Passport renewal

tjcletsgo

Just remember that if you have a Global Entry card, you have to get that updated with your new passport number.

... or DL expiration date or any other changes in the GE profile. Spouse forgot and was tagged on a return stateside. DL number and expiration changed; was at least 2 years out of date. I don't think this happens often, but scared the bejeebers out of her :) Corrected information and as of last check to GOES website she is now active.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

If you need a visa or other travel document then remember that you will need a new one with a new passport.

That depends upon the country issuing the visa. For example, if your US passport expires with a still valid Brazilian visa you do not apply for a new Brazilian visa; you just need to carry your old passport in addition to the new one when entering Brazil.

Just got my passport renewed. I went in on a Thursday, mailed it to the expedite office, and received it in the mail the following weekend. I was basically without my passport for 7 business days!! Amazingly fast.

Taking my kids this week to get theirs renewed under non expedited conditions. Will report back on how long that takes. Having to have both parents there is for their safety but such an inconvenience. I know we could get a notarized form, but it's probably just as easy to have both of us go at the same time but work and passport hours get in the way.

I was worried about how long mine would take because on line the wait times said they were longer and I travel internationally for work, but it was surprisingly fast.

>> 2 weeks << (or less)

We Ex-Pats can but but wish...

My wife renewed her UK passport earlier this year and the new one showed up here in SAN about 2 weeks after sending her old one back to the UK. According to the USPS tracking info, the slowest part of the journey was from LHR to the passport processing center up near Newcastle.