Carnival Guest Care Don't Care!

_Bonnie_

Actually I believe it's because OP messed up, not Carnival.

How did we mess up MrsBob? We waited at the location listed in the paperwork. when husband called they had no record of us....7/14 or 7/15!!! :o:rolleyes:

How did we mess up MrsBob? We waited at the location listed in the paperwork. when husband called they had no record of us....7/14 or 7/15!!! :o:rolleyes:

But you said you arrived the day before. Transfers are for the day OF. You would have had to go back to the airport the next day.

You arrived the day before though, correct?

Yes the day before 7/14 When we ASKED the Carnival agent if this was an issue, ...She repreatedly said NO!!!!!

We booked our flights after the Carnival agent advised us this was ok.

I had a concern from the original statement about them calling the transfer company. We have used the Carnival shuttle several times from airports including returning to the airport the day of the cruise after arriving a day earlier. I may be mistaken, but I don't remember any shuttle information listing the name of the transfer company that was to pick us up. It would list the time and place to meet and a Carnival number to call if we had any problems. There was also a Carnival rep there with the clipboard of names.

Yes the day before 7/14 When we ASKED the Carnival agent if this was an issue, ...She repreatedly said NO!!!!!

We booked our flights after the Carnival agent advised us this was ok.

You can't take a transfer to the port if there's no ship to go to. Transfers are only on the day of sailing. It should have said that in your paperwork.

She was right, it's not an issue if you arrived a day early as you would simply return back to the airport to catch the shuttle usually via free hotel shuttle.

If the Carnival agent would have fully explained to us Cruise Newbies that the transfer was for the day of, all would have be ideal....it was a huge misunderstanding on mine and my husband's,im seeing now, since this was done on speakerphone, we both screwed up....thanks ya'll for the flame and roast! I was just needing to rant.... Happy Sailing

Use Uber next time. I personally think the Carnival transfers are too much hassle myself and don't deal with them.

When I went on my cruise last month it was going to be $25 per person to BWI. Right outside the cruise terminal we caught a cab for 3 people for $30 flat rate. No waiting walked off the ship and into a cab

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, you messed up. It says on the website and likely on your paperwork that transfers are ONLY on the day of sailing.

You found transportation for cheaper anyway.

You came out ahead.

Go to another cruise line. I hope you find one (not owned by carnival parent corporation lol) that makes you happy.

Maybe your names would have popped up in the system for the next day. It is irrelevant at this point because you came out cheaper the way you did it.

Stop trying to be greedy. Learn from YOUR mistake. Move on.

That is my advice.

Stop wasting your time tilting at windmills.

ETA: I just saw your last post. Enjoy cruising. Even with the little mess ups, we always have a great time since the captain does the driving!!

If the Carnival agent would have fully explained to us Cruise Newbies that the transfer was for the day of, all would have be ideal....it was a huge misunderstanding on mine and my husband's,im seeing now, since this was done on speakerphone, we both screwed up....thanks ya'll for the flame and roast! I was just needing to rant.... Happy Sailing

Finally- the clear facts, that the ONLY responsibility is with the OP. I'm certain the transfer DATE is on their information. "Both" shouldn't include Carnival. Of course there was NO reservation for when they were there, they were there on the WRONG day. The advice to take a cab was reasonable.

I am sorry Bonnie but I still don't understand how even as a new cruiser you could have misunderstood that the transportation to the pier would be available the day before the ship had came in.

You could have came in a week before you sailed and still used the transfers, you just need to return to the airport the actual day of to catch them.

It is too bad you didn't find this site before your cruise. You could have asked how transfers work.

But, since you found us, stick around. If you don't want to sail carnival anymore, no problem. This site caters to all cruise lines.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm totally confused...

OP, why were wanting a shuttle to the port the day you arrived (a day before the cruise) if you were staying at a nearby hotel that night? Did you mean a hotel nearby the port or nearby the airport?

