Crown and Anchor - What to expect

I still want to know how he's getting free drinks in the lounge with 77 points:*

Didn't the post say 77 nights? If some of those nights were prior to 2011, then points could be much more. Also, if some nights were in a JS and/or solo, that could also account for more than 77 points.

Speak for yourself.

I would never ever even consider buying the drink package (not worth it for me between level of drinking and frugality). But my free Diamond drinks are a HUGE perk to me (including the cappuccino machine). We go to the DL on the early side every night for a couple drinks and often use a few of our sea pass drinks after that during/after dinner. I don't mind only drinking during that 3.5 hour period (plus you can use your sea pass drinks for unopened beers and save them for late night or during the next day if you want).

Never understood why people try to speak for entire populations. Different people value perks differently.

Soon to be diamond can't wait there are a lot of perks for Diamond level. :D

I did purchase something on my upcoming Allure of the Seas cruise. I did the math and thought it was a good deal. The speciality coffee package which consists of 15 any specialty coffee for 30.00. I love my coffee and i think i will be quite happy with this. I don't care if it's Starbucks. I am an avid coffee drinker and i think Seattle's Best is just as good as Starbucks. I have had the speciality coffee on rcl before and i think it's really good . My husband would divorce me if i drank

enough to pay for the unlimited drink package. lol So i won't buy that i usually buy those foo foo drinks on show days like lava flo or another frozen drink . And make my way to the bar for a couple of gin and tonics. The drink prices are not cheap but the drinks are usually fair and generous with the alcohol. Husband has a foo foo drink at the shows and maybe a bottle of beer once or twice a day that's about it.

Speak for yourself.

I would never ever even consider buying the drink package (not worth it for me between level of drinking and frugality). But my free Diamond drinks are a HUGE perk to me (including the cappuccino machine). We go to the DL on the early side every night for a couple drinks and often use a few of our sea pass drinks after that during/after dinner. I don't mind only drinking during that 3.5 hour period (plus you can use your sea pass drinks for unopened beers and save them for late night or during the next day if you want).

Never understood why people try to speak for entire populations. Different people value perks differently.

The free drinks and the buy one get one are very much appreciated. Most people do not buy the unlimited drink package.

I don't and will probably never buy it now that they are thinking of imposing all in the cabin to buy the package if one buys it. I like my drinks as much as the next person but you really have to dr;pink a lot to make this package worth it. And i don't begrudge anyone the choice but i would not say it is the majority. i am quite sure it is the minority who purchase this package.

Just curious, do you ever post anything positive?

Yes. Just my threshold is much higher than most peoples....

77 points only makes you Emerald. What lounge did they open for free drinks??

Wasn't sure what the exact "diamond" number was. I guess I rounded down too much. Blame it on fuzzy math...

The only packages I have bought are soda packages for myself and our son, and the water package for my wife. Neither of us are big drinkers, and my wife generally refrains from drinking unless the ship is docked or anchored.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned as a perk is going to the C&A party. Besides getting to insight as to the future plans of RC, the alcohol is free. You also get to see which passengers on the ship have the most nights and get a free bottle of champagne.

The entire thing is a joke

The only thing that used to be worthwhile was a few drinks once you hit around 11 - 7 day cruises.

Now that RC convinced everyone to buy drink packages.

The free drinks are now unnecessary.

But there people on this site that live their life based on the RC status system...

Your right every time I get 40% off my drink package, I think this is a joke.

Every time I get free vroom surf and stream, I think this is a joke.

Every time I got a free cruise, I think this is a joke.

What a joke! [emoji23]

Your right every time I get 40% off my drink package, I think this is a joke.

Every time I get free vroom surf and stream, I think this is a joke.

Every time I got a free cruise, I think this is a joke.

What a joke! [emoji23]

Sounds like the joke is on them as we love the benefits too.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Just a tad off topic, but, can you use the drinks on your sea pass in the MDR? I know you can in the theater, but couldn't in the MDR. Has that changed?

As with other things, it depends. Some reported doing so on Harmony, but not many other ships, yet.

Does San Juan have the Gold check in line?

Do all sailing in the cabin need to be gold to use it?

Don't recall, but they will normally allow all in the stateroom to stay in the same priority line.

I just saw this thread great input .

Just a heads up that might answer some of the questions you have is to go to the Royal Carribeann website

log into Crown and Anchor and there is a Member Benefits drop down and it gives you a chart with refference numbers on the perks you can look up below the chart. Small print but good info.

I will be Diamond Plus after this cruise in Septemebr and I like the perks....discount when you book thru RCI and the three free drinks is nice and the Diamond lounge is nice.............

Going in Suites gives you extra points as does the back to backs too........if you can splurge and book a suite it is nice and Grand and up gets you into the concierge lounge. Before my husband passed we did a couple cruises a year and spulruged and got to diamond quickly...........We had a cruise account and "the suites are sweet"so we threw as much as we could in the account and then wow!!!

All this is IMHO

But do check out Crown and Anchor it will give you a clearer insight.......

Also all my cruises were booked on line via RCI web site and I found this so easy to do all my travel through....

I am loyal to Royal,I like the line...........never had a bad experience with a cabin or a meal or a employee or a tour..

Thanks for the great thread!!!

P.S. Biker19 Hello your "stalker" here LOL Nikki (er oops your follower here) Ha Ha

Listen to Biker19 he has excellent input and does it in a terrific manner.....with HUMOR...

Edited by Loved to Cruise
spelling