Can you switch a booked passenger to another name?

BoopTennis

Before final payment, can you switch a booked passenger to another person? For example, in one cabin we have booked passenger A and passenger B. Passenger B cannot do the cruise so we want to switch that name out for a new passenger C in the same cabin as passenger A. Is this a problem to do as long as it is well before final payment and cancellation periods?

Does it cause the cabin to have to be rebooked?

And if that cabin was booked under a certain promo (eg Sip and Sail promo), will the new passenger C be able to take advantage of the promo?

thanks for any details on this

i will, I was also curious if anyone on cc had actual experience with this. (not just guessing). thx

Could you please post the answer when you find out from Princess?

Thanks

Debr

This is precisely how I took my first cruise on Princess some years ago. It was only a week before the cruise - my friend's boyfriend had a family emergency and couldn't go, and we were able to switch his ticket to my name - there was a small fee, which I can't remember but it was under $100 - my best recollection is that it was more like $50. Of course, that was more than a decade ago....

I just helped my dad with a similar situation. My stepmom had to cancel a week before final payment. I called the TA for my dad. The TA was able to keep the same booking number, with his free gratuities promotion, and same pricing (although he's basically still paying for two people with the exception of the port fees). The booking just shows my dad in the cabin now. It was no problem.

As long as it's before final payment, you can change a passenger with no charge. One of the original passengers must remain booked.

After final payment, there's a charge of $50 to change a passenger. Again, one of the original passengers must remain on the booking.

I think you can change a passenger (with the $50 charge) up to 2-3 days before sailing.

The booking doesn't change unless the 2nd passenger has a separate booking #. Check with your TA.

The bottom line is that it's no problem. Just ask.

You can do it, one of the original passengers has to stay on the booking, you can change the other one, no problem.

100% agree.

And before final payment time there should be no charge to do this. Pricing and benefits should remain the same.

Up to 48 hours prior to departure you can substitute another passenger for one passenger on the original booking at no or minimal cost . However at least one of the passengers originally booked must still travel .

This happened to me about 10 years ago. I had a mini booked for myself and my two teenage daughters, at that time, and my youngest one who was in soccer had a tournament come up and she refused to let the team down and told me she wasn't going. Since I had already paid and did not take out insurance I told my other daughter she could bring a friend. When I contacted Princess about the name change they told me there would be a fee involved, I questioned it, and after speaking with her supervisor she told me that since I was Elite they would waive the fee.

I think you can change a passenger (with the $50 charge) up to 2-3 days before sailing.

The bottom line is that it's no problem. Just ask.

Can confirm this is the case.

As a follow up to my original question, I did call Princess and they confirmed that as long one of the original booked passengers stays in the cabin, the 2nd passenger can be changed with another name for no penalty before final payment. Also the promo that is attached to the original booking stays intact for the new passenger. (we will let you know if it really works out this way once if we have to do this later).