You called carnival when the shuttle didn't arrive and when they couldn't help you, you called a taxi and went to the port. The day before the cruise? What am I missing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

It's possible that when the OP asked about shuttles from the airport to her hotel, the Carnival rep said Of course (Marriott or whatever) runs shuttles all the time, and the OP heard differently as she claims. There might be a definite disconnect between what the OP states Carnival rep said and her understanding.

On the other hand, the Carnival rep could have been wrong in what or how she presented the shuttle process to the OP. It's not like Carnival phone reps give out 100% correct information all the time.

Those of us who have used the Carnival shuttle in the past know from experience what it is about. A newbie all excited about a first cruise, combined with a phone rep who may not have provided sufficient info usually has at least one misunderstanding ready to blossom.

Wow are some of you ever judgmental! I hope you never make a mistake and then vent to someone about how you're treated! Bonnie admitted that she & her husband probably misunderstood, but she believed what she thought the Carnival rep told her... yes she's being made whole, and I suspect that her entire purpose in pursuing this in the first place was to get the apology, don't forget that Karen from Carnival TOLD HER to include the request for taxi refund.

I'm a terrible traveler- I plan everything out to the nth degree because I panic when things go wrong. So I understand how Bonnie felt. and to come here and be attacked the way some of you have, is just not fair! Maybe you don't agree, maybe you don't understand, but geez loueez- don't be so mean about it!!!!

To those of you who were just trying to understand, and perhaps to help, well good for you. But maybe next time try being a bit nicer to a newbie!

It's possible that when the OP asked about shuttles from the airport to her hotel, the Carnival rep said Of course (Marriott or whatever) runs shuttles all the time, and the OP heard differently as she claims. There might be a definite disconnect between what the OP states Carnival rep said and her understanding.

Agree that there was definitely a disconnect. As evidenced by the first post. If you were discussing the transfer w the carnival rep on the phone with the information 'I'm landing on the 14th and staying in a nearby hotel'. To OP that means near the port so I need a transfer on the 14th, while to the carnival rep that probably meant that the hotel was near the airport. So 'yes, no problem, you can still get picked up at the airport for the shuttle' is a true response. Even, 'this happens all the time', since yes, I'm sure plenty of cruisers in this scenario would stay at an airport near the hotel to take advantage of the free transfers. You can see how the conversation could have carried all the way on to booking with both sides discussing completely different things.

There we go. Found the disconnect. I can understand the confusion (on both sides). OP, wondering where the shuttle was, and the transfer company, wondering why someone was calling 24 hours before the schedule time, wondering where the shuttle was. (Yes, I saw where they said, "we don't have you on our list" but that sounds like someone trying to make excuses at the company). Carnival is confused when she calls because she is saying no shuttle was there, while their records probably show a dozen people got on the shuttle and rode to Galveston on Saturday.

This is always my biggest fear when traveling. Off by one day. A flight. A connection. A hotel. A rental car. An excursion. Just something. Not missed, just misplaced. I actually showed up at a hotel one time only to find out my reservations were for the next day. Luckily they had a room (and allowed me to cancel my other reservation). Because of that, I am now hyper-vigilant about check both date and day. I always note things as day, date, such as Friday the 14th.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There we go. Found the disconnect. I can understand the confusion (on both sides). OP, wondering where the shuttle was, and the transfer company, wondering why someone was calling 24 hours before the schedule time, wondering where the shuttle was. (Yes, I saw where they said, "we don't have you on our list" but that sounds like someone trying to make excuses at the company). Carnival is confused when she calls because she is saying no shuttle was there, while their records probably show a dozen people got on the shuttle and rode to Galveston on Saturday.

This is always my biggest fear when traveling. Off by one day. A flight. A connection. A hotel. A rental car. An excursion. Just something. Not missed, just misplaced. I actually showed up at a hotel one time only to find out my reservations were for the next day. Luckily they had a room (and allowed me to cancel my other reservation). Because of that, I am now hyper-vigilant about check both date and day. I always note things as day, date, such as Friday the 14th.

