Shorter cruise in a full suite

moosenaroundtheship

Vancouver to LA we got minibar, stationary, orchids, free specialty dining first night and some kind of canapes, fruit bowl, and breakfasts. No formal night stuff. Double points toward Elite for something like $240 each plus shareholder and military OBC. Pretty much everything on the suite list: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

One of the reasons we did not take an upsell to a suite on a 3-day cruise was that the breakfast isn't served the last day. We would have only been getting the special breakfast at Sabatini's on two out of the three days.

When I sailed on the Golden Princess in a Window Suite for 3 nights Sydney-Melbourne I received:

• the personalised stationery
  • a pen
  • 2 leather card wallets (very handy for my cruise card with the Soda and More sticker, I could flip the wallet open to show the bartender, and Muster Drill was easy to scan the card)
  • fruit bowl
  • don't remember about the orchid sorry
  • Sabatini's breakfast for 2 day-delicious
  • free laundry-just make sure you put it out by 9.00am, or it's a day later
  • the mini bar
  • canapes on the 1st night-Chef's Selection and seemed to be a sample of what was available and very nice too
  • I enjoyed the Platinum/Elite/Suite function held in Skywalker's Bar, if you're prone to seasickness please don't look out the window, Bass Strait was rocking and rolling on the Saturday night and I stupidly looked out at the waves and started to feel a little queasy! My own stupidity, I hadn't taken medication on the Saturday as I felt all right-I learnt a sharp lesson on being overconfident!
  • The special line at the Passenger Services Desk was very useful when I had a query.
  • Bed was extremely comfortable, I settled quickly and slept right through the night, I'm usually up at least once a night.
  • Nice toiletries in a little gold mesh bag, I'm still enjoying the lotion.

HTH. I was a Blue card holder in a Suite but no one seemed to treat me any differently, all staff were respectful, eager to help and my steward quickly learnt my needs and was very good at placing the nightly chocolates on a contrasting surface-I am Legally Blind so only 10 per cent vision, and he also did the Nightly Turn Down when I was in the Suite and could see where he'd placed the chocolates. I gave him a Consumate Host nomination and showed him what I'd written about his help and talent for anticipating my needs, and explaining what he'd done.

One of the reasons we did not take an upsell to a suite on a 3-day cruise was that the breakfast isn't served the last day. We would have only been getting the special breakfast at Sabatini's on two out of the three days.

Although that is correct you can have room service the last morning which is wonderful not having to fight the crowds in the buffet with your luggage.