No Red Frog Pub on Horizon

LJN22

Am I in some Twilight Zone here?

Don't answer that!

Wasn't it announced weeks ago that the ship would have the Teppanyaki restaurant instead?

I just don't know why people are so indignant about Carnival not telling everyone what they're putting on the newest ship.

Do you really book (or not book) based on what dining venues or bars the ship has? :rolleyes:

Horizon TA will be my 28th on Carnival, 33rd cruise overall. While I enjoy having some variety, I'm just fine on an old Fantasy-class ship with nothing "extra" except the deli and pizza place! And I can find a drink at any bar!

Like I said back in post #33, what's wrong with a little variety between the ships?

Don't answer that!

Wasn't it announced weeks ago that the ship would have the Teppanyaki restaurant instead?

I just don't know why people are so indignant about Carnival not telling everyone what they're putting on the newest ship.

Do you really book (or not book) based on what dining venues or bars the ship has? :rolleyes:

Horizon TA will be my 28th on Carnival, 33rd cruise overall. While I enjoy having some variety, I'm just fine on an old Fantasy-class ship with nothing "extra" except the deli and pizza place! And I can find a drink at any bar!

Like I said back in post #33, what's wrong with a little variety between the ships?

I agree with you Joan. I can be just as happy on a Fantasy class ship as one of the newer ships and everything in between!! Ship, ocean, drink, food I'm good to go!!

Don't answer that!

I guess I am missing the connection between teppanyaki and Red Frog. They are in different spots of the ship and one is a bar and one is a restaurant. I don't think I read me or others being indignant, my point was that we enjoyed the RFP on our sailings and in fact was/is one of our favorite things in the ships that have them and in fact are usually pretty full before and after dinner and later in the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess I am missing the connection between teppanyaki and Red Frog. They are in different spots of the ship and one is a bar and one is a restaurant. I don't think I read me or others being indignant, my point was that we enjoyed the RFP on our sailings and in fact was/is one of our favorite things in the ships that have them and in fact are usually pretty full before and after dinner and later in the evening.

I agree. I started this post and I only did it because I was surprised that the newest ship was not going to have a RFP. To me the ship is the best part of the cruise. You rarely spend enough time at a port to know what the place is really like. I like the ships. I am booked on the Horizon in July and I love the RFP. It won't ruin my cruise, but I was just shocked that Carnival didn't include one on this ship. It is such a point of interest on the Vista with the brewery and all.

I was surprised how empty RFP was at night. The guitar player was amazing. It seemed liked like the only draw there was karaoke. I would love to see a brew house concept like on NCL. They could keep the brewery if they did.

Yeah I do. And?

If there are venues that I’ve come to like that make my vacation a little more enjoyable such as the Steakhouse, Cucina Del Capitano, Guys Burgers/Blue Iguana, RFP, etc, and I choose to only sail on ships that have all of those things, what exactly is the problem? More space for you on those other ships.

People are so judgmental about things that really don’t matter. Everyone is allowed to vacation the way they want.

Yeah I do. And?

If there are venues that I’ve come to like that make my vacation a little more enjoyable such as the Steakhouse, Cucina Del Capitano, Guys Burgers/Blue Iguana, RFP, etc, and I choose to only sail on ships that have all of those things, what exactly is the problem? More space for you on those other ships.

People are so judgmental about things that really don’t matter. Everyone is allowed to vacation the way they want.

Exactly. I enjoy Red Frog and all of the 2.0 upgrades and glad to see how Carnival is converting most of their ship to add some or all of the 2.0 features. I'm fine with variety but a ship with nothing new to offer is not for me, so there are some ships I will not book. Judge all you want. I don't care how many cruises you've been on.

There was nothing wrong with your post.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If is true that the Horizon does not have a RFP that is a big mistake on CCL's part. I was there several nights while on the Breeze it is good place to hang out and meet people. However the band was so loud you could no converse.

Gary

Sadly, it is true.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I knew a branding deal was in the works. I am happy that Fieri will sponsor a full BBQ rig on the ship. Much more important than a microbrewery. I am not sure how they will provision the eatery for the Barcelona sailings, but I will bring my bbq bib and a box of industrial wet-naps in anticipation.

More space dedicated and more money to be made with al la cart pricing except for embarkation day and 2 hours of sea days.

[emoji389][emoji389][emoji389] well done carnival!

If they have no good place to put the cover band as a result of this will consider it as another reason to avoid the ship.

Not happy that comedy club is way to small for number of passengers

"Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse Brewhouse is one of a handful of "new to the line" features debuting on Carnival Horizon -- including its recently announced Teppanyaki restaurant. The ship also will boast Carnival staples such as Guy's Burger Joint, the BlueIguana Cantina and Tequila Bar, as well as the RedFrog Pub & Brewery, SkyRide and IMAX movie theater unveiled on Carnival Vista."

But the article then says that it will have a RedFrog Pub and Brewery? Is that a typo? Did they mean the Rum bar thats not listed?

Edited by Nomad_Cruiser
typo

All the cheerleaders that say Carnival doesn't nickle and dime are awfully quiet. RF was a great place. Never tried the food in RF but can't say I saw many buying the food either. Maybe that's the reason they switched it up. P&A is not that great, just like the rest of GF restaurants. Didn't like the Vista overall so just another reason to stay away from the Horizon.

The current pig & anchor set up is only available on sea days. Not sure about embarkation day. The set-up on the Horizon will provide a sampling of the items buffet style, which should make the food a bit quicker to obtain versus the current set-up on those ships that have pig & anchor currently. I personally would not pay extra for something that I could get for limited hours for free. Dinner at some of the pay options are well worth it, but with so many great options at lunchtime available, there would be no reason to pay extra on port days for items at the new pig & anchor.

Of course, utilizing Cheers on some craft beers is a wise choice at any time.