Do you decorate your cabin for the holidays? ❓❓❓

Jiminy1955

The stateroom you occupy is the property of someone else - show some respect to the owners who are allowing you to use it.

Technically, they are renting the cabin to you for the duration of the cruise. It is a commercial transaction. I'm sure that, somewhere buried in that cruise contract that nobody reads, the cruise line reserves the right to charge the renter for any damages incurred.

So OP, decorate to your hearts content, but be aware you might get a bill afterwards. As spookwife said, it could be a big bill $$. You might plan to take off the door decorations gently but others may cause damage ripping them off your door in the middle of the night. How much $ is it worth to you to have those decorations up for your holiday?

BTW, I am not a door or cabin decorator.

We were on Carnival's Ecstacy last Halloween and we're told it was the last cruise that allowed your own decorations. They only allow fire resistant deco.which they sell on ship. I guess if you kept things in the original packages that say fire resistant on them that would be OK. But I would check first.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

I did decorate my cabin! Didn't have anything that I wouldn't have at home. Having said that . . . We decorated the door and the cabin with things that could be held or hung up with magnets. Since it was Our Anniversary, and My Birthday DH had more cabin deco put up by ship's shop, their deco used magnets also

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

People get their shorts in a knot over the dumbest things. The OP asked a legit question then gets lectured about damaging property. I understand why I visit this website less and less these days. Way to many folks who just want to lecture others. :rolleyes:

People get their shorts in a knot over the dumbest things. The OP asked a legit question then gets lectured about damaging property. I understand why I visit this website less and less these days. Way to many folks who just want to lecture others. :rolleyes:

Some things never change on CC. :eek:

Wow. I wasn't even thinking of doing anything that would or could possibly damage property in our cabin. Like I said something simple. Maybe garland put up with magnets that kind of thing and we don't decorate our cabin doors. As far as staying home that won't happen. I asked a simple question. But thank you all for your input.

Yes, you can decorate your cabin. Go for it! So many automatically assume that decorations are synonymous with destruction. Not true. Even Princess puts balloons and or signs on their passengers' doors for special occasions. Royal Caribbean sells decoration special occasion packages to decorate cabins. If it were so verboten, cruise lines wouldn't sell packages.

Have a wonderful cruise, and make sure to post a pic of the decorations. :D

people get their shorts in a knot over the dumbest things. The op asked a legit question then gets lectured about damaging property. I understand why i visit this website less and less these days. Way to many folks who just want to lecture others. :rolleyes:

+1.

Yes, you can decorate your cabin. Go for it! So many automatically assume that decorations are synonymous with destruction. Not true. Even Princess puts balloons and or signs on their passengers' doors for special occasions. Royal Caribbean sells decoration special occasion packages to decorate cabins. If it were so verboten, cruise lines wouldn't sell packages.

Have a wonderful cruise, and make sure to post a pic of the decorations. :D

Thanks!! 😁

Never have. Never will.

I pack extremely light and don't take non essentials ever

Fwiw I would never cruise over Halloween or Christmas either

So it's early January or oct/nov but not over Halloween

The only exception to this rule is April 2018 when we embark on Easter Sunday due to kids schedules

So in that case we are celebrating easter on Palm Sunday. Bunny and all. My kids are 17 to 27 btw. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Always on our Christmas cruises! We are rarely at home for Christmas , often on a cruise and I take easy pack stuff with me. Friends have given us collapsible re usable decorations. Our room is like santa's grotto! The boys and girls who deliver our breakfast morning tea love it.

I put some tinsel round our door, makes it easily recognisable. Blue tak on the walls leaves no marks if it is there for just a few days.

I have a mini tree with battery operated lights. Ok, it takes up a bit of room in my case, but only the space of a pair of flip flops so no biggie.

I say decorate, have fun and entertain other passengers as they pass by. Life is too short to be grumpy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's not "dumb" to issue some caution. Here's a 2011 post made by a board member who is also an industry insider:

Originally posted by BruceMuzz

The Christmas Cruise has just started on my ship.

So far we have found 4 different cabins whose occupants plastered adhesive Christmas decorations on the walls. We will probably find more this week.

The adhesive has an orange/red dye in it that has seeped into the wall panels.

No chemical onboard the ship will remove the dye without destroying the wall panels.

We have already ordered replacement wall panels from Germany.

Until those panels arrive two or three months from now, every passenger sailing in those cabins gets to stare at large orange letters spelling HO HO HO across the wall, as well as large orange blotches everywhere else.

As per the passage contract that nobody ever reads, passengers are responsible for any damage they cause to their cabin.

One of the cabins has already been charged $7,000.

The other 3 cabins will be charged $5,000 each.

If my cruise isn't actually during Christmas, then wouldn't even think of it. We did one Christmas cruise, and I made and packed a three-sided felt tree, about 2 feet tall, that was packed flat at the bottom of my suitcase. I packed a small fabric star, and a short string of battery lights that we only turned on a few evenings when we were in the cabin. It was important to us to have some personal sign of Christmas. We didn't do anything else decorative, though I did make a holiday playlist.

Years ago, we used to cruise at Christmas -- before families discovered how nice it was to cruise during this holiday.

We did have a small Christmas with a battery powered set of lights, ornaments, etc. The only time the tree was on was when we were in the cabin -- or so I thought.

After breakfast one morning we wanted to get something from our cabin and as we approached our cabin we noticed the door ajar and knew that the cabin steward was making up the cabin. So we decided to just walk on by -- but as we passed the cabin door, we were surprised to see the tree on and our cabin steward humming. Later when we went back -- the tree was off. We never said a word to him. We just let him enjoy the tree while he worked.

We love to cruise in December and this last cruise we decorated our door. We used magnets, so no damage. Even had battery lights. My wonderful husband got the lights that had a timer, and we turned them on every night before we went to dinner. Our cabin steward had mentioned how much she enjoyed seeing them everyday. Several of our "neighbors" even commented how cute! Sadly, during the cruise, the Santa that we had on the door disappeared. At the end of the cruise, we asked our cabin steward if she wanted the decorations, she was so excited. She told us that the ship had a contest for the best decorated door for the crew.

I say, if you want to decorate, go for it! The entire door is magnetic and you can find really cute things at any dollar store and just add the magnets.

Wow. I wasn't even thinking of doing anything that would or could possibly damage property in our cabin. Like I said something simple. Maybe garland put up with magnets that kind of thing and we don't decorate our cabin doors. As far as staying home that won't happen. I asked a simple question. But thank you all for your input.

People decorate doors. They use command strips magnets or that blue putty. People decorate doors even when it is not a holiday. I enjoy looking at the decorated doors. I always put something on my door so I can find it easily