Do you decorate your cabin for the holidays? ❓❓❓

Jiminy1955

I, and my BFF (without our husbands) clear.png?emoji-smile-1742, will be on the Carnival Vista this year December 2-10. My question is do you decorate your cabin for the Christmas season? If you do what do you use and/or how do you decorate yours? I want to do something, nothing elaborate, I just want it to be a little festive. 🎄🎁

Last 2 Decembers we cruised and there were a number of people who put cute things on their doors. Not most passengers, but some. I thought most were cute. Remember anything outside your door can easily be taken, so don't spend too much and be sad if it walks away (with someone). Like some even had battery operated lights on their doors.

We did not and would probably only decorate if my grandkids were going with us.

I, and my BFF (without our husbands) clear.png?emoji-smile-1742, will be on the Carnival Vista this year December 2-10. My question is do you decorate your cabin for the Christmas season? If you do what do you use and/or how do you decorate yours? I want to do something, nothing elaborate, I just want it to be a little festive. 🎄🎁

Never

Nope. Not going to deface someone else's property with my decorations. It's not my cabin - it's the cruise line's. I wouldn't want guests defacing my home with their own decorations, and I don't do it to others. Can't understand why people would even think such a thing is OK. If someone needs to be festive for Christmas, they should stay home and decorate their own place, not someone else's.

Wow. I wasn't even thinking of doing anything that would or could possibly damage property in our cabin. Like I said something simple. Maybe garland put up with magnets that kind of thing and we don't decorate our cabin doors. As far as staying home that won't happen. I asked a simple question. But thank you all for your input.

I have never decorated our cabin for any occasion, although DH has occasionally ordered flowers, being the romantic devil that he is.

- I won't waste the space in my suitcase.

-There's precious little space in cabins as it is. I don't need it to look any more cluttered.

- most stuff intended for walls/doors/windows is tacky, IMO

- if I need a reminder that it's Christmas time, all I have to do is walk into any public area on the ship.

-YMMV

Always cruise the early part of December. Always bring a little 10" Christmas Tree and a very small nativity set. Have given them to Christian room stewards who were thrilled to have something for their tiny quarters for the Christmas Season. We hardly damage the cabin like some seem to be implying.

Always cruise the early part of December. Always bring a little 10" Christmas Tree and a very small nativity set. Have given them to Christian room stewards who were thrilled to have something for their tiny quarters for the Christmas Season. We hardly damage the cabin like some seem to be implying.

Thank you, this is the kind of answer I was hoping for! Great idea both the tree & nativity. I pack lighter these days & those wouldn't take up much room at all.

We don't decorate, but there are people who do.

You can search CC and find lots of comments about things "not to use", like tape and warnings about being charged if you damage things....

We often travel for the holidays and we do not decorate because the space in the room is just way too small with 4 of us in there. If we were in a mini suite or suite, then I might bring a few small things because there would be space but we just don't spend very much time in our rooms.

If you want to decorate, go for it. If its something that will make your trip more enjoyable, enjoy decorating iy. Just be prepared for things like items on your door might get stolen or damaged. The indoor walls are magnetic as well, so there is the possibility to decorate quite a bit.

Enjoy your cruise

We don't decorate, but there are people who do.

You can search CC and find lots of comments about things "not to use", like tape and warnings about being charged if you damage things....

We often travel for the holidays and we do not decorate because the space in the room is just way too small with 4 of us in there. If we were in a mini suite or suite, then I might bring a few small things because there would be space but we just don't spend very much time in our rooms.

If you want to decorate, go for it. If its something that will make your trip more enjoyable, enjoy decorating iy. Just be prepared for things like items on your door might get stolen or damaged. The indoor walls are magnetic as well, so there is the possibility to decorate quite a bit.

Enjoy your cruise

Thank you!

I don't really think hanging a few decorations will damage anything. :rolleyes:

I see damage all the time from people who used tape to attach decorations to outside walls and doors. So, yes, depending on what is used, hanging a few decorations could indeed damage the surfaces of walls, ceiling and furniture.

Being respectful of the owners of the ship, I would never attach decorations to any of the surfaces for fear of causing even the slightest damage. I guess it's just a silly quirk my parents taught me.

Edited by SantaFeFan

We stretch a string of battery powered mini LED lights around the mirror. Using painters tape stuck a picture of a Christmas tree on the outside cabin door.

And on Christmas morning, left a generic Seasons Greeting card with $$ for our steward when we left for breakfast. ( Don't you trolls beat on me that perhaps the steward doesn't celebrate Christmas, yada, yada, yada).

Later, our steward hugged us in tears that she was missing being with her children during the holidays.

You decorate your home during the holidays, your cabin is your home away from home.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

You decorate your home during the holidays, your cabin is your home away from home.

You don't own the room you are in on a cruise, so it is NOT your "home away from home". It is someone else's property, and should be treated as such. You can do whatever you want with your own home since you are fully responsible for it, including repairs from damage decorations may cause. Plus, there will be someone else who will be occupying your room in a few days, and I am sure they wouldn't appreciate any marks or damage you may cause with your decorations.

The stateroom you occupy is the property of someone else - show some respect to the owners who are allowing you to use it.

I don't decorate our cabin as a rule, don't feel the need. However, I did bring a few bits and bobs from home for our Christmas cruise. I bought a tiny tree and decorated it with some bead garlands. I will admit that I often had to stand it up again, as the weather was pretty rough on some days, but that took only a few moments.

I spend more time in my cabin, due to medical problems, than many people. It was nice to have something a little Christmassy there.

IMHO, the only thing you need to be careful about is potentially causing damage to the cabin. I can think of many things you can do without risking this. Other than that, it is just a matter of personal preference.

When I cruise in December I go to the dollar store and buy a couple of sheets of window cling decorations and put them on the mirrors or glass doors to the balcony and after the cruise I take them down and put back on the sheet they came on and reuse the next year. They are flat and don't take up any room in the suitcase. The dollar store also has some small flat sparkly decorations suitable for hanging on the door if you glue magnets on the back of them. None of these harm or destroy the ship property and do not take up room in a suitcase.

I don't really think hanging a few decorations will damage anything. :rolleyes:

actually, the stuff used to secure these decorations has been known to stain the walls/wallpaper or doors and then you get charged a hefty fee. even the command hooks which are supposedly safe have done this.

or they fasten them to the ceiling fixtures( including the fire suppression system) and cause damage there.