Taking wine onboard Royal Caribbean.

MmeH

Please bring your own corkscrew. There MAY be one in the room. It's a small item to pack

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But don't have it in your carry on on the plane....carry on boarding the ship is OK. I toss mine in the checked bags

if we have to fly to a port.

Of it does not have a mini knife (foil cutter) it is ok for carryon. I've traveled with on for a decade

12 years a wine distributor to restaurants. Believe me I have lost many favorite wine keys to the TSA when I would forget to take them out of my carry on when our team would fly back and forth to California. I prefer the waiters key

style with the little knife and the double jointed action variety.

Agree, there is really no checking set up on which carry on goes to which cabin, that I know of, but perhaps on college spring break cruises they are more apt to check. My sister was bringing on too much carry on, so my DH carried one of her bags, which happened to have her two bottles of wine in it. He had his carry on with our two bottles also. No one stopped him. We actually did not even think about it until later.

My quote was to another poster who thought we would have those bottles taken away or checked. I was stating in all of the cruises I have had on RCI since the new wine policy, none of those times were we checked or observed any others being checked or sent to a security table.

I was genuinely wondering how RCI enforces the 2 bottles/cabin rule...😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920I using Forums mobile app

This baffles me on how this is worded. If you can't take on non-alcoholic beverages why/how may they inspect water bottles or soda bottles?

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them. Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

Guests are allowed to bring two additional 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom, for each individual sailing, when sailing on consecutive cruises. Additional bottles beyond two, will be stored by the ship and delivered, two bottles at a time, to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing four bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for both sailings available to share with security.

This baffles me on how this is worded. If you can't take on non-alcoholic beverages why/how may they inspect water bottles or soda bottles?...

Remember, this is Royal Caribbean, where confusing and ambiguous wording is the norm.;)

This baffles me on how this is worded. If you can't take on non-alcoholic beverages why/how may they inspect water bottles or soda bottles?

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them. Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

Guests are allowed to bring two additional 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom, for each individual sailing, when sailing on consecutive cruises. Additional bottles beyond two, will be stored by the ship and delivered, two bottles at a time, to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing four bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for both sailings available to share with security.

They inspect for tampering.

They do the "shake test". Water and alcohol react differently to being shaken.

Earlier this year, my Husband and I did a Back to Back on the Freedom. We were allowed 1 bottle per person per cruise...so on embarkation, we brought 4 bottles (750). At dinner time, we took the bottle to the Dining Room and the bar attendant opened it for us and provided glasses. If we didn't finish, she kept it and had it on the table the next day. She told us that if we had any that needed to be chilled, to bring it to dinner anytime and she would make certain it was nice and cold.

She was the absolute best and we tipped her well. There was no corkage fee, and if I'm not mistaken, RCCL has a statement saying you can bring wine with you on the ship and that there is no corkage fees. I will see if I can find it.

Well, it says its a $15 corkage fee....we most certainly didn't pay that, although its better than buying a bottle from dining room.

The fee is recently reinstated, probably wasn't at the time of your cruise

It has always been 2 bottles per cabin though. Not 1 per person. Doesn't make much difference if there's 2 of you but it does for solo cruisers lol

You may substitute champagne. We take 2 bottles of champagne (did it last month and 6 months ago), one bottle each, in our carry on bags. We also order a water package and get 12 bottles Evian in the room. Then we use empty Evian bottles to bring orange juice from the buffet to our room to enjoy Mimosas on the balcony! Love it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Remember, this is Royal Caribbean, where confusing and ambiguous wording is the norm.;)

I'm finding that out, this is our first RC cruise.

They inspect for tampering.

They do the "shake test". Water and alcohol react differently to being shaken.

I understand the reasoning for the inspection, but it says you can't take non-alcoholic beverages and that's the reason for my question.

I'm finding that out, this is our first RC cruise.

I understand the reasoning for the inspection, but it says you can't take non-alcoholic beverages and that's the reason for my question.

They inspect the not allowed n/a beverages because they do not strictly enforce the 'not allowed' rule