Guy's Burgers

excitedcruiser

Can anyone tell me if Guy's Burgers will be open when we arrive on the ship during embarkation? We are on the Breeze this Sunday and it will be our first time with a Guy's on the ship. It say's it normally opens at noon. We are finally platinum this cruise and will probably be on the ship before noon. I didn't know if maybe they open early during boarding. Thanks

Good that you are Platinum and board early so you'll be ahead of the crowds lining up. I saw that lines can form from both sides, and invariably someone complains of cutting in when the 2nd line forms.

By 2PM there can be 30 -50 people on each line.

Good that you are Platinum and board early so you'll be ahead of the crowds lining up. I saw that lines can form from both sides, and invariably someone complains of cutting in when the 2nd line forms.

By 2PM there can be 30 -50 people on each line.

I find the lines get long as well. But they generally move fairly quickly there. If it's really long it's better to just wait for another day and try something else. There are enough choices in the lido area at lunch to wait for a burger on day 1, when it will be easier on another day.

I find the lines get long as well. But they generally move fairly quickly there. If it's really long it's better to just wait for another day and try something else. There are enough choices in the lido area at lunch to wait for a burger on day 1, when it will be easier on another day.

Exactly, it's only a burger, not a steak giveaway.

I prefer the BBQ joint.

Don't set your expectations too high, we really did not care for them at all. I like a thick juicy, medium rare hamburger. These are not thick, juicy, and definitely not MR, more like killed well. . If you like Freddies, you will like these. I think Freddies is a step below Guys. This is just one reporter's opinion.

I usually head straight to Guys after dropping the soda and wine in the stateroom. I instruct the leader that I want my meat pink in the middle. A good vet should have it back on its feet in 15 minutes. I click the glove no if they try to give me one of those over cooked hockey pucks that are completely devoid of moisture.

I usually head straight to Guys after dropping the soda and wine in the stateroom. I instruct the leader that I want my meat pink in the middle. A good vet should have it back on its feet in 15 minutes. I click the glove no if they try to give me one of those over cooked hockey pucks that are completely devoid of moisture.

They seem to insist on well down burgers

They are well done but I have not had a dry one at all. Because of the sauce and steam method they stay juicy. And by the time you add the fixings they are a delicious mess. DH has threatened not to cruise on a Carnival ship without one!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you don't want the lines and you want a nice lunch try the italian restaurant on embarkation day. we did last year on the breeze and after the crowds at embarkation is was a great way to start on cruise. There were only 3 other tables with cruisers.

I find you can get a Guy's burger pretty much anytime.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying here, interesting wording. However, there is no way you are getting a pink burger. They are pressed hard for fast cooking. I doubt if they are even allowed to serve them MR. Even Red Robin does not serve MR hamburgers, must be cooked to 165 degrees.

We are relatively inexperienced with Guys having only one cruise on Carnival. I did pick up the Guys addiction though. My strategy for the lines was to find a spot where I could see Guys, get a drink, relax, and check the line every once in a while. It can be long one minute, very short or no line 10 min later, and then long again. When I see it short, I just hop on over. This worked for me every day and I never stood in line for more than a minute.

Dear ExcitedCruiser- I'll be boarding the Breeze in 40 (OMG!!!! 40!!!) days and I'm with you- I can't wait to try a Guy's burger... and for all you naysayers who put down Guy's burgers, thank you muchly for your opinion but I prefer to form my own!