LOL. I just did that with airline reservations. For some reason I got it in my head that we were flying home on the 17th and that's the day I booked the return flight for. Nope we were returning on the 15th. Expensive mistake! But luckily I was able to fix it.

I have found a YA who is local and a friend of a friend for our next trip [emoji41]

I'm still doing monumental research, but leaving the details to her!

100% agree. The logistics that go into traveling are crazy. Flights, hotels, cruises, tours, transfers, etc. I always have a calendar in front of me with everything written down as I book. And double check before I click 'checkout'. And triple check before we leave. So far so good, knock on wood.

Even if she went to the right place there still seems to be a problem on Carnival's side. I highlighted the part where the transfer company had no record of their transfer purchase and Carnival records show that they paid for that transfer.

And they were given their transfers back. Wanting the taxi ride refunded also is just plain stupid. She is wanting a totally free ride from airport to Galveston port. She is being ridiculous.

Our flight arrived at 8:30, we waited by Baggage Claim / Ground Transportation as listed on our transfer paperwork...at 10:15 we started calling...

Was this on the day of your cruise. Carnival specifically states they only run transfers day of cruise and final day of cruise.

The only time they take you to a hotel is if you bought your airfare through them.

If your answer is no to these you messed up. Not Carnival. You got your transfers refunded, within 5 business days, but are still not happy. You are wanting a free ride. I don't think so.

And they were given their transfers back. Wanting the taxi ride refunded also is just plain stupid. She is wanting a totally free ride from airport to Galveston port. She is being ridiculous.

Without knowing all what she wants it's not fair to label her as ridiculous. Maybe she wants someone high enough in the organization to recognize the error and give better instructions in the future so someone else reading here avoids this scenario.

Why are so many people so quick to jump on other people for asking for help? I mean really, many are acting like OP made 110% of the errors here. They made some, any of which any of us could make too. But the company gave some improper information and now after a great cruise vacation you have a customer on a public form who remembers and talks about their negative experience, I've learned from her difficult time, and tried to help, without judging them for asking,

Without knowing all what she wants it's not fair to label her as ridiculous. Maybe she wants someone high enough in the organization to recognize the error and give better instructions in the future so someone else reading here avoids this scenario.

Why are so many people so quick to jump on other people for asking for help? I mean really, many are acting like OP made 110% of the errors here. They made some, any of which any of us could make too. But the company gave some improper information and now after a great cruise vacation you have a customer on a public form who remembers and talks about their negative experience, I've learned from her difficult time, and tried to help, without judging them for asking,

(y)(y)

From her posts she wants her taxi fare refunded on top of the refund Carnival gave her for the transfers to which they were a noshow for.

Look, I get that being new to cruising can be scary and confusing at times. We were all there once and I didn't have access to this site so it was trial by fire. However, it boils down to reading your documents and contacting the proper people if you have questions. I don't even know how the transfer people came into play or if they even have the manifest. If I was standing in the supposed meeting place of where I'm supposed to be and no one is there, then I would call Carnival and verify the date and time I was supposed to be there while checking my documents. If that question would have been asked of Carnival off the bat, then they would have realized it was the wrong day.

I don't have a problem with people making mistakes. I have a problem with putting someone (in this case Carnival) on blast placing blame solely on them, demanding further compensation because of a mistake that was ultimately the OPs fault. Say it was miscommunication by Carnival's, but was it? How do we know that? It boils down to being prepared and reading your documents. Being that Carnival refunded their transfer fee in which the customer was a noshow shows good faith on their part. They didn't have to. At least I don't think so. But to demand that Carnival's customer service stinks and they are going to rant and think bad of the cruise line because THEY made the error is where I can't agree.

There are more constructive ways of saying they need to improve what they tell customers besides making them out to be an uncaring, greedy corporation that strands their customers and refuse to compensate them. However, from their posts, it seems that only refunding their $107 would make them feel good again. Maybe since they now realize (as they stated) that the blame lies with themselves, the OP will move on and not have any more animosity towards Carnival as it really wasn't their fault they didn't read their documents and catch the shuttle as scheduled and agreed to.