Jewel in Feb.  Any hints that passengers can use to identify which way to the bow or which way to the stern, other than looking out a window?  I get lost so easily!  

Thanks in advance.

I beleve rhe Jewel has electronic signboards near rhe elevators letting you know which way is front and aft and there are signs on each floor lobby indicating port and starboard.

• Like 1